FlightLine Spitfire Mk.IX 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP
FlightLine Spitfire Mk.IX 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP - FLW303P
The Supermarine Spitfire is one of the most popular warbirds in history. This British single-seat fighter was used famously by the Royal Air Force and the Allies, earning distinction during the Battle of Britain and throughout World War II. Over 20,300 aircraft were produced with more than 24 variants. The Spitfire’s versatility and maneuverability in the hands of skilled pilots made it a lethal weapon against Axis forces. The timeless Spitfire continues to fly in modern times as a tribute to aviation history and military veterans.
After a large outpouring of requests from customers to upsize its smaller 1200mm Spitfire, FlightLine’s 1600mm wingspan Spitfire Mk.IXc is approximately 1/7 scale and an entirely larger beast with all the bells and whistles we’ve come to expect from aircraft in the 1600mm Class. This Spitfire is molded from EPO foam, featuring a scale shape and smooth surface. The main wing is assembled from hollow foam parts and an interlocking plywood and carbon fiber frame, providing lower weight and higher strength than a solid foam wing. The main wing and horizontal tail are attached with screws for very convenient transport, and proper ventilation is also designed to keep the electronics cool. The large battery hatch and removable battery bay floor provides easy access to an organized battery and receiver compartment, including space for an optional flight stabilizer gyro.
This elegant model aircraft is equipped with a 5055-390KV brushless outrunner motor, 80A ESC, and scale 4-blade propeller. With the recommended 6S 4000-5000mAh lipo battery, the Spitfire MK.IXc has a level top speed of 125kph/75mph, with tall vertical power and 6-10 minutes of flight time depending on throttle management. Delivering capable grass handling performance, the main landing gear use shock absorbing Oleo struts, a main wheel diameter of 85mm, and a tail wheel diameter of 45mm. Metal reinforcement plates, 5mm thick steel strut pins and axles, and metal trunions work together with the suspension struts and soft wheels to dampen the forces caused by operating this aircraft on rough runways. The FlightLine 1600mm Spitfire Mk.IXc was optimized for sport scale performance, gentle handling, and an almost effortless flying experience, suitable for intermediate pilots and above. Importantly, a very predictable stall and power on recovery make the aircraft easy to control throughout all stages of flight. Day-Bright LEDs also aid in visibility of this large and beautiful foam electric model aircraft.
The FlightLine 1600mm Spitfire arrives completely painted. To personalize your Spitfire, included in the box are two optional decal sets, depicting the aircraft of Squadron Leader F.A.O. Tony Gaze (MA621 DV-A) and Lieutenant Michel Boudier (BS393 GW-Z). We are proud to partner with Callie Graphics (www.callie-graphics.com), with whom we’ve prepared a wide line of optional decal sets for separate purchase to further customize your new Spitfire!
Visit the Official FlightLine 1600mm Spitfire Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Grass capable landing gear with suspension struts and 5mm thick steel pin and metal trunion
- Scale four panel split flaps
- Big 16x10 Propeller, 5055-390KV brushless motor and 80A ESC with EC5 connector
- LED wingtip lights and dorsal signal light
- 17g digital hybrid servos, brass ball links, and nylon hinges on all control surfaces
- Machine Screw Inserts molded into the spinner backplate to easily adjust blade tracking while mounted on the motor
- Removable wings, cannon, and antenna for easy transport
- Central Control Board for organized wiring
- Access holes to adjust Elevator/Rudder linkages without removing the wing
- Gyro ready plywood area near CG location
- Two decal sets included: MA621 DV-A, Squadron Leader Tony Gaze, 129 Squadron, 1943 and BS393 GW-Z for Lt. Michel Boudier, 340 Squadron, 1942
- Additional sets made available by Callie Graphics, including George Beurling, Pierre Clostermann, etc.
- FlightLine Spitfire Mk.IX 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP
- Motor, ESC, servos, LED lights and retracts pre-installed
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 to 6000 mAh LiPo battery with EC5 connector – we recommend Admiral 6 Cell 6000 mAh LiPo battery
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1600mm / 62.99in
1350mm / 53.1in
2850g / 100.53oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||90mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
5055-390KV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
80A Brushless with EC5 connector
Propeller / EDF
16x10 4 Blade Propeller
17g digital hybrid gear standard with 550mm lead: left aileron, right aileron
|Landing Gear||Electric retracts with metal trunions|
6 Cell 22.2V 4000 to 6000 mAh LiPo battery with EC5 Connector
6+ Channel 2.4GHz
|Build Time||1 Hour|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- FlightLine 1600mm Spitfire Mk.IX Instruction Manual
- FlightLine 1600mm Spitfire Mk.IX Decal Placement Sheet
- September 11, 2018 - The FlightLine 1600mm Spitfire recommends a 6S 5000 mAh Lipo, but can be flown on an equivalent weight 4S pack at a higher throttle setting. Extra special care for CG must be taken, since the 6S 5000 is typically pushed all the way forward, meaning a 4S would need to be an equivalent weight.
- August 9, 2018 - For modelers with access to a 3D Printer or who want to use a third party 3D printing service, we are offering for a limited time the original .STL files for free download. Modelers are responsible for preparing the file for their own printer’s specifications. These downloadable files are ideal for modelers who enjoy tinkering with printer settings and materials. Please note, we only provide the .STL files themselves; we cannot provide tech support for your specific printer. By downloading the .STL files, you agree to not monetize the file in any way without Motion RC’s express written consent. If you have your own 3D printer, or have access to one, you can download the STL files directly from this link:
- Spitfire Clipped Wing Conversion and Cockpit .STL Files
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Well built with very smooth finish. A pleasure to "work" on. Issue with faulty ESC was quickly remedied by Motion RC folks. Outstanding customer support.
Very good product.
Hard to fly
Im not an expert yet. But this plane is hard tk fly... so its nice beautiful but you need to have skills...
Excellent 1600mm Warbird
I absolutely love this 1600mm Spitfire, I also have the 1600mm Corsair bubble top, and love that Warbird just as much. Flightline is a great manufacturer along with Motion Rc with excellent customer service. Both birds went together great with no problem. Being 1600mm both fly with ease. My next Bird will be the 1600mm P-38. Now all we need is a 1600mm P-51 Mustang, and after that a entire 1600mm line including the BF 109, FW 190, P40, P47, Dauntless,
SPITFIRE 1/7 SCALE R/C
WHAT CAN I SAY,I LOVE IT,EXTREMELY DETAILED,JUST WHAT I WANTED
Spitfire of my dreams!
Thank you Motion RC and Flightline RC for such an awesome, big Spitfire! I'm glad I waited and saved for this bigger 1600mm Spitfire. This is my first warbird and the 1600mm Corsair will be next! The fit and finish is supurb, and It's so easy to put together at the field! It flys amazingly! As my friend from Slovinia says, "What are you waiting for, just push the button, hey!"
So... so good!
This plane was a tough purchase for me. I typically go for American planes. Also I always buy fms, I was an fms snob. But I heard such good reviews and I watched some spitfire documentaries so I pulled the trigger on this bird. I’m so glad I did too. It’s a big, beautiful plane right out of the box. I really wanted a plane that was difficult on the ground and gave me a challenge on touch and goes. I figured with the narrow landing gear this would be it. But she’s a sweet heart! Such an easy fun bird to fly and the looks of her in the air are fantastic. But the best part, I’m getting 15-20 minutes PER BATTERY!!! I love the big beefy landing gear and the dorsal light is a great feature. Best plane I own, and I own a lot.
Good detail on the foam with panel lines and rivets and components - foam was straight and free of dents. Paint was flawless and looks better in person than all the pictures - Battery compartment large enough to accommodate wide range of batteries - flew great and a little faster than scale , wouldn’t call it fast but just right , needed some up mix with full flaps but came in slow and smooth very excited ! Only reason I’m giving it 4 stars is that the sticker quality is not the best , some are water transfer and some are not and be forewarned not a single decal is applied from the manufacturer (which I like ) just wish the quality was a little better adhere properties and thickness - take off and landing was on grass field with no problems with a 5000mah pack - Jose
Motion RC has a new European website
Go there instead?