Eagle A3-L V2 3 Axis Airplane Gyro
Eagle A3-L V2 Airplane Flight Stabilizer / 3 Axis Gyro - HEA3LITE
The Eagle A3-L airplane gyro is the new upgraded version of the top selling Eagle Pro SE. Major updates include a new light-weight protective shell, updated v2.7 logic software, remote master gain control, and automatic gyro calibration at start-up. The Eagle A3-L has three gyro modes: normal/2D mode, 3D mode, and gyro deactivated mode. Additionally it supports both analog and digital servos and provides separate gain adjustments for each flight mode. All functions of the Eagle A3-L are easy to setup via a simple on-board button and indicator LED. The A3-L provides excellent stability for any size electric RC plane, offering an incredible advance in airplane gyro technology for an affordable price.
Why use an airplane gyro? - Gyros (also called flight stabilizers) help keep your airplane stable during take-off, flight maneuvers, and landings which can be helpful during windy days or when learning how to fly RC planes. Once thought to be for beginners only, Gyros are now common in all classes of aircraft and are utilized by all levels of flyers. Gyros are great for learning, they let pilots practice advanced aerobatics, they give you piece of mind in less than ideal flight conditions, and they can often help you avoid costly crash damage.
Need more convincing? Be sure to read our article Gyros: Clearing Up The Stigma from our Knowledge Blog.
- Works with all major receiver brands including Spektrum, Futaba, Hitec, JR, and more.
- 3 Pre-programmed flight modes:
- Normal Mode (2D Mode): this is the standard flight stabilization mode.
- 3D Flight Mode: this mode will attempt to hold the LAST position the aircraft was in. For example, if you put the airplane into a knife edge and then activate 3D mode, the airplane will hold the knife edge.
- Gyro Deactivated Mode: this turns the gyro off to allow unassisted/non-stabilized flight.
- 3 Wing Types: standard, delta, and v-tail.
- One-key setting mode with colored LED indicator light
- Remote master gain
- Supports 50Hz, 125Hz, and 250Hz servo frequencies
- Separate gain adjustment for each flight mode
- Automatic gyro calibration (auto stick centering) at start-up
- High Voltage (7.4v) compatible
- Futaba S.Bus and S.Bus 2 compatible
- Easy to use, extremely well-suited to beginners.
- small, lightweight form-factor
- Eagle A3-L Flight Stabilizer
- 16V EZ-Plug capacitor to help maintain a secure voltage level during flight
- 3M Foam mounting tape
- 4 x 150mm(6") male to male servo wires to connect stabilizer to your receiver
- Input Voltage: DC 5V-7.4V, powered from the receiver directly
- Gyroscope: 2000 dps, 1kHz
- Servo Frequency: 50Hz/125Hz/250Hz
- Servo Travel: 1520500s Limit 970-2070s
- Operating Temperature: -40 ℃ to 85 ℃
- Size: 43mm x 27mm
- Weight: 11 g (excluding wires)
Which Eagle Gyro is right for me?
|Sensor||2D Mode||3D Mode||Auto-Recovery||Auto-Hover||Remote Gain||S.Bus||HV||Upgradable||Price|
|A3 Super 3||6-Axis||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||$$$|
IMPORTANT - Please Read This Carefully
- Proper setup of the Hobby Eagle Gyro is crucial. Read the gyro instruction manual completely before attempting to fly your aircraft. Failure to follow setup instructions can result in loss of control and inevitable damage to your aircraft.
- Ensure the gyro is installed in the proper orientation (see manual) and is mounted to a hard surface near the aircraft's CG point.
- When you first plug in your aircraft battery DO NOT move your aircraft for at least 10 seconds to allow the gyro to perform self-calibration.
- It is crucial to verify that the gyro is moving the control surfaces in the correct direction BEFORE attempting to fly your aircraft. Failure to do so could result in loss of control during flight.
- Setup one of your gyro control switches (3 position switch on your radio) to activate Gyro Disable. This safety feature will allow you turn off the gyro if you encounter any issues during flight.
- ANY warranty claim for Hobby Eagle gyros applies to the gyro only, not the aircraft in which the gyro was installed.
The new A3 series provides 5-channel inputs and 3-channel outputs. You only need to connect the receiver and servos to the corresponding pins on the side of the controller. The knobs are used to adjust the gain for each flight mode, clockwise to increase, anti-clockwise to decrease. Futaba's S.Bus and S.Bus 2 are supported by the new A3 series.
A3-L Setting Menu
When the controller is working, press and hold down the button for more than 2 seconds which will allow you to enter the settings menu as all settings are completed by the button. Please consult the manual for more details.
The box contains 4 receiver wires and 2 pieces of double-sided tape in addition to the A3.
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- March 5, 2018 - Important control logic change for Atti-Lock mode. In the new firmware, the attitude locking will take effect only when the sticks are in their center positions. When moving the sticks the gyro will switch to Normal mode automatically.
- March 1, 2018 - Dynamic basic gain drop added for all flight mode except for Trainer mode when moving the sticks. The drop rate of aileron, elevator and rudder can be set separately by changing the 'Response Gain'. The larger the Response Gain is, the faster the basic gain will reduce step by step and finally disappeared.
- May 5, 2017 - This product is not recommended for Nitro or Gas-powered R/C aircraft.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Easy to set-up and Easy to use. Best thing is IT WORKS. Makes flying in windy conditions a breeze. Motion RC has filmed the set-up procedure to ease the process.
Works great on all planes
With this gyro it turned a plane that had bad tendencies and I didn't enjoy flying into a so much better plane that is now great to fly. Best $20 ever spent.
I've put one of these in 4 of my planes now, and this little device has become a must-have for all of my planes from now on. Very simple to use and set up, and it makes the plane fly a million times better. Planes that flew good before fly great now, and planes that flew OK before fly outstanding. Video on the site tells you everything you need to know. Be good to yourself and get one and try it out. You'll love it. Enjoy!
Fast service when ordering and very professional.
Excellent product. Great shipping.
I use this cost-friendly, simple, 3-axis gyro to make my warbirds fly more scale. It makes quite a difference if there's a steady/gusty wind at the flying field.
I wasn’t sure how different my plane would fly and after flying today for the first time with the gyro A3 Gryo, I was very impressed. It was windy and It can see the difference. My plane felt more solid and made the the flying even more enjoyable. Thanks for the video MotionRC on how to set it up. Greatly appreciated.
I've got 2 of these in a couple of my EDFs now, and I just had to write a review. I bought 3 more and put them in more jets, I've enjoyed it so much. This device is an absolute must-have for EDF flyers. It's super easy to set up and use and it makes a YUGE difference with how the plane flies. I've heard many people poo-poo gyros, but I can honestly say that they don't have anything to do with your flying. They tune the plane, just a like a tuner tunes a guitar. It makes is look better and easier get to do what you want it to do. I put one in a Freewing 80mm A-4 and it's a totally different plane now. Flies absolutely fantastic! I also put on in a Flightline 1600mm Corsair, and it's just AMAZING to fly now. Handles 100000% better and looks better doing it. No wobbling and takes off and lands smoother, too. I have the gain set at 25% on all of them, and it's perfect. Doesn't need anything more than that. Highly recommended. You'll love it. Enjoy!