Freewing F-14 Tomcat Twin 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
Freewing F-14 Tomcat Twin 12-Blade 80mm EDF Jet in "Bullet 101" Scheme - PNP - FJ30812P
Version Info: This is the PNP version of the Freewing F-14. The pictures show the optional pylons and weapon set which are not included with the plane. These can be purchased separately by clicking the "upgrades" tab.
We here at Motion RC are proud to announce our Super Scale F-14D Tomcat! Never before has an electric F-14 been produced in this size and with this high a degree of scale fidelity and quality. Easily one of the most beloved jets in history, we’re especially excited to offer this thrilling F-14D Tomcat. Our team worked tirelessly to develop an RC model which brings the excitement and scale performance of this hallmark aircraft to your local flying field and to appropriately honor the F-14 Tomcat’s rightful place in aviation history. We chose to depict “Bullet 101”, the specially marked F-14D from the VF-2 squadron “Bounty Hunters”, which was painted in the mid-1990s to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the F-14’s service in the United States Navy.
The signature feature of the real F-14 is its sweeping wing, and we've worked to design this model around this function as well. Our lightweight, aluminum “Wing Box” design supports a rigid wing in both forward and swept configurations. The wings pivot on flat bearings to reduce resistance and wear. Electric servoless actuators extend and sweep the wings using steel control rods and brass ball links. The result of this design is a durable, maintenance-free wing sweep feature which provides pilots with a worthy F-14 flying experience.
Scale fidelity, surface details, and builder-friendliness were also specific areas of focus. The PNP model arrives with the main fuselage completely assembled. All the electronics –servos, EDFs, ESCs, UBEC, retracts, and lights—are completely installed at the factory. The builder simply needs to screw on the wings and epoxy on the forward nose section and the assorted surface details like the wing fences, antennas, pitot tube, etc. To further simplify the wiring and setup, this F14 incorporates an onboard mixing circuit board which controls all the servos, taileron/aileron mixing, wing sweeping, and the lighting package.
While the complexity of this F-14D make it the largest, most impressive, and heaviest EDF jet available at Motion RC to date, the aircraft uses two 80mm 12 blade EDFs and two 6s 4000mAh batteries which can propel it through the sky at 100mph. The Freewing F-14 is also extremely capable and stable at slow flight. The model can cruise at 60% throttle, can turn at 40% throttle even with the wings swept rearward, and can land at less than 40mph with full flaps. The F-14D’s two powerplants utilize two 3530-1680kV outrunners and 80A ESCs. An 8 amp UBEC supplies the ten servos with dependable power to all systems.
Visit the Official Freewing Twin 80mm F-14D Tomcat Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Model officially licensed by Northrop Grumman
- 2x 12 Blade factory balanced 80mm EDFs with metal housing and 3530-1680kV brushless outrunner motors produces realistic jet turbine sound
- Rigid aluminum wing box assembly for a swept wing configuration
- Pre-installed servoless actuators to sweep the wing during flight
- Super scale details include hand painted pilots, antennas, pitot tubes, etc
- Proudly displaying the authentic "Bullet 101" livery of the VF-2 squandron "Bounty Hunters"
- 2x 80 Amp Hobbywing ESCs with single 8 amp UBEC
- Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts
- Steerable, shock absorbing nose gear for enhanced ground maneuverability
- Servo operated nose gear door (pre-installed sequencer)
- Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
- 9x LED lights plus landing light
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
- Gapless flap hinges
- Outrunner motors, servos, ESCs and EDFs come pre-installed for your convenience (PNP version only)
- Removable magnetic nose cone for convenient transport
- Freewing F-14 Bullet 101 Twin 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 7 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 7 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 7 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 7 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- TWO 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Batteries with EC5 connectors - EPR40006
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1016mm retracted 1550mm extended / 40in retracted 61in extended
1498mm / 59in
4160g without battery / 147oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||393mm measured back from the intake|
2x 3530-1680kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
2x 80A ESCs, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
2x 80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan
9g metal gear standard with 850mm lead (use 550mm + extension) : nose gear door
|Landing Gear||Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts|
2x 6S 22.2V 4000mAh LiPo (required)
7+ Channel full range 2.4Ghz (using pre-installed mixing board)
Yes (landing light, 9x LEDs)
Nylon gapless hinges
|Build Time||2 Hours|
|Recommended Environment||Minimum 300 foot runway, recommended pavement, mat, or short turf|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- September 19, 2015 - The weapons set shown in the photos is available separately and is not included with the PNP or KIT+ aircraft. The weapons sets do add weight and lots of drag, which decreases the model's top speed by ~12-15 mph.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
F-14 The Beast!!!
Awesome Plane!!! What a presence at the field, everyone knows your there..... Excellent flyer being that shes easily seen in the sky and her wing span allows for smooth transitions.. Need to take it to the next level just retract her wings and hold on!!!!!!!
Motion RC F14
Really impressed with the scale like appearance. Ease of assembly. There are a few cons, but they were solved by Motion RC within 3 days
Been waiting for this. Haven’t flown it yet but it should do awesome.
Very nice jet
Purchased this jet recently, assembled it in about one hour. Instructions are clear & in English. High quality plane , am planning on getting the F16 artic camo 70mm.
Freewing F14 Tomcat
Excellent model ,very well designed.
Great plane ,easy to transport with the folding wing ,fitted it with spektrum safe select sport receiver
First Flight F 14 Tomcat
My son and I flew this for the first time today off a grass field with a very light head wind. The aircraft took off in about 50 ft, was very stable and performed superbly throughout all maneuvers including with the wings in the swept position and a perfect landing with the flaps in the 'take-off' setting. Of all the models we have flown , F15, F4, F 16, A10 etc this one out-performed them all and was probably the most stable although advanced experience is required.
Really nice jet- excellent fit and finish. Channel mixing required for best flight characteristics
Practically Out Of The Box Excellence
This F14 scale jet is outstanding! It was mostly assembled and beautifully painted in the box. After easy to follow instructions for the finish work, this jet flew more like a simple low wing trainer than the complex jet that it is. I am fortunate to have a hard surface runway at our club field so the reviews I read about the landing gear were not an issue. Absolutely recommend the tomcat and MotionRC for your scale flying needs. Thank you MotionRC for another great model, also hove the A10 Thunderbolt (another big hit).