Freewing F-22 Raptor Ultra Performance 8S 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
F-22 Raptor with 12-Blade Ultra Performance 8S 90mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31321P
Version Note: This is the 8S version which comes with a 90mm 12-Blade EDF 8S Power System with a 4075-1390kV inrunner brushless motor and 150A ESC.
The F-22 Raptor is the world’s first Fifth Generation fighter that delivers cutting edge advances in low observable “stealth” capabilities, enhanced computer-assisted agility, and precision combat capability. The F-22 represents the future of modern air combat, and its technology continues to set the standard against which all other Fifth Generation fighters are judged.
The Freewing F-22 is a flying RC replica of this innovative fighter jet. Boasting both the lowest stall speed and one of the highest top speeds among all of Freewing’s jets, be prepared to fly a wide flight envelope with this visually stunning model aircraft! Freewing’s F-22 is capable of maneuvers most other EDFs can only dream of –our design team considers it a Performer and a Trainer in one. The Freewing F-22 measures 1500mm in length with a wingspan of 1060mm. Assembled from an array of materials including EPO foam, aluminum, carbon fiber, steel, nylon, plastic, and wood, the Freewing F-22 delivers extreme maneuverability and reliable durability on grass runways. The model aircraft features a mixture of sharp panel lines, graduated paintwork, and realistic decals. More than 15 colors of paint and decals combine to represent the subtle but complex surface shades and panels seen on the full-size F-22. The model’s main colors appear to slightly “shift” depending on the light conditions, with metallic, matte, and semi-gloss surfaces working to achieve the subtle effect. This isn’t your average plain gray jet!
Main Assembly is completed primarily with screws to attach the flying surfaces. The full flying horizontal stabilizers’ metal shafts rotate within steel bearings for smooth operation, and their servos along with the aileron and flap servos are housed within plastic trays for easy removal and servicing. As with the recent popular Freewing 80mm L-39, this Freewing 90mm F-22’s cockpit is also lined with thin plastic to resist heat damage to the darker cockpit surfaces. The main wings disconnect conveniently with a flexible ribbon wire cable, which smartly reduces the load exerted on the actual electronic connections. A magnetic nose cone encased in molded plastic with raised surface details can be removed easily to reduce the model’s length during transport to your flying field. Finally, the onboard MFCB supports expansion of up to eight additional LEDs aside from the sequenced landing light.
The Freewing F-22 is simultaneously capable of extreme expert-level maneuvers and sedate trainer-like flying. A widened gear stance and larger-than-scale grass-appropriate wheels greatly improve ground handling on short grass runways. The servo operated nose gear door is also aided by recessed magnets to help hold the doors shut during flight. Even without flaps, the model can takeoff in less than 100 feet! In the flight pattern, the Freewing F-22 truly shines. It is highly maneuverable and very difficult to stall, and can be flown at high angles of attack including high-alpha, and wild maneuvers including Cobra, inverted Immelmans, etc. Overall, our design team developed the Freewing F-22 to be able to fly a similar pattern to that flown by the real F-22 in its popular air show demonstration routine. Despite its extreme capabilities in the hands of expert RC pilots, the Freewing F-22 can also be cruised comfortably at 40%-50% throttle for stable flying as a 90mm Jet Trainer for RC pilots moving up from the 70mm-80mm Jet sizes. In the landing pattern, flaps are not required to slow the model to a long and level descent. If flaps are used, please see the manual for appropriate mixing.
The Freewing F-22 is available in two PNP versions. The Standard version features a 90mm EDF with an all-new 9 blade single piece impeller, factory balanced for precise operation, paired with a 3748-1750kV outrunner brushless motor and 130A ESC. The Deluxe 8S version features a 90mm 12 blade impeller, also molded as a single unit and factory balanced, mounted to a powerful 4075-1390kV inrunner brushless motor and 150A ESC. The F-22’s maximum level airspeed has been measured at 170KPH / 106MPH and 190KPH / 119MPH between the Standard and Deluxe versions, respectively.
Expanding the customization possibilities with your model, Motion RC also provides free downloads of 3D Printable files for a complete 3DPUP Cockpit Set, Ejection Seat, Static Display AIM-9, and Static Display Intake/Exhaust Covers. These 3DPUP files in .STL format are optimized for printing on common FDM-type printers and require very minimal assembly. For an additional challenge, a Canopy Frame Set is also available for modelers who want to experiment with a fabricating their own servo-driven opening canopy function.
Overall, the Freewing 90mm F-22 is a very approachable flyer and suitable for pilots moving up to their first 90mm jet from a 70mm or 80mm jet. For pilots already familiar with the handling of a 90mm jet, this F-22 offers the potential to master an expanded set of realistic maneuvers.
Put stealth aside –stand out and be seen ruling the skies with your Raptor today!
Visit the Official Freewing 90mm F-22 Raptor Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Model officially licensed by Lockheed Martin
- Exceptional low speed stability and high speed agility
- Realistic Scale Maneuver capability includes Cobra, Mongo Flip, J-Turn, Descending Spiral, Hover, etc
- Efficient, balanced, powerful 12-Blade EDF power system with coveted realistic "woosh" jet sound
- Has the lowest stall speed and one of the highest top speeds among all of Freewing’s jets
- Large battery bay to easily fit either 6S or 8S battery (for appropriate 6S or 8S Power System)
- Materials include EPO foam, aluminum, carbon fiber, steel, nylon, plastic, and wood for maximum durability
- Features a mixture of sharp panel lines, graduated paintwork, and realistic decals for maximum realism
- MultiShade™ livery incorporating paint and decals with over 12 different colors and subtle shading in metallic, satin, and matte finishes
- Servos are housed within plastic trays for easy removal and servicing
- Cockpit is lined with thin plastic to resist heat damage
- Grass-capable suspension landing gear and sequenced nose gear doors with magnet assist
- Free downloadable 3DPUP Sets including Cockpit Set and Static Display Weapons Bay Set (see the Support Tab for download details)
- Main wings disconnect conveniently with a flexible ribbon wire cable, which smartly reduces the load exerted on the actual electronic connections
- Magnetic nose cone encased in molded plastic with raised surface details can be removed easily to reduce the model’s length during transport to your flying field
- MFCB for wire organization and future expansion-potential with LEDs and optional accessories
- Widened gear stance and larger-than-scale grass-appropriate wheels greatly improve ground handling on short grass runways
- Ball Bearing-supported horizontal stabilators
- Screw-assembly for all flying surfaces
- Capable of Expert-level maneuvers as well as smooth, stable slow flight for less-experienced jet flyers
- Freewing F-22 Raptor Ultra Performance 8S 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 12-Blade EDF power system (installed)
- 4075-1390kV inrunner brushless motor (installed)
- 150A ESC with EC5 connector (installed)
- Electronic retractable landing gear (installed)
- Servos, LED Lights (installed)
- 6 Channel radio - select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel receiver - select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- TWO 4 Cell 14.8V 6000 mAh LiPo batteries with EC5 connector - EPR60004E
- OR -
ONE 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo battery with EC5 connector AND ONE 2 Cell 7.4V 5000 mAh LiPo with EC5 connector - EPR50006 AND EPR50002E
- EC5 2-to-1 series adapter - ADMEC5SERIES
- 4 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
1 : 13 Scale
1060mm / 41.73in
2960g / 104.41oz (w/o battery)
CG (Center of Gravity)
150mm (5.9") from the leading edge of the wing at the root
8S 4075-1390kV Inrunner Brushless Motor
Electronic Speed Control
150A, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
90mm 12-Blade EDF
9g metal gear digital standard with 500mm lead : nose gear door
Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts
6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo and 2 Cell 7.4V 5000 mAh LiPo batteries with EC5 connector in series
6 Channel (required)
|Outdoor, 150+ foot paved runway or short manicured grass|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- January 11, 2019 - These are the 3DPup files for the main gear outer door. You can download the ZIP file directly at this link.
- November 6, 2018 - For modelers with access to a 3D Printer or who want to use a third party 3D printing service, we are offering the original .STL files for free download. Modelers are responsible for preparing the file for their own printer’s specifications. These downloadable files are ideal for modelers who enjoy tinkering with printer settings and materials. Please note, we only provide the .STL files themselves; we cannot provide tech support for your specific printer. By downloading the .STL files, you agree to not monetize the file in any way without Motion RC’s express written consent. If you have your own 3D printer, or have access to one, you can download the STL files directly at this link.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Fantastic plane - easy to fly
Easy to fly and easy to build.
Motion RC is crushing it with these RC Jets. The detail in these jets are amazing. I crewed the F4, F16 and B1 in the KANG. I’m waiting for Freewing to release the B1 and my collection will be complete.
Freewing 90mm F-22 Ultra
Awesome airplane! I’ve work on the real F-22 test program when it was in development (I was in the USAF at the time). I’ve always thought the F-22 was a beautiful aircraft! This Freewing model captured the beautiful aerodynamic line of the real aircraft so realistically, it’s amazing! I haven’t flown it yet (just bought it) but from what I’ve seen in YouTube video, this model flew fantastically! Can’t wait to fly it. Needless to say, I am a happy buyer.
Very Fine Flying Machine
This is probably one of the best of the Freewing jets for almost any flyer. It is fast, agile, easy to fly (fast and slow), quick in response, easy to build. I really can’t say enough good about this bird. The maiden was so well behaved that it felt to me like an old friend. The only issue was on landing the plane just wanted to keep on flying, thus it was hard to slow down to make the short field landing. I did a few modification, mostly cosmetic. For some strange reason they did not include any navigation lights. So I used the high powered GT 3W lights along with RCGeeks afterburner. Now that makes it a crowed pleaser. The landings can earthier be slow or fast. Our field is only about 150’ long so it is almost like landing on a carrier. No problem for this bird and the large wheels and undercarriage take a lot of stress on such a short field with no issue. I truly love this airplane. One thing I will ad the ailerons are very responsive. So either use a lot of expo or lower the rates to about 40% on the low to 75% and high. This will be more than enough for fun flying or acrobatic flight.
One of my wings has a gash around the wing root. I am guessing from the factory. In all fairness I have not had a chance to address this with Motion yet. Other than this issue, fast shipping and the rest of the plain looks awsome.
Freewing/MRC have done a great job with this F22. It builds nicely. Everything fits snug and alignment is close to perfect. My only issues prior to maiden is the canopy. The vision panel portion of the canopy is glued on almost 1/2” off center. Very crooked. Don’t want to remove it so I damage the finish but ****** me off. And for an nearly $600 plane, another 10 bucks to add some wing tip lights would have gone along way... Now to flying. Very nice gear, handles our grass field terrifically. Take offs are smooth and scale. Plenty of power for short take offs, but it enjoy watching her roll out. Handles like a dream, she is very predictable, stable at surprisingly slow speeds, which makes greasing landings a breeze... I thoroughly recommend this... Not a beginner jet but flies so nicely, I don’t think it gives an intermediate jet guy any problems.
Fifteen minutes to get the machine up and running. Not yet flown but the plane looks very good next to a10
Cool looking F22 from Freewing
Just purchased a Freewing model looking forward to get it airborne soon Jan Jorgensen
The best EDF on the market by far.
I rarely take the time to write reviews. I feel compelled to write one for this plane. It is simply incredible. I have the ultra performance version. Assembly is extremely simple. Once you have it put together, you can see how stunning this EDF is. It looks exactly like the Raptor. Incredible. It flys just as good as it looks. I fly in a grass field that is not cut very often. The grass is somewhat long. I have flown other EDF’s and most of them except the A-10 have had trouble taking off in this grass. Well let me tell you this F-22 handles it no problem. With the first notch of flaps it gently glides off the ground after a surprisingly short takeoff run. This is a powerful jet and has no issues getting off the ground. Flying it is absolutely incredible. It sounds like a real jet. Slow flight is an absolute pleasure. You can really get this thing slow and enjoy some relaxing, slow flying. Push up the throttle to max, and this thing absolutely rips. I mean it really is fast. At any speed, it handles exceptionally well. Very scale. Flying it into land is an absolute breeze. It just glides in. Keep just a little power in until the very end and you are good to go. I have flown popular large EDF’s such as the A-10 and F-16 that Freewing makes. I can say with total confidence that this is bar none the best looking and best flying EDF on the market bar none. Buy it. No seriously - stop reading these review and just buy it. Side note - Motion RC is great. Easy to use websites. Always putting out new products. Super fast shipping. Thanks Motion.