Roban Airwolf 800 Size Scale Helicopter - ARF
Airwolf 800 Size Scale Helicopter ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) from Roban - RBN-AWS8
This is the Roban Airwolf Scale 800 ARF, a premium scale kit that offers unparalleled detail. From tip-to-tail the Airwolf body kit displays an accuracy of detail to the fictional full scale aircraft from the TV series, the kind of attention to detail not normally seen in the RC helicopter hobby.
This kit comes with a fully illuminated scale detail cockpit with illuminated instrument panel and overhead panel, joysticks, rudder pedals, aerials, windshield wipers, antenna, weapons, rockets, the special camera on each side of the fuselage and more. Floor and ceiling details can be crafted so once the interiors are installed you have an impressively scaled cockpit/interior. This kit includes electric retracts that are easy to install for that extra level scale appeal.
These scale kits house the cockpit in precisely the right location and the mechanics are built into the engine compartment just like in the full scale version. The Airwolf really impresses with the highly detailed and accurately scaled down profile.
- 2 Blade rotorhead and scale carbon fiber rotor blades
- 2 Tail blade head and scale carbon fiber tail blades
- Extremely detailed surface with molded panel lines and rivets
- 3-Point electric retract system for the ultimate scale finishing touch
- Completely illuminated scale cockpit
- Complete built In / partially pre-installed position lighting system (Controlled via AUX channel)
- Special CCPM mechanics built in the top section like the full scale
- Take off weight of 9kg (19.8 pounds)
- 1794mm long (71")
- Roban Airwolf 800 size scale body
- Full 800 size helicopter mechanics
- 2 Carbon fiber rotor blades
- 2 Carbon fiber tail blades
- Complete illuminated scale cockpit
- Complete built in / partially pre-installed position lighting system
- 3-Point electric retract system (not installed)
- Helicopter flight controller - we recommend the BavarianDEMON 3X Flybarless System
- Electronic speed control (ESC) - we recommend the Castle Creations Talon High Voltage 120A ESC with 20A BEC
- Brushless motor - we recommend the Scorpion HKIII 4035-560kV brushless motor
- Three cyclic servos - we recommend the MKS DS-1220
- Tail servo - we recommend the MKS DS HBL980
- 12 Cell 44.4V 5000mAh LiPo battery - we recommend Two Admiral 6S 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo Batteries in series
- 7 Channel radio - select a minimum 7 channel radio with pitch and throttle curves from our Radio Collection
- 7 Channel receiver - select a minimum 7 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
Roban Scale Helicopters are intended for modelers who have advanced level building skills. Both ARF and KIT product formats require you to install your own electronics (ESC, servos, motor, etc). KIT product formats also require you to install your own helicopter mechanics. Because helicopter mechanics can vary greatly in size and shape, you may be required to modify the fuselage slightly (including cutting, drilling, etc.) to achieve a perfect fit. Roban fuselages are all handmade from fiberglass and therefore may have slight variation in tolerances between body panels, doors, or windows. These variations do not affect flight performance and can be easily adjusted by an experienced builder with proper tools. These precautions are intended for novice builders; an experienced modeler should have no issue achieving perfect results with these premiere scale helicopters kits.
Class / Size
Overall Size (L x W x H)
1850 x 580 x 510mm
Main Rotor Diameter
Main Rotor Blade Length
Tail Rotor Diameter
Tail Rotor Blade Length
Tail Drive Type
3x Metal Gear
1x Metal Gear
530kV Brushless Motor
Electronic Speed Control
120A High Voltage with EC5 Connector
2x 6S 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo with EC5 Connector (in series for 12S)
Battery Compartment Size (L x W x H)
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- Roban Airwolf 800 Size Instruction Manual
- Roban Belt Drive Adjustment for 700/800 ARFs - Technical Notice
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Check and DOUBLE check
Study EVERYTHING that comes with this kit; there's MANY parts. Check out the tab (on this site) with the upgrades; investing some more money for better quality parts will stretch the lifespan of your copter. The enclosed B&W manual sometimes doesn't show very clearly how to follow the assembly steps. You can download the entire manual and print those sections of the manual in color. It helps. Have an experienced person verify the settings and your work. You get a lot of machine for your money and everything is very detailed and realistic. Enjoy!
Who doesnt love Airwolf?
While i did not get mine through Motion RC this kit is great! i got the Matte V2 model. Model was easy to put together (the instructions are bare bones, If this is your first build you will find yourself with lots of questions) Great flyer too!!! just a side note for the retracts...*****THEY ARE RATED FOR 6V AND LESS DO NOT RUN ANY HIGHER YOU WILL **** THE RETRACT*****...Something not mentioned in the manual or any website. You will have to do some light fitting on some part and one more side not the rocket launcher is "optional" it does not come with the kit.
Motion RC has a new European website
Go there instead?