E-flite P-51D Mustang BNF Basic with AS3X® 1.2m (48") Wingspan - BNF
48" Wingspan E-flite P-51D Mustang BNF Basic with AS3X - Bind-N-Fly (BNF) - EFL8250
Out of the gate, the 1941 prototype of the P-51 was impressive. However, trials revealed that the super-sleek machine needed the right tweaks to become a true thoroughbred. The magic formula was realized with the P-51D Mustang because it had the performance, weapons and range to outperform any challenger of the day. After WWII, thousands of the P-51D aircraft remained in service with numerous countries around the globe—some till as late as 1980. The E-flite P-51D Mustang 1.2m model captures the legendary U.S. Army Air Core fighter at its peak when it was with the 334th Fighter Squadron and features the kind of performance, detail and flying quality that’s sure to impress.
Even standing still, the realistic four-blade propeller, outline and cockpit detail highlight the laser-focused attention given to pull off a popular subject like the Mustang. Each scale flap section features the precision of independent servo operation while the retractable main landing gear features reliable electric operation that looks smooth. Construction with Z-Foam™ material keeps the overall weight low and delivers level of airframe durability that’s ideal for everyday flying. But the exclusive feature that makes this definitive aircraft the choice for having a great flying warbird experience is AS3X technology. That’s because the compact Spektrum™AR636A DSMX receiver installed features an AS3X system specially tuned to give you rock-solid flight performance similar to the experience you’d have with an expertly set up model many more times its size. Whether you’re an intermediate or advanced pilot, the P-51D Mustang 1.2m will help you enjoy what flying a legendary thoroughbred is all about.
Technology that Makes Flight More Satisfying
The advanced AS3X (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) system built into the Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A receiver is what helps give this model an incredibly solid look in the air and feel to you at the controls. As a result, your workload to fly smoothly is significantly reduced, making a warbird like this Mustang the best flying experience possible.
The installed main landing gear feature reliable electric retraction with covers over the steel struts and outer gear doors that enhance the scale appearance.
A light wing loading, plus operational flaps, gives this warbird a significantly greater flight envelope with the ability to takeoff in shorter distances and land more slowly.
15-Size Brushless Power System
The power system features a 15-size outrunner with 850Kv and a 40-amp ESC that when combined with your 2200mAh 3S 25C Li-Po battery delivers outstanding thrust.
Construction with durable Z-Foam™ material offers the ability to replicate complex detail with greater accuracy while providing a lightweight airframe that’s easy to maintain.
- Easy to complete final assembly
- AS3X technology for rock-solid flight stability
- 6-channel control with a steerable tail wheel
- Powerful 15-size brushless motor (installed)
- E-flite 40-amp brushless ESC (installed)
- (6) Spektrum micro servos (installed)
- Accepts 2200mAh 3S 11.1V Li-Po battery packs (sold separately)
- Constructed with durable Z-Foam™ material
- Colorful WWII 334th Fighter Squadron trim scheme
- Realistic 4-blade propeller and engine exhaust detail
- Removable wing tanks included
- Painted canopy with a clear view of the pilot and cockpit
- 48" Wingspan E-flite P-51D Mustang BNF Basic with AS3X - (BNF)
- Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A DSMX receiver
- Retractable electric main landing gear, installed
- Operational flaps, installed
- Minimum 6 Channel DSM2 full range Radio - Click Here for recommendations
- 3S 11.1V 2200 mAh LiPo Battery with EC3 connector - We recommend EPR22003EC3
- Li-Po battery charger - Click Here for recommendations
48in / 1219mm
53.9oz / 1530g
|CG (Center of Gravity)||85mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
|15-size brushless outrunner (installed)|
Electronic Speed Control
40-amp ESC with EC3 connector (installed)
Propeller / EDF
10.5 x 8 4 blade
11.1V 2200mAh 3S LiPo (required)
6+ channel DSM2/DSMX transmitter (required)
|Build Time||Less than 1 Hour|
Product Spare Parts