FlightLine F4U-1D Corsair "Bubble Top" 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP
FlightLine F4U-1D Corsair "Bubble Top" 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP - FLW3041P
The F4U Corsair was a carrier-based and land-based aircraft developed during WWII. Its unique inverted sea-gull wing is its distinctive feature, as well as its maneuverability and versatility to operate in many areas. Its powerful engine, producing a top speed of 640 kph, made the Corsair one of the fastest piston fighters in the world at that time. In the Pacific battlefield, it achieved an impressive 11:1 combat record. The Corsair remained in military service after WWII into the Korean war era and several continue to fly today with civilian operators.
This FlightLine F4U Corsair is approximately 1/8 scale, with a 1600mm wingspan and 1300mm length. We offer both the F4U-1A (“Birdcage” canopy) and F4U-1D (“Bubble Top” canopy) versions of the early three-bladed Corsair, and each version sports its own period-accurate factory paint scheme and includes appropriate decals from which users can choose their favorite to apply. Molded from EPO foam and featuring a scale shape with lots of plastic parts to enhance its scale fidelity and user friendliness, all the Corsair’s control surfaces are easily assembled with screws.
Like the FlightLine 1600mm Spitfire Mk.IX and Freewing A-10 Warthog, this Corsair also features a multi-material wing, utilizing foam, plywood, plastic, carbon tubes, and aluminum extrusions to provide a stronger wing than solid foam yet still lightweight and maneuverable. Scale lighting, scale six-panel flaps, scale landing gear, sharply molded panel lines and raised surfaces, and various other scale features make this the best big foam electric Corsair on the market today!
The FlightLine F4U Corsair stock PNP version is equipped with a 5055-390KV brushless outrunner motor and scale 3-blade propeller and 80A ESC. The specially molded large size propeller and all-new motor help power the Corsair through acrobatic maneuvers with ease while retaining a reasonable scale appearance. The model can cruise at ~40-50% throttle setting and loop consecutively at only 50%-60% throttle setting. Vertical performance is also excellent for a scale model this size! With the recommended Admiral 6S 5000mAh lipo battery, the F4U Corsair has a level top speed of 125kph/75mph, with 5-9 minutes of flight time depending on throttle management.
Takeoff is very stable without the need for flaps. The F4U can execute a wide range of maneuvers, including all scale maneuvers and additional non-scale acrobatics. Its aluminum suspension main struts and tall wheels provide confidence when operating on grass runways. All three landing gear are retractable, and the mains even feature three panel sequenced molded plastic gear doors for ultimate realism.
To give users an added element of versatility, the inside wall of the molded plastic cowl incorporates eight hidden tubes to house lead ballast, which users can add or remove depending on their preferred battery size (i.e. add ballast if flying a 4000mAh, remove ballast for 6,000+mAh). For users flying the recommended Admiral 6S 5000, no additional ballast is required other than what is already factory-installed. Refer to the manual for the recommended CG position.
An optional 3DPUP Cockpit Set is also available separately to further enhance the realism of this bold and beautiful F4U Corsair!
Visit the Official FlightLine 1600mm F4U-1A/D Corsair Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Model officially licensed by Northrop Grumman
- Grass capable landing gear with 5mm thick steel pin and metal trunion
- All new rotating main retract unit
- Metal suspension main struts with sequenced main gear doors
- Retractable tail wheel with scale detailing
- Scale four panel split flaps with rounded leading edge like the full scale
- Multi-material wing incorporates foam, plywood ribs, carbon spars, and aluminum joints for optimum strength
- DayBright LED wingtip lights and sequenced landing light
- 17g digital hybrid servos, brass ball links, and nylon hinges on all control surfaces
- Large 18x12 (90% scale) diameter propeller with aluminum alignment and reinforcement plates
- Integrated ballast chamber concealed within the plastic cowl
- F4U-1A ("Birdcage" canopy) and F4U-1D ("Bubble" canopy) PNPs available in different paint schemes
- Each version contains two decal sets
- Admiral 6S 5000 provides 5-9 minutes average flight duration with throttle management
- FlightLine F4U-1D Corsair "Bubble Top" 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP
- Motor, ESC, servos, LED lights and retracts pre-installed
- 6 Channel radio - select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel receiver - select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 - 6000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - we recommend Admiral 6 Cell 6000 mAh LiPo battery
- 6 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1 : 8 Scale
1600mm / 63in
2850g / 100.53oz (w/o battery)
CG (Center of Gravity)
100mm (3.93") from the leading edge of the wing at the root
6S 5055-340kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
80A, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
18x12 3-Blade Propeller
9g metal gear standard with 300mm lead : left gear door, right gear door
Electronic retractable main gear with all metal shock absorbing struts and retractable tail wheel with scale plastic details
6S 22.2V 4000-6000mAh LiPo with EC5 connector (required)
6 Channel (required)
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- February 15, 2019 - These are updated .STL cockpit files for the F4U-1D Bubbletop version of this model. These files have been modified and tested for a good fit for your FlightLine F4U-1D Bubbletop cockpit. Note: These files will not work properly for the F4U-1A Birdcage version. You can download the Bubbletop .STL files directly at this link.
- February 14, 2019 - These are updated .STL cockpit files for the F4U-1A Birdcage version of this model. These files have been modified and tested for a good fit for your FlightLine F4U-1A Birdcage cockpit. Note: These files will not work properly for the F4U-1D Bubbletop version. The updated .STL files for the Bubbletop version will be coming soon. You can download the Birdcage .STL files directly at this link.
- February 1, 2019 - The 3D parts that comprise the .STL files listed in the link below are not a perfect fit so some moderate trimming will be required. The side panels stick up beyond the canopy base so an additional panel piece (90 degrees from the top of the side panels) will need to be constructed. We hope to have these additional pieces added to the STL file download link in the near future.
- January 3, 2019 - For modelers with access to a 3D Printer or who want to use a third party 3D printing service, we are offering the original .STL files for free download. Modelers are responsible for preparing the file for their own printer’s specifications. These downloadable files are ideal for modelers who enjoy tinkering with printer settings and materials. Please note, we only provide the .STL files themselves; we cannot provide tech support for your specific printer. By downloading the .STL files, you agree to not monetize the file in any way without Motion RC’s express written consent. If you have your own 3D printer, or have access to one, you can download the STL files directly at this link. (There are 6 total STL cockpit files, formatted for 3D printing included in this .ZIP file).
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
First off let me say I'm a 73 year old who hasn't flown RC A/C in fifty years. Everything arrived in perfect shape and the build was very easy after watching the Build Video on Motion . The Corsair was absolutely beautiful with an amazing attention to detail. I've flown the plane six times now and it flies beautifully once you have it trimmed properly. Landing is a bit tricky and definetly needs to be landed with some power. I fly off a runway surrounded by grass that is 2 inches long. I have gone through 4 main landing gears because I didn't keep it on the runway. Hard landings don't seem to be a problem but running into slightly taller grass has broken a Retrack Controller 4 times, I had to buy the entire Main Landing Gear each time since Motion has been out of stock on the Controllers. They are now out of stock on Main Landing Gears also, so I better keep it on the runway for a while. Motion has been outstanding in helping me and I just bought the FMS P-47D from Motion and I am told it will be much easier to land for a 73year old. All in all I'm having a blast, and wouldn't buy from anyone else than Motion.
Cant go wrong with this warbird
This thing is like a gift from heaven! I love this plane so much that after the first weekend flying it. I sat down and ordered the Birdcage version. It handles grass and somewhat rough terrain with ease. I'm using the recommended Admiral 6s 5000 50c but have also run Pulse 6s 5000 45c, which is a little bit heavier than the Admiral but doesn't effect CG when also placed all the way forward. It flies really nice in light winds without a Gyro but I chose to use AS3X with a 6ch. AR636 receiver.
My retracts gave out
Bouncy landing but not bad In crosswind both collapsed ordered new units doors etc cause maybe it was me Reminded me of the same problem I had with the FMS one I see the units are out of stock i suggest not to fly this one in crosswinds we shall see
Quality is top notch. Have not had a chance to fly it, so can’t comment on the function of it.
First let me say the appearance of this model is awesome. I have owned several "foamies" from various other companies and the Flightline model is beyond compare. Very good attention to detail. Quality of the foam and paint are super. Model assembled easily and the engineering is well thought out. I haven't been able to fly the model yet due to the poor weather but after reading some of the other flight reports I'm sure the flying will be as good as the rest of the aircraft. Thumbs up all around. AND Motion RC's customer service is as good as it gets!!
Brilliant model fly great ,looks great and up to the Flightline standard .Fly of our grass runway a treat a pleasure to fly and land
Corsair Flight Line - exeptionnel
Acheté en pre-order, le délais prévisionnel a été respecté voir écourté; c'est top; on peut seulement regretter que le paiement en preorder soit integral et non seulement un acompte comme il se doit normalement de procéder. Concernant la machine, Un niveau de détail et de finition absolument incroyable. très facile à assembler; seulement quelques vis; le plus long ce sont les stickers à mettre. Les qualities de vols sont bien là aussi; décollage très facile et autonomie supérieure à 8mn avec des 5000mA. Bref, le top
This is a great foam plane. The finish and detail is outstanding and it was a blast to customize. It flies great too, I fly it with a 6c 4000 and easily get 6 minutes of mixed flying. The plane will cruse around a 50% throttle and has plenty of power for any typical Warbird maneuvers. It will also slow down to almost a walking pace with those nice scale flaps. Flight is setting the bar for quality and no other major brand is even close right now.