Freewing F-4D Phantom II Ultra Performance 8S 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
F-4D Phantom II Ultra Performance 8S 90mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31221P
Version Note: This is the 8S version which comes with a 90mm 12 Blade EDF 8S Power System with a 4075-1390kV In-Runner Motor and 150A ESC.
The specter has been revealed! Aviation enthusiasts have long loved the F-4 Phantom, and Freewing and Motion RC are extremely proud to introduce our 90mm Super Scale Series rendition of this ultimate warfighter! For more than 50 years, the F-4 Phantom delivered the versatile capabilities required of an all-weather frontline supersonic interceptor, fighter-bomber, SEAD, and reconnaissance platform. Less than a year after its retirement from US military service, you can still keep the F-4 Phantom flying in your RC fleet!
RC pilots have consistently requested a large F-4 EDF jet that performs excellently out of the box without endless modifications. We developed this F-4 to deliver reliability, durability, and performance from your very first flight. Grass operation is a hallmark of the Freewing 90mm F-4. With its wide stance, tall main tires, Oleo suspension nose strut and concealed trailing link suspension main struts, this aircraft performs well on rougher grass fields.
Super scale details include accurate dual landing lights flush-mounted into the scale operating nose wheel doors, DayBright position lights, rivet detail, static arrestor hook, and period accurate ordnance comprising four AIM-9D Sidewinders and two 370 gallon fuel tanks on removable hardpoints. Plastic details include pitot tubes, ejection seat pull rings, and molded exhaust nozzles. The large fiberglass nose cone is magnetic and removable, and the chin pod beneath it is foam, allowing easy removable and customization for other versions (-C or late -D). An optional, highly detailed 3DPUP set (“3D Printed Upgrade Part”) is available that represents the correct Mk H-7 ejection seats and cockpit instrument panels in high detail. Download the 3D Print-ready files for free!
Representing the famed aircraft BuNos 66-463 operated by pilot Richard “Steve” Ritchie and weapons systems officer Charles “Chuck” DeBellevue when they scored their fifth kill together on May 10, 1972 over Vietnam, the Freewing 90mm F-4 arrives pre-painted in classic SEA (South East Asia) Camo and proudly wears the markings of the 555th TFS. For piloting wanting to customize their F-4 with their own scheme, we recommend Callie-Graphics.com.
Such a large RC model aircraft remains easy to transport with magnetic removable fiberglass nose cone and removable wings with a convenient flexible wire harness that attaches at each wing root. Large flaps, brass ball links, reliable control hardware, and digital servos throughout the aircraft provide positive control, and a specially designed elevator mechanism incorporates two ball bearings for smooth rotation at all times.
The Freewing 90mm F-4 Phantom II is available in two power system versions. The Standard version requires a 6S 5000-6000 mAh LiPo battery, and is our top recommendation to pilots seeking the best balance between speed, thrust, and cost. The High Performance version requires an 8S 5000 mAh LiPo battery, and delivers increased vertical climbing performance and acceleration. The High Performance version is recommended for Advanced pilots only due to the aircraft’s higher speed envelope and heavier flying characteristics.
Own the biggest and best performing foam EDF F-4 Phantom in the world – Rejoice RC pilots, Freewing has delivered another grand slam!
Visit the Official Freewing 90mm F-4 Phantom II Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
Note: The F4 Phantom displayed in the photos above - while similar in livery - is a custom-painted pre-production version and not the actual final production version.
- 12 Blade EDF with 8S Power System
- Heavy-duty 150 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 5A UBEC
- Removable ordnance (4x AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles and 2x magnetic fuel tanks)
- Scale operating nose door and landing lights
- Durable suspension struts for grass operation
- Removable wings and stabilizers for convenient transport
- Removable magnetic fiberglass nose cone
- Digital servos throughout
- Freewing F-4D Phantom II Ultra Performance 8S 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 6 Channel radio - select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel receiver - select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- TWO 4 Cell 14.8V 6000 mAh LiPo batteries with EC5 connector - EPR60004E
- OR -
ONE 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo battery with EC5 connector AND ONE 2 Cell 7.4V 5000 mAh LiPo with EC5 connector - EPR50006 AND EPR50002E
- EC5 2-to-1 series adapter - ADMEC5SERIES
- 4 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
1030mm / 40.15in
1550mm / 61.02in
2850g / 100.53oz (w/o battery)
CG (Center of Gravity)
190mm (7.5") from the leading edge of the wing at the root
4075-1390kV Inrunner Brushless Motor
Electronic Speed Control
150A, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
90mm 12-Blade EDF
9g metal gear digital standard with 600mm lead : nose gear steering, nose gear door
Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts
6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo and 2 Cell 7.4V 5000 mAh LiPo batteries with EC5 connector in series
6 Channel (required)
|Outdoor, 300+ foot paved runway or short manicured grass|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- Sept 21, 2018 - This update is specific to the new Grey color version of the 90mm F-4D. The grey version of this model includes two decal sets, one Marines "Grey Ghosts" and one Navy "Sundowners." The plane comes painted to accept the decals for the Grey Ghosts variant. If you wish to use the Navy Sundowner livery, it will look best if you paint your vertical stabilizer white before applying the decals to the tail section. Use a foam safe paint such as basic latex paint available at major hardware stores.
- March 22, 2018 - For modelers with access to a 3D Printer or who want to use a third party 3D printing service, we are offering for a limited time the original .STL files for free download. Modelers are responsible for preparing the file for their own printer’s specifications. These downloadable files are ideal for modelers who enjoy tinkering with printer settings and materials. Please note, we only provide the .STL files themselves; we cannot provide tech support for your specific printer. By downloading the .STL files, you agree to not monetize the file in any way without Motion RC’s express written consent. If you have your own 3D printer, or have access to one, you can download the STL files directly at this link. (There are 22 total STL ladder, cockpit and nozzle files, formatted for 3D printing included in this .ZIP file).
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
I love the plane,I can't get the motors to run. I have contacted MotionRC. Still no fix.
Plugging stabilizer and rudder servo leads into the control board resulted in zero response to the servos. I have to plug these servos directly into the receiver and then they work ok. The control board appears to be defective. Aircraft assembled but has not been flown. It will probably need to wait until spring.
Freewing Phantom F-4
Very nice product
So far so good
Packed good....on deck for the next build...
Amazing Model. I finally got the replacement part and looking forward to the maiden. I hope your Future F-105 will be this nice!
F-4 D Phantom
I only open the box it,s nice package everything locks good I will put it together on few weeks I am very happy to own that plane ,it,s one of my favorites.I will tel more when I finish it . thanks Motion RC.
By far the best foam based A/C to date.
F4-D Phantom Amazing
I am not done with my assembly, but so far I find the plane to be all that the other reviews have said. The Phantom is my favorite plan and has been for a very long time. This one from Freewing is a great addition to my collection.
Great detail could not believe the graphics for it size. Fly's well in wind cut right through it is heavy in turns thou keep the throttle on.