Freewing A-10 Thunderbolt II Super Scale Twin 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
A-10 Thunderbolt II "Warthog" Super Scale Twin 80mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31111P
Renowned by its crews and the men and women it has protected on the ground for decades, the A-10 Thunderbolt II, affectionately called the ‘Warthog’, continues to dominate the skies on CAS missions in conflict areas around the world. Despite first flying over 40 years ago, the A-10’s superior ability to execute its intended mission in modern warfare remains unchallenged.
To honor this iconic aircraft we are very proud to announce the world’s largest and most definitive foam electric PNP A-10 Thunderbolt RC model aircraft in the world! Powered by twin 80mm EDFs, this 1700mm wingspan beast is larger than any other foam A-10 on the market, yet it remains easy to transport. The Freewing 80mm A-10 delivers the best balance between size, weight, thrust, top speed, stall speed, transportability, rough grass handling, and overall scale fidelity. As an added bonus we've included a full complement of highly detailed weapons in the box; a $50 value!
The model is assembled from just ten main parts. Removable wings and a convenient flexible servo wire harness accessible at the wing root ensures a safe and reliable electronic connection at all times. The A-10’s wings are composed of hollow chambered foam with an interlocking matrix of plywood ribs, carbon square spars, and aluminum blocks, providing rigid yet supple handling.
The Freewing 80mm A-10 was specifically designed to be the most grass-capable PNP EDF on the market. While sporting a scale Oleo nose strut, the main struts are tensioned trailing links and the foam rubber tires are over 3” tall and 1” wide. In the air, the A-10’s all-new power system delivers a fully scale flight profile. Tall vertical loops, hard “jinking” turns, stable slow flight, and authoritative power. Critically, this model was designed to fly at all throttle points, both upright and inverted, without pitch sensitivity.
As a semi-scale model, the Freewing 80mm A-10 is finished from the factory in USAF two tone gray. A waterslide decal set with over 50 utility markings and three complete A-10 liveries, is included for the pilot to customize his or her A-10. These decals proudly represent Indiana’s 163rd Fighter Squadron “Blacksnakes”, Louisiana’s 47th Fighter Squadron “Termites” and Georgia’s 23rd Fighter Group “Flying Tigers.” (Artwork courtesy of Boom and Zoom Graphics).
Indiana’s 163rd Fighter Squadron “Blacksnakes”
Louisiana’s 47th Fighter Squadron “Termites”
Georgia’s 23rd Fighter Group “Flying Tigers”
For pilots wanting to install a matched pair of their own 90mm EDFs on 6s, we offer a 90mm nacelle which bolts into place and retains the outer dimensions of the stock 80mm nacelle. Own the world’s largest, most capable, most customizable, and most powerful foam electric PNP A-10 and add a definitive scale powerhouse to your hangar today!
Visit the Official Freewing A-10 80mm Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Largest foam electric PNP A-10 Warthog in the world
- Award Winner at AEF 2017 for "Best Scale Jet"
- Full complement of highly detailed weapons included in the box (CAS loadout); a $50 Value!
- Weapon plyons are individually removable from the wing and each weapon can be placed on any of the 8 included plylons for total customization.
- Grass-ready retracts with metal trunions and 5mm hardened steel pin
- Multi-material (full carbon fiber spars, plywood ribs, and aluminum blocks) wing structure for best balance of rigidity and smooth flight handling
- Scale wheel hubs and sequenced nose gear door
- DayBright LEDs and sequenced landing light
- Screw-on wings and tail surfaces
- Flexible wing wire harness for ultimate reliability and resistance to disconnection during wing flexing
- Spacious battery bay, no cutting required
- Digital Metal Gear Servos throughout
- Three unique livery options and 50 different utility decals are included in the box for maximum customization
- 90mm bolt-on nacelles for those who wish to install a 90mm power system (sold separately)
- Model officially licensed by Northrop Grumman
- Freewing A-10 Thunderbolt II Super Scale Twin 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- TWO 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 - 6000 mAh LiPo Batteries with EC5 Connectors - We recommend 2 Admiral 6 Cell 6000 mAh LiPo batteries
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1700mm / 66.92in
1551mm / 61.06in
5406g / 190.69oz with two 6S Admiral 4000 mAh LiPo Batteries
|CG (Center of Gravity)||78mm back from the leading edge of the wing root, with the aircraft upright and gear down|
2x 3530-1900KV Brushless Outrunner Motors
Electronic Speed Control
2x 100 Amp ESCs with EC5 Connectors
Propeller / EDF
2x 80mm EDFs with 9 Blade Fans
9g metal gear digital standard with 300mm lead : landing gear door
|Landing Gear||Grass-ready scale oleo nose strut and tensioned trailing link main struts|
2x 6S 22.2V 4000mAh - 6000mAh LiPo with EC5 Connector
Nylon reinforced hinges
|Build Time||1 Hour|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- Freewing A-10 Thunderbolt II Instruction Manual
- Freewing ESC Programming Manual
- A-10 Thunderbolt II Decal Layout Instruction Sheet
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Bought this plane sometime in January I just got around to flying it I waited for the right day 4 perfect flights 2 good landings 2 slightly bouncy but the gear held up fine Transports very easy breaks apart in 5 minutes my only gripe is 8 5000s go quick so it's not what I call a main flier unless one has a generator and charger to bring to the field All in all it's faster than the f4 seems that way anyhow For me it's a special day plane well worth the investment
Great Plane....not for the Faint of heart
GOOD.....Quality and build are A++, Went together quick with no fitment issues. Flight dynamics and characteristics are great, its nice and big, you can see it well unless the grey blends in with the background. It is quite fast, and gets a long way away if your not paying attention. Very, Very Stable, clean or with all the armament. Not a beginners plane for sure, but a great 1st DF Jet. CG and control set up is paramount for first flight success. keep on the ground as long as you can, then gentle up elevator, and its awesome. Flight time is right at 5 minutes with 2 6s 5000MaH Batteries. It draws a crowd, and is always a favorite of Military members who were under cover by this beautiful aircraft. BAD....Front landing gear is the week link in the entire kit....Its advertised as a grass capable plane, I fly off of asphalt with a few bumps and a few dry lake beds, anything but a perfect landing will introduce a porpoise event, and bad things will happen. Changes to CG don't seem to make any difference. Both batteries sit on top of the front gear, that's a little over 3lbs on the front gear, just in battery weight. They are supported only with plastic and foam. No Ply or carbon fiber re-enforcement, and no other supports. I have replaced the front gear twice. Used Ren Weld to reinforce things, but now, if something else happens, I will have to buy a new fuselage. Enjoy!!!!
A10 twin 80mm
Very nice plane..... extremely robust landing gear..... replacement parts a little expensive but an overall quality plane...
Plane was damaged when i received it.
A Great Jet for low and past Flights
WHAT A TERRIFIC HOGG
MOTION RC ROCKS!!! I Have an ENTIRE FLEET Of Freewing Jets! LOVE EM ALL! THE A10 Is SUPERB!! TWO THUMBS UP!!!
Very Good model, easy to assemble and a very stable flyer. A location sheet for the decals would be a great help.