Freewing A-6 Intruder 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
Freewing 80mm EDF A-6 Intruder Attack Jet - Receiver Ready in Navy USS Forrestal Color Scheme - FJ20412P
During its service life, the Grumman A-6 Intruder was the US Navy and Marine Corps premier close combat, mid-wing attack aircraft. The Intruder was in service between 1963 and 1997 and was designed as an all-weather medium attack aircraft to replace the piston-engined Douglas A-1 Skyraider.
We are proud to offer such a historic plane as our first 12 blade 80mm EDF offering. The A6 Intruder is easily one of the most requested models, so we wanted to offer an EDF jet that would stand apart from its competitors. As you've come to expect from Freewing Model, the A6 intruder is loaded with scale features and performance componentry. The new 80mm 12-blade EDF with metal housing powered by a powerful 1750kV motor produces nearly 6 pounds of thrust for awesome speed and incredible maneuverability. The sound produced from the 12 blade EDF will simply blow you away.
While 5 and 6 blade EDF produce a high pitched whining sound, the 12 blade EDF with metal housing produces the "whoosh" and air crushing sound similar to a gas turbine jet. Additional upgraded features include a 80A Hobbywing ESC, 9g precision servos, electronic retracts with full metal shock absorbing struts, and scale drop down flaps. Own one of the most sought after, highly detailed, best built RC foam jet on the market - the Freewing A-6 Intruder.
- Model officially licensed by Northrop Grumman.
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with 3530-1750KV brushless outrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound and an incredible 6 lbs of thrust
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing make the A6 AMA compliant (the fan blades themselves are NOT metal, so there are no flying restrictions)
- Super scale details include two hand painted pilots, full instrument panel, refueling probe, scale drop tanks, airfoil panel lines, and complete USS Forrestal graphics package
- 80 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 5A BEC
- Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts
- Steerable, shock absorbing nose gear for enhanced ground maneuverability
- Full function drop down flaps allow shorter take-off distances and slow, scale landings
- Full function linked horizontal stabilizer/elevator gives incredible climb and descent capability and true to life scale detail
- Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Outrunner motor, servos, ESC and EDF come pre-installed for your convenience.
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - EPR40006PRO
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1170mm / 46in
1200mm / 47.2in
2260g / 79.7oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||check manual|
3530-1750kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
80A ESC, 5A BEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan
9g metal gear standard with 100mm lead : nose gear steering
|Landing Gear||Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts|
6S 22.2V 4000mAh 60C LiPo
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
Recently Viewed Products
excellent service, the best in the industry.
Nice looking plane, but the elevator setup wasn't installed correctly
The plane looks nice and has been fun to fly, but during setup I noticed that the metal pin that you attach the horizontal stabilizers to was backwards. I needed to unscrew the control connections and switch it around myself. I then noticed that one of the securing screws wouldn't tighten. The plastic had been hollowed out from when the factory guy installed the screw (he over-tightened it, stripping out the plastic). I also adjusted the control horn hole position to the second closest hole to the center to reduce the elevator throws. The stock position was giving me almost 4 times the amount of throw as needed! I'm not sure if this was just my model, or if it's how these are all setup from the factory, but BE CAREFUL about this.
sin njngun plema
sin ningún prolema
Freewing A-6 Intruder 80mm EDF Jet
I like the plane really well.. good quality as always... I Only wish that it came with NO MARKINGS... Now it will require new paint to cover your markings so I can apply mine...
Very Nice Model. Freewing does a great job. Already have my next one picked out.
Flies Great, But Beware!
Easy to assemble, flies great and looks fantastic. My first EDF, and I was impressed. Flew like a pattern trainer. Lost the airplane though, because I did two things wrong... the remote receiver antenna was oriented the same way as the receiver antenna, and I trusted the BEC to provide power throughout the flight... voltage dropped to the point where the receiver 'browned out' and I lost control. Replacement A6 has been received, upgrading to the DX8 and AR8010T receiver to monitor receiver battery voltage. I'm also installing a separate flight pack battery just for the receiver.
Who doesn't love the A-6?! This is a great model of an iconic cold war workhorse. The aircraft went together well. I was able to get everything together and dialed within a single evening. It flies like a dream. My only desires for the model would be nose gear doors, scaled pilot and BN figures and the additional pylons for the wings. Easy enough to do but would be great out of the box. Perhaps a Prowler version is in the future...
I love this plane. Remember it from the flight of the intruder great deal as well