Freewing F-15C Eagle Super Scale High Performance 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
Freewing F-15C Eagle Super Scale High Performance 12-Blade 90mm EDF Jet in "Gulf Spirit" Scheme - PNP - FJ30912P
Version Info: This is the High Performance version of the Freewing F-15C. This version includes a powerful HET 4068-1835kV inrunner motor which offers greater thrust, yet slightly decreased flight duration. The pictures show the optional drop tank and weapon set which is not included with the plane. These can be purchased separately by clicking the "upgrades" tab.
The F-15C Eagle is arguably the world’s most successful fourth generation fighter jet. It delivered the highest thrust, fastest top speed, furthest range, highest combat kill ratio and longest service life among its contemporaries. Our team worked closely with Freewing to develop an RC model which brings the excitement and scale performance of this hallmark aircraft to your local flying field. We chose the livery of AF85102 “Gulf Spirit” of the 58th TFS/33rd TFW, whose pilots combined for three kills during the Gulf War in 1991 and continued on strength with the 12th FS into the 2000s.
Freewing’s F-15C boasts a powerful single 90mm power system and features a range of scale details which set it apart from any other electric F-15. Accurate aircraft lighting using “Daybright” LEDs, sequenced gear doors and landing light, aluminum landing gear struts with ample compression for operation on short grass or pavement, and metal trunnion retracts for durability. The aircraft also features highly detailed 30 piece plastic exhaust nozzles which rival the 3D detail level of RC turbine jets costing thousands of dollars, and an electric speed brake which works in conjunction with the flaps to stabilize that perfect scale landing approach. The elevator mounting and control hardware is reinforced to provide rigidity in high-G maneuvers. Each F-15C also uses over 100 waterslide decals, meticulously applied at the factory by hand to finish off the iconic look of an F-15C Eagle.
Beyond its outer scale fidelity, we optimized this F-15 for ease of use, making it a great choice for weekend flying. A single 90mm powers the aircraft for better efficiency versus a twin 70mm setup, and the bifurcated outlets are sized at 88% FSA total. The fiberglass nose cone easily detaches with magnets, and the wings can be removed for transport. In fact, the model assembles entirely with only 14 screws, and all surfaces can be removed for transport, repair, or replacement.
Intended as a "Scale Plus" flyer, the Freewing F-15C excels in scale maneuvers and stability throughout its flight envelope. The aircraft's wing and elevator use semi-scale airfoils, and at the middle throttle range the aircraft is "floaty." Compared to other 90mm jets, we would rank the F-15 as one of the more easy to fly. With speed brakes and flaps deployed, we clocked the F-15’s landing speed at 23mph, and we clocked an average top speed of 100mph in level flight. With mixed throttle, an Admiral 6s 5000 mAh 50c battery gives 3-4 minutes of flight.
Visit the Official Freewing 90mm F-15C Eagle Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Large scale electric ducted fan RC jet sporting an accurate USAF livery
- Powerful HET 4068-1835kV inrunner motor for maximum thrust
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing for realistic jet turbine-like sound
- Hobbywing 130 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 8A UBEC
- Electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation, CNC'd from 6061 aluminum and suitable for pavement or short grass
- Electric wormgear-driven air brake
- Sequenced gear doors provide added realism and reduced drag
- Removeable wings and flight surfaces, including a magnetic nose cone, for easy transport and compact storage
- Machine screws and brass threaded inserts are used to attach the wings for a secure fit and longevity
- Bright LED navigation lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers
- Carbon fiber wing spars and reinforced body parts
- Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball head connectors on elevators provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "slop"
- Nylon, gapless hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- All electronics and components are pre-installed for your convenience. Just plug in your receiver, your charged battery, and fly! (PNP only)
- Freewing F-15C Eagle Super Scale High Performance 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 7 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 7 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 7 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 7 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection (Six channels if the speed brake is mixed with the flaps, or seven channels if both functions are controlled independently).
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh 50c Lipo Battery with EC5 Connector - EPR50006
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
965mm / 37.9in
1450mm / 57.08in
3080g / 108.64oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||118mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
4068-1835kV Brushless Inrunner Motor (PNP High Performance Edition only)
Electronic Speed Control
130A ESC, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector (PNP only)
Propeller / EDF
90mm Metal Housing EDF with 12 Blade Fan (PNP only)
9g metal gear standard with 550mm lead: Nose gear door, nose steering
|Landing Gear||CNC electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation|
Main Wheels = 60mm tall, Nose Wheel = 45mm tall
6S 22.2V 5000mAh 50C LiPo (not included)
Minimum 7 Channel (required)
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- Freewing F-15 90mm Instruction Manual
- Freewing ESC Programming Manual
- Test Manual Download
- test manual 2 download
- September 23, 2015 - The optional weapons set shown in the photos is available separately and can be purchased from the spare parts tab above. The weapons set does add weight and lots of drag, which decreases the model's top speed by ~12-15 mph.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
- speed brake
The Bec is not great is factory defective had to be replaced. The hull is torn in some places and had to be repaired. Otherwise, a nice model
Just got this f-15.... absolutely love it! Great plane for the money for me it was a very good choice..
Bad aileron servo.
Had a bad aileron servo under load. So on maiden once you banked it into an aileron turn it wouldnt come out because only one wing had a working aileron. So on 3rd turn around i couldnt save it and it went it. And it was a struggle to fly the whole time. I have many edf's and this was the worst one i have ever flown. I have also flown other peoples at my club and this one i got was something wrong right out of the box... but it is beautiful. And motionrc does a great job with shipping ect.
Freewing F-15C High Performance
I purchased the F-15 because I have always thought the Eagle was an impressive aircraft. This is my second jet after buying an F-104 about 4 months ago. My experience with the F-104 was great but its was a challenge to get decent landings. I'm not sure if our field elevation of 2600 feet above sea level has anything to do with it. However the F-15 was easy to assemble and the aircraft was easily as stable without the gyro as the F-104 was with a gyro. I have noticed that there is a fair difference with speed with the F-104 faster. Fortunately the F-15 lands beautifully at a much slower speed. I'm already thinking of what to try next. Freewing makes a great product and the support from Motion has been first class.
I bought the Freewing B-24 and was super impressed by it's quality for its price so i dove into a FW F-15, not as nice but overall I'm happy. It's a little "tippy" in the air. and had to make new elevator control rods because they were short. Also the front of the fuse is a little loose, odd but ok. I see its removable for damage repair.
Freewing F-15 is Awesome!!
This F-15 looks and flies like the full scale model. I bought the weapons kit for it as well and boy does that add to the realism. The speed brake is also very helpful when slowing the plane down for landing. Also, there is a fine difference between too slow and too fast for landing as I have found. If you hit the sweet spot the plane touches down gently and rolls out very smooth. Overall a great plane with some of the best scale takeoffs ive ever seen!