Freewing F-16C Super Scale 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
Freewing F-16C Super Scale with 12 Blade 90mm EDF Jet - PNP - FJ30611P
The F-16C is a single-engine multirole fighter aircraft originally developed for the United States Air Force (USAF). Designed as an air superiority day fighter, it evolved into a successful all-weather multirole aircraft. The F-16C has an internal M61 Vulcan cannon and 11 locations for mounting weapons and other mission equipment. In addition to active duty U.S. Air Force, the aircraft is also used by the USAF aerial demonstration team, the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds.
We worked closely with Freewing in optimizing their all new 90mm F-16C model to do justice to this legendary aircraft. Freewing worked for over a year to design an F-16C that any RC pilot would be proud to own. Simply put, after 200+ test flights, we believe this is the best foam PNP scale F-16 in the world today. While F-16s are available in many sizes, Freewing's 90mm F-16C offers unique features not seen before in a foam F-16 such as scale operating landing gear CNC machined from durable 6061 aluminum, completely removable surfaces, and a pre-installed LED afterburner. Other scale details like a tinted canopy with plastic detailed cockpit, a complete navigation light package, and injection molded details like its "bird slicers" and accurate exhaust nozzle "turkey feathers" set this model apart from other F-16 models. The F-16C's included armament set also features a new detachment design. Thin plastic clips allow quick and convenient removal of the weapons from the pylons and the pylons from the wings; change your loadout easily in seconds.
The Plug and Play (PNP) version includes a powerful 1550kv outrunner motor and 130A ESC, and is designed for the common 6s 5000mah lipo battery size used in several other Freewing jets. A KIT+ version is also available for pilots who want to install their own power system. The model is designed for versatility, and for future upgradability it is designed to CG with two Admiral 4s 4000mah 40c batteries without any modification to the battery bay, if a pilot wants to install an 8s capable motor/fan/ESC.
Intended as a "Scale Plus" flyer, the Freewing F-16C excels in scale maneuvers like slow high alpha, tight banked turns, and stability throughout its flight envelope. It has a long glideslope considering its weight, and its landing attitude will be familiar to those who have flown the Freewing Stinger 90. The Freewing F-16C cruises at 50% throttle and we measured an average top speed of 90mph in level flight after a slight dive. With mixed throttle, an Admiral 6s 5000 mAh 50c battery gives 3-4 minutes of flight, like other Freewing 90mm jets. With its scale landing gear, lights, loadout and other details, the Freewing 90mm F-16C will be the gem of any RC pilot's foam jet fleet.
Visit the Official Freewing 90mm F-16 Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Model officially licensed by Lockheed Martin
- Large scale electronic ducted fan RC jet sporting an accurate 77th FS "Gamblers" livery
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with 3748-1550KV brushless outrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound (PNP only)
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing ensure AMA compliance (the fan blades themselves are NOT metal, so there are no flying restrictions - PNP only)
- Hobbywing 130 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 8A UBEC (PNP only)
- Electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation, CNC'd from 6061 aluminum and suitable for pavement or short grass
- Sequenced gear doors provide added realism and reduced drag
- Removeable wings, stabilators, vertical stabilizer, and nose cone for easy transport and compact storage
- Machine screws and brass threaded inserts are used to attach the wings for a secure fit and longevity
- Gap-less hinges on ailerons and rudder for scale appearance
- Bright LED navigation lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers
- Pre-installed LED afterburner
- Carbon fiber wing spars and reinforced body parts
- Easily removable SEAD loadout consisting of two AIM-9M Sidewinders, two AIM-120 AMRAAMs, two AGM-88 HARMs, and two drop tanks
- Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball head connectors on elevators provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "play"
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- All electronics and components are pre-installed for your convenience. Just plug in your receiver and battery, and fly! (PNP only)
- 5 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 5 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 5 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 5 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection If you wish to add flaperons you will need a 6th channel.
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh 50c Lipo Battery with EC5 Connector - EPR50006
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1023mm / 40.27in
1522mm / 59.92in
3550g / 125.22oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||118mm - 128mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
3748-1550kV Brushless Outrunner Motor with 3150g thrust (PNP only)
Electronic Speed Control
130A ESC, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector (PNP only)
Propeller / EDF
90mm Metal Housing EDF with 12 Blade Fan (PNP only)
9g metal gear standard with 300mm lead : left main gear door
|Landing Gear||CNC electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation|
6S 22.2V 5000mAh 50C LiPo with EC5 connector (not included)
Minimum 5-6 Channel (required)
|Build Time||1 Hour|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- April 8, 2017 - If you wish to convert your Freewing 90mm F-16 to an 8S setup, this model is designed to CG with two Admiral 4s 4000mah 40c batteries without any modification to the battery bay.
- April 8, 2017 - The models with the Thunderbirds livery have no armament included.
- April 8, 2017 - The ARF+ versions are geared towards pilots who want to install their own power system. The model is designed for versatility, and for future upgradability it is designed to CG with two Admiral 4s 4000mah 40c batteries without any modification to the battery bay, if a pilot wants to install an 8s capable motor/fan/ESC. Everything is installed minus the EDF/motor and ESC.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
- landing gear
Very good full option machine with electric landing gear, lights and incredible sound engine.
Great for sitting on the bench
Plane looks great. Unfortunately, I have had a lot of trouble with getting it to fly. I had to send multiple parts back to Motion and it is still not ready to fly. For the amount of hassle, this jet has not been worth it for me. Be careful on grass that is not groomed and pounded because it will tear up the landing gear.
Freewing = weak landing gear
Everybody has said it before me, looks, flying, the whole nine yards this plane is really good. But the one thing I have noticed is all free wing aircraft 80 mm or bigger have week landing gears just like this one. I also have the 80 mm A-10 Thunderbolt. Yes you guessed it also week landing gear. Metal gear is strong it's the cheap plastic pieces it's attached to that are weak and fragile. With this aircraft I have had lots and lots of near perfect Landings, because I only fly when there's hardly any wind and only sunny days. Still the gear seems to break or crack under pressure. Too much weight on metal gear attach to foam, that is not a good recipe for success. All I own now is 70 mm jets with metal gears and no issues.
Only a few things left to do :)
Hi altogether, the F-16 is really impressive in its appearance. Although Freewing has made a lot of things right with this jet I would have liked to see a more stable support for the metal landing gear struts since this seems to be the weekest part during hard landings. Moreover, the CG seems to be very optimistic for values above 120 mm. Once in the air, the F-16 is really fun and its scale appearance is really awesome. However, one or two more paintings would have been fine, this is why I have painted mine in the Belgian Air Force Solo Display livery of the 2012 season.
Hi all together, I was really impressed after open the box what have found there. The "Super" is for all aspects: super finish, super installed RC parts, super retracting gears, super... I am already waiting for good weather for having the first flight.
Super scale excellence!
This model was everything I could have hoped for from the fast shipping to the excellent packaging. Set up was simple and straight forward. The scale detail was outstanding and I couldn't be happier with this model. It wont be my last purchase from Motion!
Cheers fantastic guys to deal
Cheers fantastic guys to deal with
Out of 19 Freewing jets, i can say for sure, this is the most impressive. Has amazing detail. Build is relatively straight foward. I added small magnets to the smaller "Stinger" missles to hold the tips closer to the rails as it looked like they would have broken off under full speed. Other than waiting for the guts to maiden,i am very pleased.