Freewing T-45 Goshawk Super Scale 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
Freewing T-45 Goshawk Super Scale with 12 Blade 90mm EDF Jet - PNP - FJ30711P
The T-45 Goshawk is a fully carrier-capable version of the British Aerospace Hawk Mk.60. It was developed as a jet flight trainer for the US Navy and Marine Corps. The Goshawk's origins began in the mid-1970s, when the Navy began looking for replacement for its T-2 and TA-4 trainers. British Aerospace and McDonnell Douglas proposed a version of the Hawk and were awarded the T-45 contract in 1981. The Goshawk first flew in 1988 and became operational in 1991.
Many RC models of the T-45 have been produced over the years due to the aircraft's great looks and superb handling. After 150+ test flights, we believe this is the best foam RC PNP scale T-45 Goshawk in the world today. The Freewing T-45 sets itself apart from the competition with numerous scale details and innovative features such as servo actuated speed brakes and plastic wormgear-driven slats. These slats are the first production release of a proper slat in a foam model of any size, and use aluminum tracks to ensure proper extension geometry. Other plastic details include a row of turbulators on the wings, exhaust nozzle, pitot tubes, antennas, arrestor hook, and cockpit parts. The sequenced landing gear utilize a four part nose door like the real T-45 and a three part main door assembly. The struts replicate the stance of the T-45, complete with long travel trailing link mains and a nose strut with tow bar and landing light. All control surfaces, lights, and doors are managed by a single junction board complete with quick disconnect wing harnesses, providing a very tidy cockpit. Say goodbye to unsightly jumbles of wires in your battery bay!
Intended as a "Scale Plus" flyer, the Freewing T-45 Goshawk excels in scale maneuvers and stability throughout its flight envelope. The Freewing T-45's climb rate, roll rate, top speed, and overall agility are virtually identical to the Freewing Stinger 90 jet. With speed brakes, flaps, and slats deployed, the T-45 can land at a slow jogging pace and is the most stable of all Freewing's large jets in the landing pattern. The T-45 cruises at 50% throttle and we measured an average top speed of 90mph. With its scale landing gear, lights, and other details, the Freewing 90mm T-45 Goshawk will be the gem of any RC pilot's jet fleet and offers pilots an easier flight experience compared to similar jets in this size.
This Plug and Play (PNP) version includes a powerful 1650kv outrunner motor and 130A ESC, and is designed for the common 6s 5000mah lipo battery size used in several other Freewing jets. The model is designed for versatility, and can also CG with 8s or 10s power systems, providing pilots with a widely upgradable platform in a high scale fidelity package.
Visit the Official Freewing 90mm T-45 Goshawk Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Large scale electric ducted fan RC jet with scale US Navy livery
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with 3748-1650KV brushless outrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing ensure AMA compliance
- Hobbywing 130 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 8A UBEC
- Electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation, CNC'd from 6061 aluminum and suitable for pavement or short grass
- Electric wormgear-driven Slats
- Servo operated Speed Brakes
- Sequenced gear doors provide added realism and reduced drag
- Integrated Junction Board to consolidate all wiring
- Removeable wings and flight surfaces, including a magnetic nose cone, for easy transport and compact storage
- Machine screws and brass threaded inserts are used to attach the wings for a secure fit and longevity
- Bright LED navigation lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers
- Carbon fiber wing spars and reinforced body parts
- Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball head connectors on elevators provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "slop"
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- All electronics and components are pre-installed for your convenience. Just plug in your receiver and battery, and fly! (PNP only)
- Freewing T-45 Goshawk Super Scale 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 7 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 7 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 7 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 7 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection (Fully independent operation requires 9 channels, but 8 channels is possible with Slats and Flaps harnessed together which we recommend)
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 to 6000 mAh LiPo battery with EC5 connector - we recommend the Admiral Pro 6 Cell 6000 mAh LiPo with EC5 connector
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1138mm / 44.8in
1435mm / 56.5in
3600g / 127oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||See Instruction Manual|
3748-1650kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
130A ESC, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector (PNP only)
Propeller / EDF
90mm Metal Housing EDF with 12 Blade Fan (PNP only)
9g metal gear standard with 550mm lead: Left airbrake, nose gear door, rear cabin door, nose steering
|Landing Gear||CNC electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation|
Main Wheels = 60mm tall, Nose Wheel = 45mm tall
6S 22.2V 5000-6000mAh 50C LiPo (not included)
Minimum 7 Channel (required)
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
Since i had just flown the new Fflite f4f Phantom and already having 6 fms edf's in my collection I was eager to get possession of this model. On assembling the T45 I found a fault with the rudder which I corrected by connecting it directly to the receiver. I brought the model to a quiet beach to maiden it. After completing some safety checks I completed some slow and fast taxy runs. All seemed ok so I put a fresh Lipo in and took off. The plane rotated and setteled and everything seemed ok until I put it into a fast run into wind ant it put its nose down and hit the Sea at high speed. I could not retrieve it as the tide was ebbing and the wind was off shore. I suspect faulty electronics. Thanking you for your interest but I cannot complete the review. I do hope that this was a once off occurrence. I have flown the 63 inch Spitfire with great success and enjoyment but the T45 has taken the pleasure out of it. I have been flying models since Kiel Kraft days and RC since 1982 so I take good with not so good.
T-45 Goshawk needs lot of power so the fligt time is short.
Modello semplicemente bellissimo e tecnicamente perfetto !
Modello semplicemente bellissimo e tecnicamente perfetto !
After a few mishaps, I finally figured it out. all you need is an HRB or YOWOO 6000mah 6s 100c graphene Lipo. I'm new to this hobby and I swear I can fly this bird really well. There has been a complain at the field that this plane will crash due to its tendency to roll over during take off. in fact he gave up on this bird after his 4th one. This is my first one and I'm loving it. No flaps or slats during take off just pure good Lipo battery and this bird is real smooth. I would buy this plane again in a heart beat if I lost this one.
I was reluctant to buy due to several reviews stating instability at low speeds. Not true at all. I manually adjusted both ailerons 3 mm up to increase washout. This is by far the most exciting plane from the Freewing line. I own the 8S F-4 Phantom, 90 mm F-22, Avanti, 80mm F-86, 90 mm Stinger, and several of their 70 mm jets. This one flies great, sounds great, it’s fast enough, and simply looks awesome. Take off with slats and half flaps. Land with slats and full flaps. I get 4 minutes with Turnigy Heavy Duty 6S 5000 60C. I can keep on with all positive comments. The only down side is short flight duration. But that’s the same with most refs. Bottom line is go ahead and purchase one. You will love it!
A very good product freewing produce great value for money quite an accurate representation of a gos hawk the only problem is running it on 6s, high amps, low thrust a different fan motor combo on 12s would improve things overall very happy with this product Marty Perth Australia
first, staff at motion rc are a class act. this plane flies and lands like a trainer. i give it 20/10
Love it. High quality product with excellent customer service from Motion RC.
Great Jet and I will buy more Jets from your store.