FlightLine RC Hawker Sea Fury 1200mm (47") Wingspan - PNP
FlightLine RC Hawker Sea Fury 1200mm (47") Wingspan - PNP - FLW01P
The Hawker Sea Fury was the last piston engine driven carrier based fighter in British history. Although the Sea Fury did not participate in the Second World War, the aircraft earned distinction operating from British and Australian carriers during the Korean War where its performance and resilience earned the Sea Fury its place in aviation history. The Sea Fury also served across the world in the service of Australia, Canada, the Netherlands, Burma, West Germany, and many other nations. Following its retirement from military service, the Sea Fury continues to amaze audiences in racing competitions and air shows worldwide.
FlightLine RC presents its Hawker Sea Fury FB.11 in the livery of a VX730/109/K of the 805 NAS, Korea 1951. Constructed using EPO foam, this model uses carbon tubes and plastic parts to reinforce the removable wings and control surfaces. Screws allow the wing and elevator to be easily removed. The four panel split flaps are reinforced with lite plywood, and the fuel tanks can be glued on at the owner's discretion. To maximize performance efficiency, FlightLine RC's Sea Fury features a four bladed propeller and 580kv motor to achieve satisfying scale performance at 135kph/83mph speeds. An optional two bladed power system (sold separately) can be purchased to reach 150kph/93mph level speeds on the same 4s 14.8v battery.
- Removable main wing/elevator for easy transport
- High power motor for speeds up to 135kph/83mph
- Intuitive internal structural design for optimized cooling of all electronics in the fuselage from the nose to the tail
- Large cabin space for easy placement of the battery and radio equipment
- Built-in flat spot near the CG for optimal placement of a gyro (optional, sold separately)
- Improved spinner and propeller mounting design to enable better balance
- Optional upgrade complete nylon hinge set included in each box for free
- Tall foam rubber 65mm diameter main wheels and additional forward rake angle for operating on short grass runways
- Electric retractable landing gear with metal trunions, metal reinforcement plate and 4mm steel wire struts
- Optional two bladed propeller Sport Power System (sold separately) to achieve speeds up to 155kph/96mph
- FlightLine RC Hawker Sea Fury 1200mm (47") Wingspan - (PNP)
- Motor, ESC, servos and retracts pre-assembled
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 4 Cell 14.8V 3600mAh to 4000mAh LiPo battery with T Connector – We recommend the Admiral 4 Cell 14.8V 4000mAh LiPo battery
- 4 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
1200mm / 47in
1085mm / 42.7in
1550g / 54oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||80mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
3748-580Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor (Stock scale power system)
Electronic Speed Control
60A Brushless with T connector
Propeller / EDF
12x7 4 Blade Propeller / 12x8 2 Blade Propeller High Performance Version (optional)
9g standard with 550mm lead: left aileron, right aileron
|Landing Gear||Electric retracts with metal trunions|
4 Cell 14.8V 3600mAh to 4000mAh LiPo battery with T Connector
6+ Channel 2.4GHz
Foam hinges except nylon hinges on flaps
|Build Time||2 Hours|
|Recommended Environment||Outdoor, minimum 200 foot runway, pavement recommended, less than 1" tall smooth grass|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- March 9, 2017 - There is an optional two bladed propeller Sport Power System (sold separately) to achieve speeds up to 155kph/96mph. This Sport Power System includes: 3648-880kV motor, 12x8 2 blade propeller, and 2 bladed spinner. This Sport Power System is suitable for all 1100-1200mm wingspan warbirds from the FlightLine RC brand. Click the upgrades tab above for more info.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
- Reviews (26)
- Questions (1)
Smooth Sea Fury
As I looked at the box while opening, I liked the looks of the 'invasion' stripes. But then thought "Oh, I bet those stripe decals will be a pain to get straight and flush at the ends." GOOD NEWS! They are painted on! So, they will never lift and peal off like a decal. In fact, I was very impressed that all of the decals are already installed and they look great! They suggested using an iron on mild temperature to help seal down the roundels. I think this helped a lot. The build went well, and the flying went better! It is a very smooth flying plane and it rolls beautifully. The flaps work very well, and if you keep some power in it, you can fly the wheels to the deck for a sweet / smooth landing. Keep it straight until it slows down, then the wider stance landing gear helps it handle quite well. Others had mentioned putting 4 oz. of lead in the nose. I did the same right off. This works out well, but in hindsight perhaps I might have been OK with a tiny bit less. But, this ballast does contribute to nice stable flying. I balanced the prop assembly before putting it on the plane. Then noticed as the motor turned slowly that the big old spinner is just a tiny bit off center. I hope this does not lead to problems. At moderate speed I can hear a mild buzz. At high throttle settings, it sounds off a bit! So far: I love it!
Once I had the control throws where they needed to be, she was a different animal. Good head of speed and goes where she's pointed. 2 small niggles, one, the prop nut wasn't threaded on the inside. An easy miss and Motion had one at my door 2 days later. Two, the right aileron servo developed infant mortality and had to be replaced after the second flight.Again, not that big of a deal as I had a spare ready to go.
Looks good on the box!
Will need to back track my enthusiasm to start with s more suitable learner plane, while I drool over the Sea Fury. Neil
Flightline Hawker Sea Fury
Excellent plane, details and workmanship. Just wish it had the 5 blade Rotol propeller it was so noted for. 4 blades will do, as many now have them installed.
Flown two flights on it now and it's great added 1 I don't wait to the nose on a 3000 Cell battery i'm getting a solid five minute flight and really enjoying the details on these foam planes keep getting better and better Motion RC really knocked it out of the park with this one I've always wanted to see fury and this one definitely fits the bill if you've been looking at it go on and get it you'll be in love
Hawker Sea Fury
Excellent, had to add 4 oz. of nose weight to get the suggested C of G. Flew hands off on maiden .
Built mine and maidened it the next day. To be honest I was a bit nervous prior to take off. Once in the air all my worries left. This plane is so rock solid in the air. Like it's on rails. The landing was soft as a feather. I suprised the heck out of myself. As for looks this is as much a winner on the ground as in the air. As with other reviewers I have to put 4oz in weight in the nose for correct balance. The plane can handle the extra weight easily. A definate winner.
best sea fury on the market
Clearly the most scale sea fury on the market . with a 4000, 4s it will fly for almost 10 min. the flaps are unusual being two segments linked to one servo. rock solid in the air and easy to fly .only mods were adding 1.5 ounce of weight inside the cowling and adding dave brown foams with e-flight 1.2m spitfire rims made it handle better on the ground but was just for better looks really . excellent product for the price . it would be nice if they would offer a five blade spinner and lower pitch props . the wing top skin finish was not perfect but no big deal