FMS A6M5 Zero Green 1100mm (43") Wingspan - PNP
FMS A6M5 Zero Green 1100mm (43") Wingspan - PNP - FMS082P
Ask any of our "warbird aficionados" on staff and they will say that you would be hard-pressed to find a better all around flying RC foam warbird other than the Zero. Modeled after the famed WWII Japanese Mitsubishi "Zero", this scale 1100mm wingspan warbird from FMS is a sight to behold. Reinforced wing surfaces allow flyers to perform advanced maneuvers like point rolls, barrel rolls, Immelmanns, half Cubans and split S with ease. Retractable landing gear, landing gear doors, drop tank, 3 bladed prop and spinner, and split plastic flaps all add to the realism of this incredible model. This plane has the power, detailed features, and durability that discerning flyers will appreciate. If you like Japanese fighters, this is a great choice.
- Super scale appearance including landing gear doors, hand-painted pilot, 3-blade prop, authentic graphics and removable drop tanks
- Quick assembly using included screwdriver
- Manufactured from durable EPO foam
- Easy to remove one piece wing
- Full length carbon fiber reinforced wing for durability
- Plastic moulded details include cowling, split flap, air scoop, oil cooler, machine guns, strut covers, antenna mast and pitot tube
- Worm drive electronic retracts
- Slow scale speed flap actuation for scale takeoffs and landings
- FMS A6M5 Zero Green 1100mm (43") - PNP
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 3 Cell 11.1V 2200 mAh Lipo Battery with XT60 connector - we recommend the Admiral 2200mAh 3S 11.1V 35C LiPo Battery with XT60 Connector
- 3 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 3 cell (3S) charger from our Charger Collection
1100mm / 43.3in
845mm / 33.3n
40A ESC with XT60 Connector
Propeller / EDF
10.5" x 7" Three Blade Propeller
4x 9g standard : left aileron, right aileron, elevator, rudder
3 Cell 11.1V 2200 mAh Lipo Battery with XT60 connector (required)
6 Channel (required)
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
Love it will buy more
FMS A6M5 ZERO Green 1100mm
Take offs are a challenge, but once airborne this plane flies really well and looks great in the air. Use low rates at first to get a feel for it. Fun Plane!
Overall not a bad plane. Quality was good out of the box. Only real issues were cosmetic. Decals on the tail weren't set very well and had bubbles in them. Control horns on the wings were tightened too far and compressed into the foam. Tail wheel screw was too short to secure the tail wheel. I fixed that by taking an extra control horn screw I had laying around and running it through then cutting the extra length off. Nice and secure now without being too tight and pinching the wheel. As for the build, other than the tail wheel, be careful when attaching the wings. The rear attach points are not solid. If you tighten the screws too far it starts to crush the foam and pulls the plastic ring through the foam. Voice of experience talking here. Now for the bad news. This was my first warbird and I probably was not ready for the aggressive flight control setup. First take-off resulted in an over controlled pitch up then over correction down and right. Ended up with a broken wing and prop. I feel that the manufacturer suggestion for surface throw was too aggressive for a novice user. Might want to cut them down about half of what is recommended for low rate and then use the recommended low settings for your high rates until you get a feel for it. Live and learn. Pilot error all the way.
Very fun airplane!
Flies smooth as if on rails with my admiral 6CH receiver (no gyro). Small complaints about gear doors folding up in airflow sometimes not allowing retracts to fully raise, and a somewhat delicate finish, but not a flight problem, purely aesthetic. I have chased a buddy of mine around in his 3S corsair, and I out turn him every time. Gotta be careful this plane is more than maneuverable, almost not good for itself how tight it can turn. Flaps need some mixing (typical guy hasn't read manual, probably won't, probably would have told me that).
What a GREAT plane...fit and finish is OUTSTANDING!! Flys great! no bad habits. Pilots if you want a Zero...HERE IT IS!
1100 mm A6M5 Zero
Nice ARF, easy to assemble. Will maiden soon.
Fms 1100mm Zero
Awesome looking plane assembly was very easy. Haven't flown it yet due to the season but if it flys as good as it looks I will be a happy pilot.
Amazing plane; flies great!
Amazing plane; flies great!