Blade 350 QX3 Quadcopter with SAFE™ Technology - AP Combo - RTF
This product is discontinued
Spare parts available below
Blade 350 QX3 Quadcopter with SAFE™ Technology - AP Combo - Ready-To-Fly (RTF) - BLH8160
While the Blade 350 QX3 AP Combo can go head to head with the leading Chinese brand quads on features, the Blade QX3 beats out the brand from China on support and price. Considering the price tag of these expensive quads, we highly recommend the Blade 350 QX3 not only for the plethora of features but we also recommend it for the excellent USA manufacturer support and warranty. You get the features you would expect like GPS hold, 3 axis gimbal, and a 1080p / 60fps camera but you also get SAFE technology to help you fly and film like an expert. Unlike some brands, you will not have a "fly away" with this quad. The Blade 350 QX3 will not allow you to take off unless everything is properly initialized and the GPS is locked onto satellites. If you’re looking for an easy way to jump into the exciting world of RC camera drones, the Blade 350 QX3 AP Combo has everything you need in one box.SAFE Technology Makes You Look Like a Pro
What makes the Blade 350 QX3 such a great camera platform? Advanced SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology. Using this technology, the Blade 350 QX3 gives you two flight modes that have been specially programmed for capturing aerial video and images. Both feature self-leveling and use GPS and altitude sensors to precisely hold position in a hover. SAFE technology will even land the aircraft for you if you activate the Return Home function.
- Smart Mode - Perfect for first-time drone flyers. In Smart Mode, the 350 QX3 will always fly in whatever direction the control stick is pushed. This is called Stick Relativity. It doesn’t matter which way the nose is pointed. If you move the control stick to the right, even if the aircraft is spinning, it will fly to the right. Smart Mode also creates a SAFE Circle™ barrier that prevents the aircraft from flying too close to the pilot.
- AP (Aerial Photography) Mode - For more experienced drone pilots. In this mode, the Blade 350 QX3 responds to control inputs like a conventional RC aircraft without Stick Relativity. It also gives the pilot more control authority by turning off the SAFE Circle and allowing steeper bank and pitch angles. This makes it possible to get faster panning and tracking shots when you’re shooting high-energy, action video.
- Return Home - This safety feature can be activated at any time with the flip of a switch. When activated, the Blade 350 QX3 will automatically fly itself back to the place its motors were first started and land without any help from the pilot. It’s great for first-time flyers who aren’t quite ready to land the aircraft themselves. It’s also handy if you temporarily lose sight of your 350 QX3 while chasing down the perfect shot. Just activate Return Home until you regain visual contact and then turn it off to resume control. If for whatever reason the transmitter signal is lost, Return Home will take over and fly the 350 QX3 back to you until it lands or the signal is restored.
Intuitive Programming Interface
The free PC programming interface makes monitoring systems, adjusting settings and calibrating sensors as easy as point and click. It features four screens.
Sensor Information Screen
- See status of all sensors and speed controls at a glance
- Check battery voltage and accelerometer operation
- One-click calibration of accelerometers and camera gimbal
- Instructions for calibrating compass sensor and DX4 transmitter
- Adjust geo-referenced flight boundaries
- See number of available satellites and signal strength
- Verify latitude, longitude and altitude indications
- Verify GPS accuracy
Device Information Screen
- See programming software version
- See quad firmware version and vehicle ID
- Update firmware
Adjustable Flight Boundaries
As an added safety feature, the Blade 350 QX3 operates within geo-referenced flight boundaries that you define. Out of the box, its boundaries are set at 100 meters from and 50 meters above the point where the motors were started. You can adjust these boundaries using the programming interface.
Distance Boundary Range
20 m (Approx. 65 ft) out to 2500 m (Approx. 1 miles)
Height Boundary Range
20 m (Approx. 65 ft.) up to 1000 m (Approx. 3,280 ft.)
Blade CGO2 GB 3-Axis Stabilized Camera
The included CGO2 GB combines a 16 megapixel, 1080p/60 camera and a 3-axis brushless gimbal into a single unit that captures smooth, steady aerial video and still images in brilliant detail. It also features a built-in 5.8GHz Wi-Fi link that lets you control the camera and see live streaming video using a compatible iOS or Android mobile device. All you need is the free CGO2 app, available at Google Play and iTunes app stores.
A Gimbal Control switch on the included DX4 transmitter lets you use the throttle stick to tilt the CGO2 GB camera up or down. You can use this control to make quick adjustments in flight or larger adjustments on the ground with the motors off. If you switch to Gimbal Control in flight, the 350 QX3 will suspend throttle control for 5-seconds and hold altitude while you make your adjustment. After 5-seconds throttle control will return to the throttle stick. If you need to make further adjustments in flight, simply cycle the switch from Aircraft Control to Gimbal Control again.
You can also engage Gimbal Control on the ground with the motors off. With the motors off, there is no time limit on Gimbal Control. This is a great way to make large camera tilt adjustments and test the Gimbal Control function before you fly.
Includes an Easy-to-Use DX4 Transmitter
The DX4 is a full-range transmitter that uses the same Spektrum™ DSMX 2.4GHz technology preferred by RC experts the world over. This advanced signal processing technology provides superb range and interference protection, especially in ‘noisy’ environments where a lot of 2.4GHz systems are in use at the same time.
The DX4 also features spring-loaded control sticks that make the Blade 350 QX3 incredibly easy to fly. For instance, when using the throttle stick, instead of having to hunt for the right power setting when entering a hover, just climb or descend to the altitude you want and let go of the stick. The 350 QX3 will automatically hold altitude when the throttle stick snaps back to neutral. The same goes for the other controls. Once you have the aircraft where you want it, just let go of the sticks. With the sticks at neutral, SAFE technology will stabilize the 350 QX3 and hold position until you are ready to fly somewhere else.
Includes Flight Battery and Charger
Along with the transmitter, the 350 QX3 AP Combo includes a long lasting 3000mAh Li-Po flight battery and a DC Li-Po charger with an AC adapter. Extra flight batteries are available so you can enjoy more flying time between charges.
Add the Blade CGO2 GB: The Complete Aerial Video Upgrade
The Blade CGO2 GB (BLH8110 - sold separately) is the perfect upgrade for your Blade 350 QX3. It combines a 16 megapixel, 1080p/60 camera and a 3-axis brushless gimbal into a single unit that installs in minutes. With the CGO2 GB you will be able to capture smooth, steady aerial video and still images in brilliant detail. You can also stream live video to a compatible iOS or Android mobile device via the built-in 5.8GHz Wi-Fi link. Requires tall landing gear set (BLH7815TGA – sold separately).
- Captures smooth, steady aerial video in brilliant high definition
- Includes everything in one box
- Easy to fly – no experience necessary
- 10 - 15 minute flight times
- Mast-mounted GPS antenna for improved GPS performance
- 5.8GHz Wi-Fi link for compatible iOS and Android devices
- Advanced SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology
- Smart Flight Mode – SAFE Circle™ barrier, stick relative control response and GPS/Altitude hold
- AP Flight Mode – faster panning and tracking response with GPS/Altitude hold
- Return Home function – aircraft returns to start up point and lands on its own
- Blade 350 QX3 Quadcopter with SAFE™ technology - (RTF)
- Blade CGO2 GB 16MP 1080p/60 camera with integrated 3-axis brushless gimbal
- Micro SD card for camera
- E-flite 3 Cell 3000mAh 11.1V Li-Po Flight Battery
- Spektrum™ DX4 Transmitter with mobile device mount
- E-flite DC Li-Po Battery Charger with AC Adapter
- Four AA Transmitter Batteries
Nothing! Everything you need to fly is included.
E-flite 3 Cell 3000mAh 11.1V Li-Po Flight Battery - EFLB30003S30
Main Rotor Diameter
22.8in / 580mm
Tail Rotor Diameter
18.3in / 465mm
18.3in / 465mm
7.48in / 190mm
Rotor Blade Length
8.27in / 210mm
33.7oz / 955g
Main Gear Ratio
Approximate Flight Time
Spektrum™ DX4 Transmitter (included)
3 Cell 3000mAh 11.1V Li-Po Battery (included)