Dynam PBY Catalina Blue 1470mm (57") Wingspan - PNP
Dynam PBY Catalina Blue 1470mm (57") Wingspan - PNP - DY8943P-BLUE
The Consolidated PBY Catalina was an American flying boat, and later an amphibious aircraft of the 1930s and 1940s produced by Consolidated Aircraft. It was one of the most widely used seaplanes of World War II. Catalinas served with every branch of the United States Armed Forces and in the air forces and navies of many other nations.
During World War II, PBYs were used in anti-submarine warfare, patrol bombing, convoy escorts, search and rescue missions (especially air-sea rescue), and cargo transport. The PBY was the most numerous aircraft of its kind and the last active military PBYs were not retired from service until the 1980s. Even today, nearly 80 years after its first flight, the aircraft continues to fly as a waterbomber (or airtanker) in aerial firefighting operations all over the world.
Months of flight testing and design from Dynam yield an aircraft that is very stable and capable of maintaining flight at slow speeds that allow novices to master flight mechanics with ease. High quality scale detail and a nice large 1.4m wingspan make this an attention-grabbing model. Made from a high strength EPO-foam for added durability. Powered by twin 1100KV electric brushless motors, all you need is a 4 channel radio, 4 channel receiver and 3S 11.1V 2200-3000 mAh Li-Po battery and you're ready for water-based sorties and patrols!
- Realistic scale features including attractive PBY Catalina blue rescue paint scheme, hand painted pilot figure, pontoons and molded panel lines
- Powerful twin BM2815A-KV1100 Brushless Outrunner motors
- LED navigation lights add scale realism and help make the plane more visible during dawn and dusk flights
- Dynam PBY Catalina Blue 1470mm (57") Wingspan - Receiver Ready
- ESCs with T connector. servos and motors come pre-installed for your convenience
- Decal set
- Minimum 4 Channel Radio - Click Here for recommendations
- 4 Channel Receiver - Click Here for recommendations
- 3 Cell 11.1V 2200-3000 mAh LiPo Battery with T connector - EPR26003
- Lipo Battery Charger - Click Here for recommendations
Tech Note: You have to solder on your own connector in order to Y-harness the lights into another channel or nearby servo.
1470mm / 57.8in
940mm / 37in
1300g / 45.9oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||80 - 85mm from the leading edge at the wing root|
2x BM2815A-KV1100 Brushless Outrunner motor
Electronic Speed Control
2x 30A Brushless with T connector
Propeller / EDF
2x 3-Blade Prop
4x 9g standard
3S 11.1V 2200mAh 20C LiPo (required)
4 Channel (required)
|Build Time||2-3 Hours|
Product Spare Parts