Dynam Turbo Jet Yellow V2 Twin 64mm EDF Jet - PNP
- Clearance items are NEW merchandise in factory sealed boxes.
- Because of their deeply discounted prices, all Motion RC clearance items are sold “AS IS” and cannot be returned or exchanged under any circumstance.
- Clearance merchandise DOES NOT have a warranty. The buyer is responsible for any problems or repairs after purchase.
Dynam 550 Turbo Jet Yellow Twin V2 64mm EDF Jet 1180mm (46") Wingspan with Electronic Retracts and Flaps - PNP - DY8937PNP-YELLOW
This is the new and improved version (V2) of the Dynam Turbojet. This new version now includes a Tomcat Skylord 40 Amp ESC, pre-installed flaps, pre-installed flap servos and redesigned long-life electronic retracts. Dynam Turbojet is modeled after the famous Citation II Model 550, which was a direct development from the Citation I. The earlier aircraft's success in the market led the manufacturer to believe there was demand for a larger aircraft that utilized the same design philosophy. The result was the Citation II, which had a maximum seating capacity of 10. In addition to more seats, the plane had more powerful JT15D-4 engines (2,500 lbf (11 kN) thrust per engine), increase of fuel capacity to approximately 5000 lbs, faster speeds and longer range. Dynam's 550 Turbo Jet Twin 64mm EDF PNP is virtually ready to fly! All you need is a 4 channel radio, 4 channel receiver and 3S 11.1V 2200 mAh Li-Po battery and you're ready to fly this scale business jet!
Visit the Official Dynam Turbo Jet Twin Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- NEW! Tomcat Skylord 40 Amp ESCs with XT60 connector
- NEW! Completely redesigned electronic retracts with new SMT soldered circuit board and long-life drive system for improved reliability and durability
- NEW! Flaps and flap servos are now pre-installed and fully operational
- Realistic scale features including attractive 550 Turbo Jet graphics package, simulated de-icing boots and molded panel lines
- Powerful BM2815D-KV3600X Twin EDF motors and 64mm electronic ducted fan units
- Dynam 550 Turbo Jet Yellow Twin 64mm EDF Jet 1180mm (46") Wingspan - Receiver Ready
- ESCs with XT60 connector, servos, electronic retracts, and EDFs pre-installed for your convenience
- Decal set
- 6 Channel radio - select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel receiver - select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 3 Cell 11.1V 2200 mAh LiPo Battery with XT60 connector - EPR22003PROX6
- 3 Cell Compatible battery charger - select a minimum 3 cell (3S) charger from our Charger Collection
1180mm / 46in
1080mm / 42.51in
1150g / 40.56oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||55 - 60mm from the leading edge at the wing root|
2x BM2815D-KV3600X EDF Motors
Electronic Speed Control
2x 40A Brushless with XT60 connector
Propeller / EDF
2x 64mm EDF
4x 9g standard
|Landing Gear||Servoless E-retracts|
3S 11.1V 2200mAh 20C LiPo (required)
6+ Channel (required)
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- April 13, 2017 - Some versions (RTF) may not come with flaps so if you would like to add flaps you will need the Dynam 9 gram positive servo for the left flap and the Dynam 9 gram reverse servo for the right flap.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
citation II yellow
tail feather control rods for left elevator and rudder were on the wrong side and needed to be reinstalled and switched to opposite servos. control rods for the flaps were binding on the hinges and needed rebending to prevent servo loading. one elevator control horn broke for no apparent reason and a new set was ordered. can,t fly until it comes. overall, a nice looking model and won't be a problem for most modellers to assemble. Bob Arata, Suffolk Falcons, Long Island,N.Y.
Arrived in excellent condition,still needed the flap servos in which Motion RC supplied very quickly. This jet flys very nicely, takes off in much shorter space then I expected. I do recommend this plane to anyone with some jet flying skills.
really good model
Nice plane for less money
The qualitiy of the plane is like the other older dynam models. okay, fms flightline rc and eflite have better quality but for the money really okay.
Nice looking model but.....
Like many Dynam product, I also found with this plane some QC issues. The right engine was working intermittent (or not work at all) and some times it would start without any input from the TX. After many test and trials, I finally found it was a bad ESC; I'm so glad I found this problem before going in the air..... Now, both ESCs are going to be replaced with FMS ones!. Also, one of the retracts was not deploying. The problem is a sticky grease the covers the two micro-switches inside the retract on the electric board. OPEN the darn thing and clear that grease from there with a little WD-40 or you would regretted whenever you decide to land
I can't give it a 5 star because of the right motor is not engaging all the way! It's got like a miss or something in it! Haven't gotten to fly yet scared their might be a issue in the air! So if you could email me back so we can get this taken care of soon as possible
We regret that you have had a negative experience with a Motion RC product or service. Please contact our customer service team so that we can help to resolve your issue. You can call, chat or email us by going to https://www.motionrc.com/pages/contact
like someone said the wing needs a spar , I was flying and it was going great but all of sudden the wing just broke in half two inches from the fuse. my xmas gift is no more, I guess a weak spot in the wing that's for sure. if my wife bus me another one I sure will beef the wing. otherwise I loved it.
This could have been SO good.
This basic plane could have been so very good if the factory had not "cheapened out". Wing design not good - needs some kind of a spar - I used an arrow. Throw the supplied glue away - its like cheap rubber cement. Dont trust any servo mount - redo them properly to hold. I had to disassemble the fan section and reglue as it was 09arating. Battery recommended is not sufficient - heavier balances better also. Instructions are worse than useless - bad pictures, some instructions not needed. Do not buy this plane unless you have assembled several first - look on this as a starting carcass to repair to a beautiful aircraft.
A real blast --- BUT
Jet is one of the better foam jets we've had at the field. Takes off fairly easily from a not so smooth grass runway, and the landing gear stands up to landings well. Instructions called for a 3C battery on which it flies OK. When changed to a 4C battery it comes alive and is a real blast to fly. 20-30 flights in an no problems with the higher C rating BUT a couple of problems have come up. The wing has no spar, and after 20 flight or so we started to notice cracks in the wing around the wheel well. Buddy lost his plane when the wing folded up in flight. So I reamed out a groove on my wing for carbon spar and had no further problem. That is until the elev servo came lose in flight - augered in due to lack of elevator. My suggestion is to drill for an install a spar when building, and add extra glue to the mounted servos.