E-flite Apprentice S 15e with SAFE 1500mm (59") Wingspan - RTF
E-flite Apprentice RTF S 15e Trainer with SAFE Flight Assist Technology - Ready to Fly (RTF) - EFL3100E
Note: As of July 2016 this new version of the Apprentice includes an upgraded Spektrum DXe radio which replaces the old Spektrum DX5. The old Apprentice with the DX5 radio was part number EFL3100 while the new Apprentice with the DXe radio is part number EFL3100E.
The E-Flite Apprentice S comes with everything you need to get started flying RC planes. Since this is an RTF (ready to fly) plane, it includes the plane, a radio, a battery, and a charger. However, you will spend a couple hours assembling this beginner RC plane and setting it up. This beginner RC plane has SAFE technology which helps keep beginners in control. SAFE also allows for use of a "panic" button if you lose control. A simple push of the SAFE "panic button" will right the plane and get you back into control. While we don't claim this technology is 100% crash proof, it goes a long way to help a beginner learn to fly an RC plane. the E-Flite Apprentice also has an optional float set should you ever want to try water takeoffs and landings. See the "upgrades" tab for the optional float set.
Beginner RC plane recommendation
At Motion RC we believe the E-flite Apprentice is simply one of the best RC trainer planes around. If you have the room and the budget for this beginner RC plane, we highly recommend choosing the E-Flite Apprentice to learn to fly RC planes. The large size of the E-Flite apprentice makes it easy to maintain visual orientation while also making it more stable in the wind. Wind is the enemy of beginner rc pilots. We've seen many beginners crash because of a gust of wind. Not only does the large size help but the SAFE stabilization gyro technology aids beginners as well. Please note this is not a back yard beginner RC plane due to its size. We also like the spring loaded tricycle landing gear which is a great feature in a beginner RC plane. Most beginners will have trouble learning to land and this landing gear is up to the task of taking some abuse from a beginner. The E-Flite apprentice also has the power to pull you out of a jam. An underpowered beginner RC plane is not good for someone new to this hobby. As you progress, you can turn the SAFE settings down to an intermediate level which will allow you to learn loops, rolls, and inverted flight.
Visit the Official E-flite Apprentice S 15e Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- SAFE™ gyro technology provides the stability to help a beginner
- Large size handles some wind and allows for easier visual orientation
- Assembly is quick and easy with very detailed instructions
- Z-Foam™ construction provides durability
- Brushless outrunner motor for power and longevity
- 30A ESC with switched BEC
- Large battery compartment allowing for a large battery and long flights
- Durable tricycle landing gear with "pig tail" spring on nose gear
- Steerable nose wheel
- Large 3S 3200mAh Li-Po battery for long flight times
- Li-Po balancing charger
- E-flite Apprentice S 15e Trainer plane - (RTF)
- 2.4gHz Spektrum DXe Transmitter
- 3S 3200mAh 20C Li-Po battery
- 2-3 cell Li-Po DC charger
- Nothing! Everything you need to get flying is included in the box.
- Extra Admiral 11.1V 3S 3300mAh LiPo battery - EPR33003
- EC3 Female to T-Connector Male Adapter - ADMEC3FTCONNM (required if you want to use an Admiral brand battery in this aircraft)
59.0in / 1500mm
42.5in / 1080mm
49.0oz / 1390g
|CG (Center of Gravity)||3-1/8 in (79.0mm) back from the leading edge of wing|
|15-size brushless outrunner|
Electronic Speed Control
30-amp brushless (installed)
Propeller / EDF
11 x 8 - 2-blade propeller
|Landing Gear||Fixed - Tricycle|
11.1V 3S 3200mAh LiPo (included)
Spektrum DXe transmitter (included)
|Build Time||1 Hour|
Product Spare Parts