E-flite Carbon-Z® P2 Prometheus BNF Basic 1.2m (48") Wingspan - BNF
This product is discontinued
Spare parts available below
48" Wingspan E-flite Carbon-Z P2 Prometheus BNF Basic - EFL10950
MotionRC is quite pleased to present this hot new offering from E-flite. From his performance of the world's smallest loop to being the only air show pilot to combine aerobatics with motocross by flying his P2 Prometheus under a jumping motorcycle, Skip Stewart brings dare-devil creativity to precision aerobatics. Coined "High-Octane Aerobatics," Skip's performances offer an appetizing menu of stunts that blanket the horizon with mind-blowing agility at an energy level that packs airshows around the globe with cheering fans.
The E-flite Carbon-Z P2 Prometheus aircraft is for aerobatic pilots who want precision in an unlimited biplane with unique character. Based on the custom built P2 Prometheus airplane flown by Skip Stewart, Mike McConville adapted the unique design as a model with performance that's as inspirational as Skip's original. Exclusive Carbon-Z technology allows a healthy sized model such as this to be rigid like a conventional all-wood airframe, yet lightweight so it can have a larger performance envelope than any other biplane in its class. Durable Z-Foam™ material used in construction means that any bumps along the way are simple to repair. The Carbon-Z P2 Prometheus looks the part too with flame-laden graphics and control surfaces large enough to handle bold moves such as the Skip's signature high-alpha knife edge passes.
The Famous P2 Prometheus
Air show performances by Skip Stewart in his P2 Prometheus are enjoyed by aviation fans around the globe. The Carbon-Z P2 Prometheus biplane is capable of performing Skip's signature moves with power spare and the kind of control authority that's a pilot's dream.
Mike McConville Design
World-class aerobatic pilot, Mike McConville, worked closely with the full-size P2 design and adapted the unique biplane flown by Skip Stewart to deliver the perfect balance of performance, optimal power and strength.
Exclusive Carbon-Z technology features composite construction that allows major components like the wing to be chambered, significantly reducing weight while increasing rigidity to comparable all-wood construction.
Under the sleek cowl is a powerful 50-size brushless power system that features a high-torque 525Kv motor, a 70-amp brushless ESC and 15x5.5 propeller for the authority to hover and accelerate vertically.
With a 4500mAh - 5000mAh 6S 22.2V Li-Po battery you provide, expect extreme performance for high-alpha knife edge flight, vicious tumbles, Harrier moves and hover-power that provides unlimited vertical.
Each plug-in wing features carbon-fiber wing tube support that secures with a single screw. The aileron linkages simply snap into place and concealed through-pins quickly connect the I-struts into molded pockets.
- Easy to complete final assembly
- Skip Stewart Airshows officially licensed adaptation
- Highly-tuned airframe for extreme aerobatics by Mike McConville
- Rigid Carbon-Z construction delivers a strong yet lightweight airframe
- Powerful 50-size brushless motor
- High-voltage 70A brushless speed control with EC5 connector
- Durable Spektrum metal-gear mini servos
- Accepts a 4500mAh - 5000mAh 6S 22.2V Li-Po battery (sold separately)
- High-strength aluminum landing gear with matching finish
- Large control surfaces with double-beveled hinge lines
- Tool-free I-strut installation for fast field assembly
- 48" Wingspan E-flite Carbon-Z P2 Prometheus BNF Basic - (BNF)
- Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A DSMX receiver
- 6 Channel Spektrum Compatible Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel Spektrum compatible radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4500 mAh - 5000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 Connector - We recommend EPR50006
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
48in / 1219mm
7lb / 3.2kg
|CG (Center of Gravity)||132mm from the leading edge of the top wing at the center|
|Powerful 50-size brushless motor (installed)|
Electronic Speed Control
High-voltage 70A brushless speed control with EC5 connector (installed)
Propeller / EDF
Spektrum metal-gear mini servos
6 Cell 22.2V 4500 - 5000 mAh LiPo battery with EC5 connector (required)
6+ channel DSM2/DSMX transmitter (required)
|Build Time||2+ Hours|