E-flite Cherokee BNF Basic 1310mm (51.5") Wingspan - BNF
This product is discontinued
Spare parts available below
E-flite Cherokee 51.5" BNF Basic with AS3X Stabilization - BNF - EFL5450
Another nice offering from E-flite that has the Flight Boys at Motion RC excited about is the E-flite Cherokee. With its expansive flight envelope that supports stable, slow flight characteristics that favors pilots newer to the hobby thanks to the revolutionary stabilization technology AS3X® and SAFE® Select Flight Mode, the Cherokee also displays great aerobatic capability for those with more stick time under their belts.
The E-flite Cherokee celebrates the classic design of the legendary full-scale PA-28 with an accurate outline, a long list of scale details, modern-day convenience features, plus fantastic power and flight performance that makes flying fun. An abundance of scale details including panel lines, rivets, corrugated control surfaces, a pilot figure and more highlight the authentic appearance, while functional features including factory-installed LED lights, a shock-absorbing nose strut and large wheels add to the flight experience.
The plug-in wing panels are equipped with a convenient hands-free servo connection system and include operational slotted flaps for shorter take offs and landings, plus improved slow-flight handling. No glue is required for assembly of the lightweight, carbon-fiber reinforced EPO airframe so you can be flying in less time than it takes to charge a battery. An extremely large top hatch offers easy access to the electronics and the battery mounting area with plenty of space to fit a 3S or 4S 2200–3200mAh battery, while the high-power brushless motor and 50-amp ESC deliver better-than-scale power. It all adds up to a scale marvel that delivers incredible handling and fantastic flight performance for shooting smooth touch and goes, rock-solid low and high speed cruising, and even for performing aerobatics—all in a single model that you’ll be proud to own.
- A scale replica of a modern general-aviation classic
- Incredibly smooth flight performance making it the perfect choice for a first low-wing or scale model
- High-power 3S and 4S compatible brushless motor and 50-amp ESC
- Spektrum™ 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance
- Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Abundant scale detail including panel lines, rivets, corrugated control surfaces, pilot figure and more
- Functional shock-absorbing nose strut and large wheels for operation from a variety of surfaces
- Factory-installed LED navigation lights, strobes, beacon and landing lights for added realism
- Operational flaps for shorter take offs and landings plus improved slow-flight performance
- Two-piece plug-in wing panels featuring a convenient hands-free servo connection system for the servos and lights
- Unique and scale full-flying horizontal stabilator
- Extremely large top hatch for easy access to the battery mounting area and electronics
- Lightweight and durable carbon-fiber reinforced EPO construction
- No glue required for assembly–can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- E-flite Cherokee BNF Basic 1310mm (51.5") Wingspan - BNF
- Spektrum™ AS3X® receiver with optional SAFE® Select technology
- 6 Channel Spektrum compatible radio - select a minimum 6 channel Spektrum compatible radio from our Radio Collection
- 3 Cell 11.1V or 4 Cell 14.8V 2200mAh - 3200mAh Li-Po Battery with EC3 connector - we recommend the Admiral 2500mAh 4S 14.8V 30C LiPo Battery with EC3 Connector
- 4 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
1310mm / 51.5in
1040mm / 41in
1550g / 54.5oz
CG (Center of Gravity)
120mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root
10 BL Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
50A, EC3 Connector
Propeller / EDF
Tri landing gear
3 Cell 11.1V or 4 Cell 14.8V 2200mAh - 3200mAh Li-Po Battery with EC3 connector (required)
6 Channel Spektrum (required)
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
received the plane in good shape went together fine and fast however white lite on the ruder is not working the rest are all working fine now the reason for the 4 star is that it would not bind to my fly sky transmitter so i had to order a fly sky receiver and then i had to callabrate the motor to esc to get the motor to run so have every thing ready for first flight whenever spring gets here sure is a good looking plane hope it flys as good as it looks
Just like the real plane
Nice model. Easy flier
sent it back to horizon hobbies
nose wheel fell off sent plane back to horizon they were going to fix it i contacted martin at motion rc he got on the phone with horizon and now they are shipping me a new plane thanks martin and motion rc i have bought several planes from you guys keep up the good work and loyalty to your customers
Cherokee BNF Basic...Nice, but....
Pro: Excellent little airplane. Beautifully molded in detail. Super easy to assemble. Dopy looking pilot. Con: Its a shame they have to use the cheapest, most fragile servo that Spektrum makes. Mine arrived with one aileron servo already stripped. If you look inside one of the A330 servos you would surely notice how thin and fragile the gear train is. At the very least, you should replace the elevator servo with something more robust, possible with metal gears. They are relatively cheap. I will not be flying it until I get my new metal geared servos installed, and the weather gets better. Airman Bob
I've had the plane for a few months now and I still like the way it flys, the only real issue is the nose gear. Rough landings or running off the runway into the grass can cause serious problems. The nose gear is a tube within a tube with a spring between the tubes. The nose wheel steering is accomplished by turning the inner tube and this is accomplished vis the nose gear linkage. If you damage that nose gear linkage by breaking the little ear on the inner tube you are are essentially *******. There is, as far as I can see, no replacement for the design, what you have to do is tight the brass collar onto the nose gear wire, epoxy the inner tube to the outer tube and install a new nose wheel steering arm on the top of the nose gear wire where it will exit the top of the apparatus. Looking in side you will see what I mean, you may have to push the nose gear wire up so that you will have something to attach the steering arm to. If this confused you and you want or need clarification let me know and I'll attempt to make a drawing of what needs to happen. Best of luck. One star for design of nose gear assembly.
LOVE THIS PLANE!
I have an Apprentice that I learned to fly using Beginner Intermediate and then Expert. As a step up to a low wing plane with flaps I purchased the Cherokee. I have a buddy that helped me trim the plane and I flew it with him on the controls with me for a couple flights. The plane is TERRIFIC! It is the perfect plane for a beginner to take a first step up. Excellent companion to the Eflight Apprentice!
Assembly was a snap. Looks fabulous. Love the lights. I owned a C140 years ago and this plane looks really cool in the air and especially on approach. The antenna on the cockpit latch lasted until I needed to adjust the aileron linkage. Don't lay it on its back. Not important but it was a nice touch. The maiden flight was exciting because I didn't read about the stabilator alignment mark on the fuselage. My best guess was not even close. I managed to get the trim close enough to get it safely back on the ground. Then I read the instructions! After that, it turned out to be the best plane I've owned. Very stable and smooth. A breeze to land. I programmed my radio to be able to switch the "Safe" on and off. I very quickly stopped using it at all because it is such a piece of cake to fly. With a 4 cell battery this plane has crazy power. 10+ minutes are easy with a 2700mh battery. I love love this model.
Have not flown it yet.