E-flite F4U-4 Corsair with AS3X 1.2m (48") Wingspan - BNF
48" Wingspan E-flite F4U-4 Corsair with AS3X Stabilization - Bind-N-Fly (BNF) - EFL8550
The 18-cylinder radial engine hung on the first Chance Vought Corsair cranked out an awe-inspiring 2,000 horse power. Later versions could develop 2,380 horse power, which meant more ammo could be packed in and hung on. Better still, those 380 extra horses meant that facing the enemy and making it back home was far more likely. With the new E-flite F4U-4 Corsair 1.2m Bind-N-Fly Basic you can have that powerful feeling with an RC recreation in U.S. Marine Corps VMFT-20 training squadron colors.
A big four-blade propeller, functional three-panel flaps, electric 90-degree rotating retracts and muscular outlines are just the highlights of its authentic feature list. Construction with Z-Foam™ material keeps the overall weight low and delivers a level of airframe durability that's ideal for everyday flying. But the exclusive feature that makes this definitive warbird the choice for your everyday flying is AS3X technology. That's because the compact Spektrum™AR636A DSMX receiver installed features an AS3X system that's specially tuned to give you rock-solid flight performance similar to the experience you'd have with an expertly set up model many more times its size. Whether you're an intermediate or advanced pilot, this Corsair is a sure to help you enjoy what flying a one-of-a-kind warbird is all about.
- Model officially licensed by Northrop Grumman
- AS3X Technology - The advanced AS3X (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) system is what helps give this model an incredibly solid look in the air and feel to you at the controls. As a result, your workload to fly smoothly is significantly reduced, making a warbird like this Corsair the best flying experience possible.
- Electric Rotating Retracts - The installed main landing gear feature reliable electric retraction with covers over the steel struts and outer gear doors that enhance the scale appearance.
- Functional 3-Panel Flaps - A light wing loading, plus operational flaps, gives this warbird a significantly greater flight envelope including the ability to takeoff in shorter distances and land more slowly.
- Brushless Power System - The power system features a 15-size outrunner with 850Kv and a 40-amp ESC that when combined with your 2200mAh 3S 25C Li-Po battery delivers outstanding thrust.
- Lightweight Z-Foam™ Material - Construction with durable Z-Foam™ material offers the ability to replicate complex detail with greater accuracy while providing a lightweight airframe that's easy to maintain.
- Bind-N-Fly Convenience - As a Bind-N-Fly Basic E-flite RC replica, you can enjoy air superiority in no time at all. Final assembly is minimal and can be complete in about the time it takes to charge your battery. Once bound to your transmitter with Spektrum DSM2/DSMX technology, an outstanding warbird experience can be as close as your local park.
- Easy to complete final assembly
- 6-channel control with a steerable tail wheel
- 6 Lightweight Spektrum micro servos
- Authentic US Marine Corps VMFT-20 training squadron trim scheme
- Realistic cockpit, 4-blade propeller and radial engine detail
- 48" E-flite F4U-4 Corsair 1.2m with AS3X - (BNF)
- Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A DSMX receiver
- Removable wing tanks
- Minimum 6+ Channel DSMX full range computer radio - Click Here for recommendations
- 3 Cell 11.1V 2200mAh Li-Po battery with EC3 - EPR22003EC3
- Li-Po battery charger - Click Here for recommendations
48.0in / 1220mm
38.2in / 970mm
53oz / 1500g
|CG (Center of Gravity)||73mm back from the leading edge of wing at wing root|
|Powerful 15-size brushless motor (installed)|
Electronic Speed Control
E-flite 40-amp brushless ESC (installed)
Propeller / EDF
4 blade propeller
6x Lightweight Spektrum micro servos
|Landing Gear||Retractable 90° rotating electric main landing gear|
3 Cell 11.1V 2200mAh LiPo battery with EC3 (required)
6+ channel DSMX full-range radio system (required)
|Build Time||1 Hour|
Product Spare Parts