E-flite Opterra 2m Wing 2000mm (78.7") Wingspan - BNF
This product is discontinued
Spare parts available below
78.7" Wingspan Opterra 2m Wing - BNF - Bind-N-Fly (BNF) - EFL11150
Are flying wings cool or what? What's cooler than a flying wing you say? How about a GIANT flying wing! The Opterra™ 2m flying wing has an impressive near 80" wingspan for high visibility, stable flight characteristics thanks to the included Spektrum™ AS3X® receiver that features optional SAFE Select technology.
This wing is the perfect platform for your FPV adventures. Its lightweight construction, long wingspan and efficient aerodynamics give it a wide range of capabilities that includes everything from sport aerobatics to soaring. It even gives you the ability to put yourself in the pilot's seat with FPV gear while using a GoPro Hero 3, Hero 4 or similar class camera to record HD video at the same time.
- Advanced Aerodynamics and Lightweight Construction - Central to the aircraft's amazing capabilities are the advanced aerodynamics that shaped its design. In addition to its efficient airfoil, winglets and fins on the fuselage help the model track true in all kinds of air. Vortex generators near the leading edge of the top of the wing, and just ahead of the elevons on the bottom of the wing, enhance slow speed stability and control.
- Easy to Assemble and Transport - Its plug-in wing panels and winglets are secured with thumbscrews so assembly or disassembly can be done in a matter of minutes.
- AS3X Receiver with Optional SAFE Select Technology - The model's AS3X (Artificial Stabilization - 3-aXis) receiver works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence.
- Pitch and Bank Angle Limits - These keep the aircraft from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles during launch and landing.
- Automatic Self-Leveling - Instantly returns the wings to level when the sticks are released.
- High-Output Brushless Power System with Folding Prop
- Up to 3 Camera Mounting Stations Available
- The camera nose includes four foam inserts for GoPro Hero 3 and Hero 4 Cameras. It also has an external mounting station for low-profile Mobius or Legend HD cameras.(Cameras and FPV gear not included)
- Digital metal-geared servos installed
- Carbon-reinforced, hollow-core construction with durable Z-Foam™ material
- E-flite Opterra 2m Wing 2000mm (78.7") Wingspan - BNF
- Spektrum AS3X® receiver with SAFE® Select technology
- Motor, servos, ESC pre-installed to minimize build time
- 4 Channel Spektrum Compatible Radio - Select a minimum 4 channel Spektrum compatible radio from our Radio Collection
- 3 Cell 11.1V 2200 - 3200mAh LiPo battery with EC3 Connector - We recommend the Admiral 3 Cell 2600 LiPo battery
- 3 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 3 cell (3S) charger from our Charger Collection
- Spektrum FPV Camera - SPMVC650
- Spektrum 600mw 5.8 GHz Video Transmitter with Raceband - SPMVT600
- Spektrum RHCP Omni Straight Connector Antenna 5.8GHz (2) - SPMVX5801
- Spektrum 4.3 inch Video Monitor FPV Goggles - SPMVM430C
78.3in / 1989mm
40.8in / 1035.6mm
67oz / 1900g
|CG (Center of Gravity)||The correct CG location is identified by the molded dimples just in front of the finger pockets on the bottom of the aircraft. The aircraft will balance slightly nose down at this location.|
|10BL Brushless outrunner 1300Kv (installed)|
Electronic Speed Control
40 Amp with EC3 connector (installed)
Propeller / EDF
Folding, two-blade propeller
13g servos (installed)
3 Cell 11.1V 2200 - 3200mAh LiPo with EC3 connector (required)
4+ DSMX/DSM2 channel transmitter (required)
|Build Time||45 Minutes|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
Opterra BNF wing
Overall, I am very happy with the aircraft. The only complaint is that the piece of plastic at the end of the port wing wasn't pushed in fully into the foam leaving a 1/8 inch gap when I put the wing tip on. This really should have been caught at quality control. Not the end of the earth but annoying in an otherwise fine aircraft.
I love this thing. Super easy to launch. I live on the beach so with a decent head wind I’ll get 30 min flights on a 3000mah 3s. Take off is a dream, she doesn’t like to land. Just glides I’m on approach. Smooth acrobatics, great fpv plane. Also my first wing ever. So easy- so smooth. Very happy with this wing. Thumbs up Eflite
Opterra 2m Wing
Arrived with no damage. Awesome flier! Lots of fun! Thank You! Gary
I taught my son how to fly on an Opterra, and I'm teaching someone else to fly on one I bought... Great presence in the air, smooth handling, no bad qualities. It needs speed brakes, though... hard to slow down for landing
“OPTERROR” LOVES WINGIN IT!!
Absolutely LOVE This Plane! I have done MANY Mods to it, including Custom blue paint, Decals, Speedbrake, RetrCtable Landing Gear, Xenon Strobe Belly Lights, 60amp Esc to Fly 4S Batteries, Etc!! RETRACTS MAKE IT AWESOME! 4S MAKES IT KICK ***!! MOTION RC Always takes great care of their Customers!! BUY From them! Your In Good Hands!! NICKYG123100 On Youtube
This plane goes together in 15 min, that's with me playing with other toys! Flys and glides awesome, has a large compartment nice hatch plenty of room for doc cameras transmitters and my lunch a BLT sandwich!!! I absolutely love this wing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's a ?
This plane will stall spin. It has no rudder. How does one recover?
Taken out for a spin, literally.
I flew my airplane for the first time today. The first flight was a dream. It was GREAT! On flight 2, the SAFE system didn't work. It launched well, climbed to altitude, and was gliding well. Then it started to climb. It refused to stop climbing . I killed the power, but it still climbed. It slowed to a crawl, stalled, and rolled into a flat spin. I fought the spin, for about 200 feet, and it finally went in. It hit the ground flat, did not suffer any damage, other then a hurt ego, and is still flyable. Just beware, if it stalled, be ready for a challenge.