E-flite Rare Bear BNF Basic with AS3X® 880mm (34.6") Wingspan - BNF
This product is discontinued
Spare parts available below
34.6" Wingspan E-flite Rare Bear BNF Basic with AS3X - Bind-N-Fly (BNF) - EFL1250
Motion RC is happy to present this fantastic new offering from E-flite. What began in 1969 as a derelict wreck is currently the fastest straight-line piston-engine aircraft in the world with a record of 528.3 miles per hour. At 500 pounds lighter and 1000 horsepower stronger than a stock Grumman F8F-2 Bearcat, Race #77 is the crown jewel of the Lewis Air Legends collection. To this day, Rare Bear is a favorite to all except the competition.
The E-flite Rare Bear radio control airplane delivers an exhilarating flight experience capable of 100+ MPH*, right out of the box. Like the full-size, this model has been outfitted with a highly-tuned, oversize power system and all unnecessary weight has been trimmed. This synergy maximizes high-speed thrills without sacrificing the super-friendly handling you expect from an E-flite model. Beyond the engineering and reinforced Z-Foam™ construction, the Bind-N-Fly Basic version includes the specially tuned Spektrum™ AR636A 6-channel receiver. Built-in AS3X technology delivers rock-solid control without equal. That’s because it fights the effects of wind and turbulence so all you experience is the kind of locked-in performance that makes flying flat-out more thrilling than ever.
Whether you’re an experienced racing pilot or an intermediate sport pilot who wants an incredible high-speed experience, the E-flite Rare Bear is ideal. With the Rare Bear Bind-N-Fly Basic airplane and your full range DSM2/DSMX aircraft transmitter, you can be flying in the time it takes to charge a battery (battery and charger sold separately). An evolution in ready-to-fly convenience, this Rare Bear aircraft comes out of the box with servos, power system and a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX receiver already installed. It’s simple, especially when you use the recommended 3600mAh 4S 14.8V Li-Po battery (sold separately).
Capable of 100+ MPH Flight Speeds
Packed with a high-speed motor, robust ESC and a racing propeller, the highly tuned E-flite Rare Bear delivers incredible high-speed performance. Our average straight-line speed of 100+ MPH was achieved with a pre-production model with recommended battery.
Engineered with AS3X Technology
The advanced AS3X (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) system built into the Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A receiver (BNF Basic Only) helps give the E-flite Rare Bear an incredibly solid look and feel in the air.
The pre-installed brushless outrunner and 70-amp brushless ESC installed are matched to deliver 100+ MPH* flight speeds with the recommended 4S 14.8V 3600mAh Li-Po battery.
Strong and Light
Specially reinforced Z-Foam™ construction makes it possible to replicate complex airframe detail and maintain rigidity while keeping flying weight low. Built into the structure is a scuff plate that helps protect the airframe during a belly-landing.
Metal Gear Servos
Factory installed Spektrum 16-gram metal gear micro servos deliver durability that’s smooth so you get the control authority a high-performance racer deserves.
Officially Licensed 2014 Colors
The stunning Rare Bear, Reno 2014 appearance is officially licensed by Lewis Air Legends of Reno, Nevada.
* Average straight-line speed of pre-production model with recommended battery. Actual speed may vary.
- Easy to complete final assembly
- Capable of 100+ MPH (161 KPH)* flight speeds
- Two-piece, plug-in wing and stabilizer with carbon-fiber joiner tubes
- Officially licensed design, as seen at the 2014 World Championship Air Races
- AS3X technology delivers rock-solid handling
- Reinforced, lightweight Z-Foam™ construction
- 34.6" Wingspan E-flite Rare Bear BNF Basic with AS3X - (BNF)
- Spektrum™ AR636A DSMX 6-channel AS3X sport receiver
- (4) Spektrum 16-gram metal gear servos
- Powerful 15-Size, 1200Kv brushless motor
- Scale spinner with reinforced two-blade propeller
- 70-amp, switch-mode BEC, brushless ESC
- Full range 5+ channel DSM2/DSMX compatible full range Radio - Click Here for recommendations
- 4 Cell 14.8V 3600mAh LiPo battery - EPR36004 (40C) or EPR36004PRO (50C)
- EC3 Female to T-Connector Male Adapter - ADMEC3FTCONNM (required if you want to use an Admiral brand battery in this aircraft)
- Li-Po battery charger - Click Here for recommendations
34.6in / 880mm
34in / 865mm
46.7oz / 1324g
|CG (Center of Gravity)||Refer to the owner's manual|
|5-Size Brushless 1200Kv (installed)|
Electronic Speed Control
70-amp, switch-mode BEC, brushless ESC with EC3 connector (installed)
Propeller / EDF
(4) Spektrum 16-gram metal gear servos
14.8V 4 Cell 3600mAh LiPo, min 35C (required)
5+ channel DSM2/DSMX transmitter (required)
|Build Time||Less than 1 Hour|