E-flite Spitfire Mk XIV BNF Basic with AS3X® 1.2m (48") Wingspan - BNF
48" Wingspan E-flite Spitfire Mk XIV BNF Basic with AS3X - Bind-N-Fly (BNF) - EFL8650
Finally, Great Britain had a fighter that outclassed every weapon its foe could throw at it: the Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV. Even when menacing rockets and jets attempted to scorch the land, heroic pilots strapped into their Griffon-powered Spits to topple them. The new E-flite® Spitfire Mk XIV 1.2m has been developed to deliver great warbird performance and agility in addition to the distinctive elegance only possible with a Spitfire.
The E-flite® Spitfire Mk XIV1.2m is a full-house park flyer that combines an unmistakable warbird with an impressive features list. An authentic trim scheme, big five-blade propeller, functional four-panel flaps and electric retracts are just a few of finely tuned details. Construction with Z-Foam™ material keeps the overall weight low and airframe durability high for enhanced performance in all aspects. Industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz control and specially tuned AS3X® technology deliver flight performance similar to that of an expertly set up model many times its size.
Built-in SAFE® Select technology is a programming-free option you can activate during the bind process. With SAFE Select turned on you get a super-stable model with the security of envelope protection and self-leveling flight which can practically eliminate first-flight jitters. There is also a program-free option to assign SAFE Select to a transmitter switch so that you can take advantage of the system the instant you need a hand. Whether you're an intermediate pilot or scale aficionado, the formidable elegance of WWII British air superiority is yours to unleash.
SAFE® Select Technology
With SAFE Select on, bank and pitch limitations keep you from over-controlling and automatic self-leveling makes recovery from risky or confusing attitudes as simple as releasing the sticks. In fact, with the aileron, elevator and rudder sticks in the neutral position, the model will automatically hold a heading with a straight and level attitude. You can turn the system on and off with the flip of a switch on your radio. However, you don't need to use SAFE. When the normal bind process is followed, the SAFE Select system is disabled leaving specially tuned AS3X® technology in place to deliver a pure, unrestricted flight experience.
- Electric Retracts - The installed main landing gear feature reliable electric retraction with covers over the steel struts, scale wheels and outer gear doors that enhance the authentic appearance.
- Functional Flaps - Light wing loading, plus operational flaps, gives this warbird a significantly greater flight envelope with the ability to takeoff in shorter distances and land more slowly.
- 15-Size Brushless Power System - The power system features a 15-size outrunner with 850Kv and a 40-amp ESC, that when combined with your 2200mAh 3S 25C Li-Po battery, delivers outstanding thrust.
- 5-Blade Propeller - The specially made 10x8, 5-blade propeller, made of durable fiber-filled nylon, adds a distinctive level of authenticity and performance.
- Scale Trim Scheme - The WWII color scheme features authentic trim and graphics including the characteristic goose-egg hue used on the spinner, tail band and squadron markings.
- Z-Foam™ Material - Construction with durable Z-Foam™ material offers the ability to replicate complex detail with greater accuracy while providing a lightweight airframe that’s easy to maintain.
- Optional SAFE® Select technology with flight envelope protection
- Advanced AS3X® technology delivers rock-solid handling
- Easy to complete, bolt-together final assembly
- Quick-release top hatch makes battery changes easy
- 48" Wingspan E-flite Spitfire Mk XIV BNF Basic with AS3X - (BNF)
- Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A DSMX receiver
- 6 Channel Spektrum Compatible Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel Spektrum compatible radio from our Radio Collection
- 3 Cell 11.1V 2200 mAh Li-Po Battery - EPR22003EC3
- 3 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 3 cell (3S) charger from our Charger Collection
47.25in / 1200mm
53.5oz / 1515g
|CG (Center of Gravity)||78mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
|15-size brushless outrunner (installed)|
Electronic Speed Control
40-amp ESC with EC3 connector (installed)
Propeller / EDF
11.1V 2200mAh 3S LiPo (required)
6+ channel DSM2/DSMX transmitter (required)
|Build Time||Less than 1 Hour|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
The Eflite Spitfire is a fantastic plane, very good quality and really fun to fly. Like the other Eflite planes I’ve purchased it goes together in no time and binds easily to my DX6. As I’m fairly new to RC it is a bit to handle on takeoff as it what’s to go left like the real plane as I understand, so you have to give it a lot of right rudder.
very good plane
Its a beautiful scale !, I have mine for two years !.
No problem. Great plane
Beautiful plane in the air or static
looks great, fly's great with a 4 cell 2200, don't use the flaps in a cross wind it just wants to float off the runway. I'm scared of breaking the prop, they are expensive and I haven't found a work around to a 2, 3, or 4 blade prop and spinner. The narrow landing gear aren't much of a problem but I glued a small piece of plastic from a mixed greens container under the wing tip so it wouldn't get ground off on the runway on bad crosswind landings as the plane transitions from rudder to tail wheel steering. I use m77 spray glue so it doesn't mess up the paint.
I have not had a chance to fly it. The build went with out a hitch. I recommend this RC to any one.
Great flying airplane
I love war birds nice to find another that flys as good as it looks Motion Rc is the best company I have ever worked with for Hooby
Upgrade the esc and run a 4s battery in this Spit and you'll have a fine performing plane!
This is an update to a prior review that I did on the Mk XIV. As previously said, absolutely a great flying plane and it continues to be so. Downside to this great plane was a lack of power. I now run a 4s 3000 35c mAh Admiral battery in it and upgraded the esc to 45amps. The bigger battery fit perfectly in the battery tray as if it were designed for it. I kept the same prop because I like the scale look. Big difference in performance! Basically the setup E-Flite should have done in the first place. While I know they want planes to be able to run on 2200mAh 3s batteries because everyone has them, they should have just put in a bigger esc that gives people the option to run 3 or 4s batteries. While I don't have the E-Flite 1.2m Mustang or Corsair, it looks like they too have the same motor and esc and both have similar complaints of lack of performance. Bump up to a bigger esc and run 4s batteries in these planes and you'll be much happier with their performance! Hope my review helps!
smooth flying warbird
This is a fantastic plane - flies gracefully and slow with the flaps down. It's great to watch her just cruise around the sky.
You cannot go wrong with this fantastic spit. Like others have said, it's not the fastest on three cell but it flies very well and scale. Don't be afraid to put a four cell in it, she's a beast when you do!