E-flite Ultimate² BNF Basic with AS3X® 955mm (37.6") Wingspan - BNF
37.6" Wingspan E-flite Ultimate BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE (BNF) - EFL10850
While the Ultimate biplane made a historic impression with the full-scale community, the RC aerobatic crowd turned the aerobatic sensation into a blockbuster. Its revolutionary lines were unmistakable and the exhilarating performance it offered created a generation of aerobatic thrill seekers with a profound respect for airplanes with two wings. With the modern benefits of Z-Foam™ material and electric power clearly in mind, world-class designer and pilot Mike McConville has revisited the Ultimate platform to deliver a park flyer with everything the original had to offer, and more.
The E-flite Ultimate2 biplane is the ideal choice for pilots looking for the ultimate aerobatic experience. It’s a brilliant Mike McConville design that’s a synergy of a highly-tuned airframe and modern aerodynamics, all complemented by a stunning trim scheme by Mirco Pecorari of Aircraft Studio Design. A high power-to-weight ratio, plus high-quality components help deliver a new biplane with an aggressive 3D flight personality. Four enormous ailerons offer blinding roll speed while the massive elevator and rudder surfaces can make spin and snap gyrations as wild looking as they are predictable.
The included AR636A receiver takes a great-flying airframe to a whole new level of precision thanks to AS3X technology that’s been specially tuned for this model. If you don’t quite pull off a maneuver, like a rolling harrier, Panic Recovery mode (SAFE) adds a virtual safety net that can return the Ultimate2 to upright flight. Simply press the button or switch you setup as the panic button and the plane will auto correct. This makes it a great plane to learning new aerobatics or 3D.
All you need to start flying the Ultimate2 is a full-range 6+ channel transmitter with Spektrum DSM2/DSMX technology, a 2200mAh 3S 25C 11.1V Li-Po flight battery and suitable charger.
- Technology that makes Aerobatics More Satisfying - The advanced AS3X (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) system built into the Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A receiver is what helps give the E-flite Ultimate2 an incredibly solid look and feel in the air. It works behind the scenes to help counter the effects of wind and turbulence by combining 3-axis sensing with specially tuned flight control software. As a result, a highly-tuned design like the Ultimate2 is made even better because your workload to fly smoothly is significantly reduced. In addition to AS3X, the Ultimate2 includes Panic Recovery mode, a feature of SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that allows you to try new maneuvers without worrying about losing your airplane. Just push the panic button and the Ultimate2 will instantly return to level flight.
- Tool-Free Field Assembly - With simple push-pin connections for the struts and one thumb screw in each wing, putting the Ultimate2 together is a snap.
- AR636A Receiver - The installed Spektrum™ 6-channel receiver features uncompromised DSMX 2.4GHz control, the amazing flight stability of AS3X technology plus the SAFEtechnology virtual safety net of Panic Recovery.
- Brushless Power - Under the sleek cowl is a powerful 10-size brushless power system that features the fast throttle response of 1250Kv wind and a 40-amp brushless ESC.
- 3D-Size Control Surfaces - Four enormous ailerons, massive elevators and a huge rudder help you enjoy instant response at even slow airspeeds. Vortex generators near the leading edge also enhance 3D performance.
- Z-Foam™ Material - Exclusive Z-Foam material makes it possible to create a design that’s lightweight and surprisingly durable. Any repairs are simple to make with just about any fast-setting glue.
- Highly-tuned airframe by Mike McConville
- Distinctive trim scheme by Mirco Pecorari of Aircraft Studio Design
- Vortex generators to enhance 3D performance
- Tinted canopy provides a sport-scale appearance
- Matching wheel pants and aluminum main gear
- 37.6" Wingspan E-flite Ultimate2 biplane BNF Basic with AS3X - (BNF)
- Spektrum™ AR636A DSMX 6-channel AS3X sport receiver
- (4) Spektrum 13-gram micro servos
- Powerful 10-size brushless motor
- E-flite 40-amp brushless ESC
- 6 Channel Spektrum Compatible Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel Spektrum compatible radio from our Radio Collection
- 3 Cell 11.1V 2200mAh LiPo battery with EC3 connector - EPR22003EC3
- 3 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 3 cell (3S) charger from our Charger Collection
37.6in / 954.4mm
42.6in / 1082.3mm
2.8lbs / 1.3kg
|CG (Center of Gravity)||Refer to the owner's manual|
|10-Size Brushless (installed)|
Electronic Speed Control
40-amp brushless ESC with EC3 connector (installed)
Propeller / EDF
(4) Spektrum 13-gram servos
3 Cell 2200mAh LiPo with EC3 connector (required)
6+ channel DSM2/DSMX transmitter (required)
|Build Time||1+ Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- September 19, 2015 - When binding the E-flite Ultimate² you must flip the plane over as the receiver is located on the bottom, then place the plane on its wheels to bind as it will not bind if it remains upside down.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Recently Viewed Products
Easy to assemble, flies GREAT!
Out of the box the
Out of the box the decals were coming off. Will have to glue them back down. AR 636 receiver wont bind toy dx6. Have it to my local hobby store to see if they have the same problem. I would have expected better from eflite. Wish i would have bought the Dynam version.
Nice capable Bipe!
A lot of plane for the money. I really enjoy flying it - the Panic mode is helpful (Not to be confused with regular SAFE which only limits the bank and pitch, Panic immediately sets the plane straight and level in an instant!) but the landing gear are incredibly weak and mine had a defective receiver and prop.
Overall a good and fun to fly ultimate, just couple of issues, fuse internal stucture had a gap between the halves full length, stick on decals bubbling and peeling off.
This is a rockstar!
As always Motion has provided me with one fine piece of equipment. Perfect boxing and super fast shipping. I am never disappointed with Motion. The instructions are spot on except they want you to use this horrible tape to put the Horizontal stab. on. No way I used Foam Tac as I do not plan on replacing it ever. Rates are great and very little trim needed. This plane flies so great it makes me look good. For once I was able to get a plane from Motion on sale. A very good sale. Admiral batteries never let me down so I added one to the purchase. I only regret that I forgot to order an adapter. Going to do that when I finish this. Now this plane is not for the beginner but I think an intermediate pilot would do just fine. 5 stars from me for both the Plane and Motion. Fly Navy!
Very Fun Airplane!!!
E-Fite's version of the Ultimate 2 is a great flyer, either on low rates of at 100%. AT low rates (50% for me) it's docile and relaxing to fly around the pattern. It's so well controlled that it could be used as a trainer for someone learning to fly. With AS3X and SAFE, it's hard to go wrong. At 75% throw it will wake you up with snapper rolls, loops and other manuvers, but still nothing too out of control. Flip the rate to 100% and this plane will jump around the sky. It's not a speed demon but it will do 3D with the best of them. Still very controllable. The color scheme make it easy to follow to boot. The only thing that surprised me was I expected it to float more because of the bi-wing. You need to keep throttle up and fly it down. But a couple of landings to get the feel of it and you can grease 3 pointers from then on. It's got a fairly strong gear as I learned on my 1st flight when I pulled too much power off. It hit hard but no damage at all. I usually keep it at 50-75% power and get 6-6 1/2 minutes flight time. I was slow getting it because of the price but it's well worth it. It's going to be in my hanger for awhile it's so much fun.
This is my first non-docile plane but in precision mode its quite manageable and yet capable of some very scary maneuvers and the â€œOh Crapâ€ button is very helpful as long as you stay high when first moving up to the Ultimate.
Easy to assemble, detailed manual, well balanced in every direction airplane. Amazingly easy fly, any pilot from the beginner and up to sophisticated 3d pilot will enjoy it.