E-flite Ultimate² BNF Basic with AS3X® 955mm (37.6") Wingspan - BNF
37.6" Wingspan E-flite Ultimate BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE (BNF) - EFL10850
While the Ultimate biplane made a historic impression with the full-scale community, the RC aerobatic crowd turned the aerobatic sensation into a blockbuster. Its revolutionary lines were unmistakable and the exhilarating performance it offered created a generation of aerobatic thrill seekers with a profound respect for airplanes with two wings. With the modern benefits of Z-Foam™ material and electric power clearly in mind, world-class designer and pilot Mike McConville has revisited the Ultimate platform to deliver a park flyer with everything the original had to offer, and more.
The E-flite Ultimate2 biplane is the ideal choice for pilots looking for the ultimate aerobatic experience. It’s a brilliant Mike McConville design that’s a synergy of a highly-tuned airframe and modern aerodynamics, all complemented by a stunning trim scheme by Mirco Pecorari of Aircraft Studio Design. A high power-to-weight ratio, plus high-quality components help deliver a new biplane with an aggressive 3D flight personality. Four enormous ailerons offer blinding roll speed while the massive elevator and rudder surfaces can make spin and snap gyrations as wild looking as they are predictable. The included AR636A receiver takes a great-flying airframe to a whole new level of precision thanks to AS3X technology that’s been specially tuned for this model. If you don’t quite pull off a maneuver, like a rolling harrier, Panic Recovery mode (SAFE) adds a virtual safety net that can return the Ultimate2 to upright flight. Simply press the button or switch you setup as the panic button and the plane will auto correct. This makes it a great plane to learning new aerobatics or 3D.
All you need to start flying the Ultimate2 is a full-range 6+ channel transmitter with Spektrum DSM2/DSMX technology, a 2200mAh 3S 25C 11.1V Li-Po flight battery and suitable charger.
- Technology that makes Aerobatics More Satisfying - The advanced AS3X (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) system built into the Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A receiver is what helps give the E-flite Ultimate2 an incredibly solid look and feel in the air. It works behind the scenes to help counter the effects of wind and turbulence by combining 3-axis sensing with specially tuned flight control software. As a result, a highly-tuned design like the Ultimate2 is made even better because your workload to fly smoothly is significantly reduced. In addition to AS3X, the Ultimate2 includes Panic Recovery mode, a feature of SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that allows you to try new maneuvers without worrying about losing your airplane. Just push the panic button and the Ultimate2 will instantly return to level flight.
- Tool-Free Field Assembly - With simple push-pin connections for the struts and one thumb screw in each wing, putting the Ultimate2 together is a snap.
- AR636A Receiver - The installed Spektrum™ 6-channel receiver features uncompromised DSMX 2.4GHz control, the amazing flight stability of AS3X technology plus the SAFEtechnology virtual safety net of Panic Recovery.
- Brushless Power - Under the sleek cowl is a powerful 10-size brushless power system that features the fast throttle response of 1250Kv wind and a 40-amp brushless ESC.
- 3D-Size Control Surfaces - Four enormous ailerons, massive elevators and a huge rudder help you enjoy instant response at even slow airspeeds. Vortex generators near the leading edge also enhance 3D performance.
- Z-Foam™ Material - Exclusive Z-Foam material makes it possible to create a design that’s lightweight and surprisingly durable. Any repairs are simple to make with just about any fast-setting glue.
- Highly-tuned airframe by Mike McConville
- Distinctive trim scheme by Mirco Pecorari of Aircraft Studio Design
- Vortex generators to enhance 3D performance
- Tinted canopy provides a sport-scale appearance
- Matching wheel pants and aluminum main gear
- 37.6" Wingspan E-flite Ultimate2 biplane BNF Basic with AS3X - (BNF)
- Spektrum™ AR636A DSMX 6-channel AS3X sport receiver
- (4) Spektrum 13-gram micro servos
- Powerful 10-size brushless motor
- E-flite 40-amp brushless ESC
- Full range 6+ channel DSM2/DSMX compatible full range Radio - Click Here for recommendations
- 3 Cell 11.1V 2200mAh LiPo battery with EC3 connector - EPR22003EC3
- EC3 Female to T-Connector Male Adapter - ADMEC3FTCONNM (required if you want to use an Admiral brand battery with Deans in this aircraft - EPR22003)
- Li-Po battery charger - Click Here for recommendations
Tech Note: When binding the E-flite Ultimate2 you must flip the plane over as the receiver is located on the bottom, then place the plane on its wheels to bind as it will not bind if it remains upside down.
37.6in / 954.4mm
42.6in / 1082.3mm
2.8lbs / 1.3kg
|CG (Center of Gravity)||Refer to the owner's manual|
|10-Size Brushless (installed)|
Electronic Speed Control
40-amp brushless ESC with EC3 connector (installed)
Propeller / EDF
(4) Spektrum 13-gram servos
3 Cell 2200mAh LiPo with EC3 connector (required)
6+ channel DSM2/DSMX transmitter (required)
|Build Time||1+ Hours|
Product Spare Parts