Eagle A3 Super 3 Standard Edition 6-Axis Airplane Gyro with Programming Card
A3 Super 3 Standard Edition 6-Axis Airplane Gyro with Programming Card from Eagle - HEA3S3FS
The new A3 Super 3 is a high-performance 6-axis gyro and stabilizer designed for R/C airplanes. This flagship model can be used with nearly any size and type of R/C airplanes.
Why use an airplane gyro? Gyros (also called flight stabilizers) help keep your airplane stable during take-off, flight maneuvers, and landings which can be helpful during windy days or when learning how to fly RC planes. Gyros also help you master aerobatic maneuvers like knife edges and hovering. Once thought to be for beginners only, gyros are now common in all classes of aircraft and are utilized by all levels of flyers. Gyros are great for learning, they let pilots practice advanced aerobatics, they give you piece of mind in less than ideal flight conditions, and they can often help you avoid costly crash damage.
Important: The A3 Super 3 is an advanced flight stabilizer. You must have a Windows PC, know how to install drivers, and have a working knowledge of Windows applications in order to program this gyro. If you are interested in a gyro which does not require a computer for setup and programming, please consider the A3-L or A3-Pro.
- 32-bit MCU, high-precision 6-axis MEMS sensor
- Improved hardware platform and new firmware provides even more reliable performance
- 6 Pre-programmed flight modes:
- Gyro Off Mode - when this mode is selected, the gyro will be deactivated completely.
- Normal Mode (2D Mode) - This is the standard flight stabilization mode.
- Atti-Lock Mode (3D Mode) - The gyro will attempt to hold your last position by making constant corrections to rotational movements on each axis. An example would be holding a knife edge maneuver.
- NEW! Trainer Mode - In this mode you can only tilt the plane to a certain angle and rolls and loops are not allowed. Great for beginners.
- Auto-Level Mode - The plane will be brought to normal, level flight automatically when releasing the sticks.
- Auto Hover Mode - Provides the same functionality as the Auto-Level mode, except when you release the sticks, the plane will be brought to the vertical position (nose up) and hold a hover.
- 7 Wing Types including Dual Aileron, Dual Elevator, Standard Wing, Delta Wing and V-Tail
- 6 Position mode switching - this new feature allows you to switch the flight modes by using a mixing of a 2-position and 3-position switch on your transmitter.
- Compatible with most standard, PPM single-line and Futaba's S.Bus and S.Bus 2 receivers
- External LED module integrated with interface
- Various mounting orientations supported (flat or upright)
- Sub trim and travel limit settings for servos, separate stick rate and EXP settings for each mode
- Customizable hardware and software low pass filters
- Quick setup supported via programming card
- Firmware upgradeable
- Eagle A3 Super 3 Standard Edition 6-Axis Airplane Gyro
- Programming card
- External LED module
- USB adapter and cable
- 16V EZ-Plug capacitor to help maintain a secure voltage level during flight
- Two pieces of 3M Foam mounting tape
- Five 150mm (6") male-to-male servo wires to connect the A3 Super 3 to your receiver
- Main Controller: 32-bit MCU
- Sensor: High-precision 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer
- Gyroscope Scale Range: ±2000 dps
- Accelerometer Scale Range: ±4g
- PWM Output: 920uS ~ 2120uS with 1520uS center length / 50 ~ 333Hz
- Input Voltage: 4.8V ~ 8.4V
- Operating Temperature: -10 ℃ ~ 50 ℃
- Size: 43×27×14mm
- Weight: 10g (excluding wires)
Which Eagle Gyro is right for me?
|Sensor||2D Mode||3D Mode||Auto-Recovery||Auto-Hover||Remote Gain||S.Bus||HV||Upgradable||Price|
|A3 Super 3||6-Axis||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||$$$|
IMPORTANT - Please Read This Carefully
- Proper setup of the Hobby Eagle Gyro is crucial. Read the gyro instruction manual completely before attempting to fly your aircraft. Failure to follow setup instructions can result in loss of control and inevitable damage to your aircraft.
- Ensure the gyro is installed in the proper orientation (see manual) and is mounted to a hard surface near the aircraft's CG point.
- When you first plug in your aircraft battery DO NOT move your aircraft for at least 10 seconds to allow the gyro to perform self-calibration.
- It is crucial to verify that the gyro is moving the control surfaces in the correct direction BEFORE attempting to fly your aircraft. Failure to do so could result in loss of control during flight.
- Setup one of your gyro control switches (3 position switch on your radio) to activate Gyro Disable. This safety feature will allow you turn off the gyro if you encounter any issues during flight.
- ANY warranty claim for Hobby Eagle gyros applies to the gyro only, not the aircraft in which the gyro was installed.
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- Eagle A3 Super 3 Config Utility V1.0
- F/W Update Utility V1.0
- USB driver CP210x
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Installer
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
- Reviews (1)
- Questions (0)
Like this Gyro
I've owned nearly 15 Gyro's (Guardian 2D/3D Stabilizers which were good). When I saw that A3S3 was available it excited me because it does so much more than the Guardian. I found it a little more difficult to set it up than I had expected. I read the instructions twice and actually worked on it for a couple of days. The folks at Motion RC were patient and right there for me and between the two of us I finally got it working great. I flew with it today and of the 6 selections available I chose the 3D mode, the hover mode and completely off mode on a 3 way switch. The 3D mode was extraordinarily stable and held every position I put it in precisely. The Hover mode was particularly exciting; since was I not only doing hovers, and torque rolls immediately; but I was also able to do great tale slides and even came down and kissed the runway with my rudder and then powered on to climb straight up vertically. There is much more to this gyro than I'm using. I'll get familiar with it over time. I have 4 more balsa airplanes that I intend to equip with this gyro. I highly recommend it but be patient and persevere in the set up and you will be rewarded with some great flying!