Eagle A3 Super 3 V2 Programmable 6-Axis Airplane Gyro
A3 Super 3 Version 2 Programmable 6-Axis Airplane Gyro from Eagle - HEA3S3
The A3 Super 3 is a high-performance 6-axis gyro and stabilizer designed for R/C airplanes. This flagship model can be used with nearly any size and type of R/C airplanes; electric or gas. This Eagle Super 3 gyro now includes the latest version 2.0 firmware.
Why use an airplane gyro? Gyros (also called flight stabilizers) help keep your airplane stable during take-off, flight maneuvers, and landings which can be helpful during windy days or when learning how to fly RC planes. Gyros also help you master aerobatic maneuvers like knife edges and hovering. Once thought to be for beginners only, gyros are now common in all classes of aircraft and are utilized by all levels of flyers. Gyros are great for learning, they let pilots practice advanced aerobatics, they give you piece of mind in less than ideal flight conditions, and they can often help you avoid costly crash damage.
Important: The A3 Super 3 is an advanced flight stabilizer. You must have a Windows PC, know how to install drivers, and have a working knowledge of Windows applications in order to program this gyro. If you are interested in a gyro which does not require a computer for setup and programming, please consider the A3-L or A3-Pro.
- NEW! Version 2.0 Firmware
- 32-bit MCU, high-precision 6-axis MEMS sensor
- Improved hardware platform and new firmware provides even more reliable performance
- 6 Pre-programmed flight modes:
- Gyro Off Mode - when this mode is selected, the gyro will be deactivated completely.
- Normal Mode (2D Mode) - This is the standard flight stabilization mode.
- Atti-Lock Mode (3D Mode) - The gyro will attempt to hold your last position by making constant corrections to rotational movements on each axis. An example would be holding a knife edge maneuver.
- NEW! Trainer Mode - In this mode you can only tilt the plane to a certain angle and rolls and loops are not allowed. Great for beginners.
- Auto-Level Mode - The plane will be brought to normal, level flight automatically when releasing the sticks.
- Auto Hover Mode - Provides the same functionality as the Auto-Level mode, except when you release the sticks, the plane will be brought to the vertical position (nose up) and hold a hover.
- 7 Wing Types including Dual Aileron, Dual Elevator, Standard Wing, Delta Wing and V-Tail
- 6 Position mode switching - this new feature allows you to switch the flight modes by using a mixing of a 2-position and 3-position switch on your transmitter.
- Compatible with most standard, PPM single-line and Futaba's S.Bus and S.Bus 2 receivers
- External LED module integrated with interface
- Various mounting orientations supported (flat or upright)
- Sub trim and travel limit settings for servos, separate stick rate and EXP settings for each mode
- Customizable hardware and software low pass filters
- Quick setup supported via programming card
- Firmware upgradeable
- Eagle A3 Super 3 V2 6-Axis Airplane Gyro
- External LED module
- USB adapter and cable
- 16V EZ-Plug capacitor to help maintain a secure voltage level during flight
- Two pieces of 3M Foam mounting tape
- Five 150mm (6") male-to-male servo wires to connect the A3 Super 3 to your receiver
- Main Controller: 32-bit MCU
- Sensor: High-precision 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer
- Gyroscope Scale Range: ±2000 dps
- Accelerometer Scale Range: ±4g
- PWM Output: 920uS ~ 2120uS with 1520uS center length / 50 ~ 333Hz
- Input Voltage: 4.8V ~ 8.4V
- Operating Temperature: -10 ℃ ~ 50 ℃
- Size: 43×27×14mm
- Weight: 10g (excluding wires)
Which Eagle Gyro is right for me?
|Sensor||2D Mode||3D Mode||Auto-Recovery||Auto-Hover||Remote Gain||S.Bus||HV||Upgradable||Price|
|A3 Super 3||6-Axis||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||$$$|
IMPORTANT - Please Read This Carefully
- Proper setup of the Hobby Eagle Gyro is crucial. Read the gyro instruction manual completely before attempting to fly your aircraft. Failure to follow setup instructions can result in loss of control and inevitable damage to your aircraft.
- Ensure the gyro is installed in the proper orientation (see manual) and is mounted to a hard surface near the aircraft's CG point.
- When you first plug in your aircraft battery DO NOT move your aircraft for at least 10 seconds to allow the gyro to perform self-calibration.
- It is crucial to verify that the gyro is moving the control surfaces in the correct direction BEFORE attempting to fly your aircraft. Failure to do so could result in loss of control during flight.
- Setup one of your gyro control switches (3 position switch on your radio) to activate Gyro Disable. This safety feature will allow you turn off the gyro if you encounter any issues during flight.
- ANY warranty claim for Hobby Eagle gyros applies to the gyro only, not the aircraft in which the gyro was installed.
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
Adding New Update Firmware:
- Download the Firmware Update Utility.
- Download the V2.0 firmware file for the gyro.
- Download the V2.0 firmware file for the A3 Super 3 programming card.
- Connect the A3 Super 3 gyro to your computer.
- Run the Firmware Update Utility downloaded from step 1.
- Point the Firmware Update Utility to the V2.0 firmware file downloaded from step 2.
- Connect the Programmer Card to your computer.
- In the Firmware Update Utility point to the V2.0 firmware file downloaded from step 3.
- Download and install the newest PC Config Utility V2.
- The current configuration of the gyro will be migrated to the new version when updating to V2.0. However please confirm again before the test flight.
- The A3 Super 3 programming card will no longer support the previous firmware v1.x.
- The PC config utility V2.0 will no longer support the previous firmware v1.x.
Changes in V2.0:
- Stick Reverse, Rate and Expo removed.
- Control algorithms improved and default gain level enhanced to get a much more precise reaction of the gyro.
- R/R mode (Rotation-Rate-Based control mode) restored.
- User-defined mode restored.
- Response gain has been renamed to "Gain Drop Curve"and offers 5 options for different control behavior, including L0-Never Drop, L1-Stable, L2-Normal, L3-Sport, L4-3D.
- WiFi module support added to use the APP configuration in the future.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Overall the gyro performs well & is excellent value for money. The Express delivery option however is anything but & FedEx finally delivered my parcel a full week after the estimated delivery date, why offer express delivery at extra cost when it isn't deliverable. FedEx even sent mails saying we are delivering today but didn't turn up. I think you need to look at you carrier options.
I bought 2 of these to emulate the SAFE option from Spektrum radios for other planes I have with my FlySky Transmitter. Once you set the Gain setting either manually or on the radio turn knob to where you need it (around 10%), it becomes the master setting for all the other Flight Modes. What this means is, when you go to use Auto Level, the surfaces barely move even if you put 100% in the software, it will only move based on the Basic Gain setting, making it useless. The Gyro it self does work but I paid extra for the AL option. I have emailed Hobby Eagle multiple times without any response.
The stabilizers work great You don’t have to worry about wind anymore if you’re looking at it don’t hesitate by it.
Have not used it yet but looks good and all parts came with it
Went with this one as its a cheaper option. I used it in the past on edf's and nitro planes. Using it now on a small turbine jet powered by a K30 turbine. I needed a 2 elevator / 2 aileron setup and this did the job. Servo trimming and end point adjustments are not the greatest on the PC software app but works.
Works as advertised.
Works great easy to set up
Installed it in my 50cc Sbach and will have to wait and see when the weather warms up here in Minnesota. Looking forward to see how it performed. Installation took me a bit but I got it working. Looking forward to putting it on hover mode and turning the smoke on. True test will be in a few months.
I found this gyro to be well worth the extra few dollars.Much more versatile and easier to set up by using my laptop, than pushing tiny buttons and counting flashes.Working great in my 90mm F104 Starfighter
Motion RC has a new European website
Go there instead?