Eagle A3 Super 3 V2 Programmable 6-Axis Airplane Gyro
A3 Super 3 Version 2 Programmable 6-Axis Airplane Gyro from Eagle - HEA3S3
The A3 Super 3 is a high-performance 6-axis gyro and stabilizer designed for R/C airplanes. This flagship model can be used with nearly any size and type of R/C airplanes; electric or gas. This Eagle Super 3 gyro now includes the latest version 2.0 firmware.
Why use an airplane gyro? Gyros (also called flight stabilizers) help keep your airplane stable during take-off, flight maneuvers, and landings which can be helpful during windy days or when learning how to fly RC planes. Gyros also help you master aerobatic maneuvers like knife edges and hovering. Once thought to be for beginners only, gyros are now common in all classes of aircraft and are utilized by all levels of flyers. Gyros are great for learning, they let pilots practice advanced aerobatics, they give you piece of mind in less than ideal flight conditions, and they can often help you avoid costly crash damage.
Important: The A3 Super 3 is an advanced flight stabilizer. You must have a Windows PC, know how to install drivers, and have a working knowledge of Windows applications in order to program this gyro. If you are interested in a gyro which does not require a computer for setup and programming, please consider the A3-L or A3-Pro.
- NEW! Version 2.0 Firmware
- 32-bit MCU, high-precision 6-axis MEMS sensor
- Improved hardware platform and new firmware provides even more reliable performance
- 6 Pre-programmed flight modes:
- Gyro Off Mode - when this mode is selected, the gyro will be deactivated completely.
- Normal Mode (2D Mode) - This is the standard flight stabilization mode.
- Atti-Lock Mode (3D Mode) - The gyro will attempt to hold your last position by making constant corrections to rotational movements on each axis. An example would be holding a knife edge maneuver.
- NEW! Trainer Mode - In this mode you can only tilt the plane to a certain angle and rolls and loops are not allowed. Great for beginners.
- Auto-Level Mode - The plane will be brought to normal, level flight automatically when releasing the sticks.
- Auto Hover Mode - Provides the same functionality as the Auto-Level mode, except when you release the sticks, the plane will be brought to the vertical position (nose up) and hold a hover.
- 7 Wing Types including Dual Aileron, Dual Elevator, Standard Wing, Delta Wing and V-Tail
- 6 Position mode switching - this new feature allows you to switch the flight modes by using a mixing of a 2-position and 3-position switch on your transmitter.
- Compatible with most standard, PPM single-line and Futaba's S.Bus and S.Bus 2 receivers
- External LED module integrated with interface
- Various mounting orientations supported (flat or upright)
- Sub trim and travel limit settings for servos, separate stick rate and EXP settings for each mode
- Customizable hardware and software low pass filters
- Quick setup supported via programming card
- Firmware upgradeable
- Eagle A3 Super 3 V2 6-Axis Airplane Gyro
- External LED module
- USB adapter and cable
- 16V EZ-Plug capacitor to help maintain a secure voltage level during flight
- Two pieces of 3M Foam mounting tape
- Five 150mm (6") male-to-male servo wires to connect the A3 Super 3 to your receiver
- Main Controller: 32-bit MCU
- Sensor: High-precision 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer
- Gyroscope Scale Range: ±2000 dps
- Accelerometer Scale Range: ±4g
- PWM Output: 920uS ~ 2120uS with 1520uS center length / 50 ~ 333Hz
- Input Voltage: 4.8V ~ 8.4V
- Operating Temperature: -10 ℃ ~ 50 ℃
- Size: 43×27×14mm
- Weight: 10g (excluding wires)
Which Eagle Gyro is right for me?
|Sensor||2D Mode||3D Mode||Auto-Recovery||Auto-Hover||Remote Gain||S.Bus||HV||Upgradable||Price|
|A3 Super 3||6-Axis||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||$$$|
IMPORTANT - Please Read This Carefully
- Proper setup of the Hobby Eagle Gyro is crucial. Read the gyro instruction manual completely before attempting to fly your aircraft. Failure to follow setup instructions can result in loss of control and inevitable damage to your aircraft.
- Ensure the gyro is installed in the proper orientation (see manual) and is mounted to a hard surface near the aircraft's CG point.
- When you first plug in your aircraft battery DO NOT move your aircraft for at least 10 seconds to allow the gyro to perform self-calibration.
- It is crucial to verify that the gyro is moving the control surfaces in the correct direction BEFORE attempting to fly your aircraft. Failure to do so could result in loss of control during flight.
- Setup one of your gyro control switches (3 position switch on your radio) to activate Gyro Disable. This safety feature will allow you turn off the gyro if you encounter any issues during flight.
- ANY warranty claim for Hobby Eagle gyros applies to the gyro only, not the aircraft in which the gyro was installed.
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
Adding New Update Firmware:
- Download the Firmware Update Utility.
- Download the V2.0 firmware file for the gyro.
- Download the V2.0 firmware file for the A3 Super 3 programming card.
- Connect the A3 Super 3 gyro to your computer.
- Run the Firmware Update Utility downloaded from step 1.
- Point the Firmware Update Utility to the V2.0 firmware file downloaded from step 2.
- Connect the Programmer Card to your computer.
- In the Firmware Update Utility point to the V2.0 firmware file downloaded from step 3.
- Download and install the newest PC Config Utility V2.
- The current configuration of the gyro will be migrated to the new version when updating to V2.0. However please confirm again before the test flight.
- The A3 Super 3 programming card will no longer support the previous firmware v1.x.
- The PC config utility V2.0 will no longer support the previous firmware v1.x.
Changes in V2.0:
- Stick Reverse, Rate and Expo removed.
- Control algorithms improved and default gain level enhanced to get a much more precise reaction of the gyro.
- R/R mode (Rotation-Rate-Based control mode) restored.
- User-defined mode restored.
- Response gain has been renamed to "Gain Drop Curve"and offers 5 options for different control behavior, including L0-Never Drop, L1-Stable, L2-Normal, L3-Sport, L4-3D.
- WiFi module support added to use the APP configuration in the future.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
It’s great, other than it’s
It’s great, other than it’s a little pricey.
Eagle A3 Super
I like being able to set the gain of each axis individually, unlike the A3-L. Setting them precisely with a digital value, rather than a vari-pot, is really great. I plan to use this one in all my future models.
very good product. easy software update/upgrade, easy installation. good value for money.
Works awesome in the Freewing jets!!
I absolutely love this gyro!! I have 3 of these setup in my Freewing 90mm EDF F-16, F-15, and 70mm EDF artic camo F-16. The flight modes I have setup is normal gyro mode, auto level mode, and trainer (SAFE) mode. If you have ever flown a plane with E-Flite's SAFE receiver, then this gyro works the same way in this mode. Makes flying these jets so easy and relaxing to fly, then switch to normal modes and do flips and rolls. I highly recommend this gyro.
Works well once you figure out wiring and software set up
I have only got one working so far on a T28. It does not totally take over the plane like an eagle tree guardian does. I found that landing worked very well in the trainer mode. The software in pc and with the control panel works quite well with many settings. Some items, I have no idea what they do. They could improve the manual more explaining what each feature does and how to do it. I want to use all 6 modes on 6 pole switch but have not figured out how to set it up on my horus 10s transmitter, something which could be included in the manual. I have had success with classic wing set up on the t-28 and plan to keep studying the set up to improve my flying. I have tried an elevon setup on the Neptune EDA, but so far have had no luck getting it working because for some reason this mode will not allow me to reverse the gyro correction directions?
Once you've got to grips with getting the software on your PC connected to the gyro it's very easy to setup. And works brilliantly in the model, was very surprised how well it works actually!!
Excellent gyro, easy setup, works great with app and laptop!
Definitely worth the money
All my planes have this gyro installed. Once you figure out the software download and the connection to the servos and receiver it’s a breeze. There are many different aircraft configurations available for use and they all work well. I have mine programmed to a 3 position switch that selects 3 different modes. I also have the gain control connected to a separate channel on a roll dial to adjust in flight for quick adjustment. I use normal mode most of the time flying and the plane tracks beautifully. When there is a flight control issue I select ATTI mode and it has saved a few planes. One had a flap servo malfunction and was impossible to keep level and focus on landing. Once ATTI was selected, the plane leveled out and sank down perfectly for a great landing. $40 is a lot better than almost any fuselage or wing replacement.
A3 super 3 gyro
The device is very nice, easy to program and works great. different modes so can set for off, active, auto level etc including a safe mode.