Eagle A3 Super II 6 Axis Programmable Gyro w/ Field Programming Card
Eagle A3 Super II Six Axis Programmable Gyro with Auto-Recovery, Auto-Hover, and Programming Card - HEA3SUPER2CA
NOTE: Hobby Eagle gyros do not work with the new Spektrum Telemetry Receivers AR6600T, AR8010T or AR9030T. There is an unknown incompatibility between these specific receivers and Hobby Eagle gyros. This message will be removed once the compatibility issue has been resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The Eagle A3 Super II Combo is our top of the line flight stabilization system designed specifically for fixed-wing aircraft. The A3 Super II has an integrated high precision 6-axis (3 gyro + 3 accelerometers) MEMS sensor with advanced attitude and PID control algorithm. The gyro can accurately detect the angular velocity and attitude of the aircraft and issue commands to all servos, which enables perfect balance and stability throughout the flight. The A3 Super II has built-in capabilities for delta-wing (flying-wing), v-tail, remote master gain adjustment, and separate dual aileron and elevator control. Finally, two of the most exciting new features on this gyro are the One-Click Auto-Recovery which allows you to return your plane to upright, level flight at the flip of a switch (similar to Horizon's SAFE technology) and the One-Click Hover which allows you to put your plane into a perfect hover at the flip of a switch.
The Eagle A3 Super II offers 6 flight modes, including Normal Stabilization Mode, 3D Attitude Locking Mode, Auto-Recovery Mode, Auto-Hover Mode, User Defined Mode, and Gyro Deactivated Mode. By using a 3-way switch on your transmitter you can switch between any 3 different modes during flight. The A3 Super II also provides two stick control modes: Manual Mode and Auto Mode.
This deluxe version of the Eagle A3 Super II Gyro includes a programming module. The programming card allows you to easily setup all the functions and parameters of your flight stabilizer without having to connect your gyro to your computer. The programming module's firmware can also be upgraded by simply connecting the module to your personal computer using the included data cable. See the support tab above for the latest firmware.
Tech Note: Always make sure you are using the latest firmware and programming software with your Super II gyro. Click the support tab above for a complete list of files.
Important: The A3 Super II is an advanced flight stabilizer. You must have a Windows PC, know how to install USB drivers, and have a strong working knowledge of Windows applications in order to program or update the firmware on this gyro. If you are interested in a 6 axis gyro which does not require a computer for setup and programming, please consider the Eagle A3.
Why use an airplane gyro? Gyros (also called flight stabilizers) help keep your airplane stable during take-off, flight maneuvers, and landings which can be helpful during windy days or when learning how to fly RC planes. Advanced gyros, like the A3 Super II, also include accelerometers which will allow you to turn your plane "right side up" if you lose orientation of your plane during flight. Gyros also help you master aerobatic maneuvers like knife edges and hovering as the system can "lock" in a planes position / trajectory. Once thought to be for beginners only, Gyros are now common in all classes of aircraft and are utilized by all levels of flyers. Gyros are great for learning, they let pilots practice advanced aerobatics, they give you piece of mind in less than ideal flight conditions, and they can often help you avoid costly crash damage.
- Works with all major receiver brands including Spektrum, Futaba, Hitec, JR, Tactic, and more.
- Integrated design of 6-axis (3 gyro+3 accelerometers ) 32-bit MEMS sensor for self-stability and self-balance.
- Advanced brown-out fast recovery ability provides better security and reliability.
- 6 Flight modes:
- Normal Mode (2D Mode): this is the standard flight stabilization mode found on most airplane gyros.
- 3D Flight Mode: this mode will attempt to hold the LAST position the aicraft was in. For example, if you put the airplane into a knife edge and then activate 3D mode, the airplane will hold the knife edge as long as the pilot provides appropriate throttle input.
- Auto-Recovery Mode (also called Auto Balance Mode): this mode will automatically "right" or balance your aircraft if you lose orientation or if the aircaft becomes inverted. This functionality is similar to Spektrum's SAFE technology.
- Auto-Hover Mode: this mode will hold the airplane in a perfect hover (nose pointed towards the sky) on 3D capable aircraft.
- User Defind: allows you to select different modes (Normal, 3D, or Off) for each gyro axis.
- Gyro Deactivated Mode: this turns the gyro off to allow unassisted/non-stablized flight.
- 2 stick control modes: Manual Mode(MM) and Auto Mode(RR/AR).
- Various wing types: 1AIL+1ELE, 2AIL+1ELE, 1AIL+2ELE, 2AIL+2ELE, delta-wing and V-tail.
- Independent gyro gain adjustment and gyro ratio selection for each flight mode.
- Separate adjustments for servo travel limits.
- Up to 333Hz servo operating frequency, compatible with all analog and digital servos.
- 5-level response rate setting allows you to use it on gas-powered planes.
- Compatible with HV (7.4V) receivers and servos.
- Flat or upright mounting orientations.
- Newly designed config GUI makes gyro setup simple and intuitive.
- Easy-to-use programming module for gyro setup without a PC.
- Main Controller: 32-bit MCU
- Sensor: 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer
- Gyroscope Scale Range: 2000 dps
- Accelerometer Scale Range: 4g
- Input Signal: Standard PPM with center point 1520uS, or S.Bus serial data
- Output Signal: PWM max frequency 333Hz, 1520500uS
- Input Voltage: 4.8V - 7.4V
- Operating Temp: -10 ℃ to 50 ℃
- Size: 432714mm
- Weight: 10g (excluding wires)
- Eagle A3 Super II Flight Stabilizer
- Programming module with LCD display
- NEW - 16V EZ-Plug capacitor to help maintain a secure voltage level during flight
- Data cable
- USB Adapter (to connect stabilizer to PC or programming module to PC)
- One 15cm male to male receiver cable
- Two 15cm male to male 3-way receiver cables
Tech Note: This is the only gyro we recommend for Gas and Nitro plane use as it has a dampening feature called "Response Rate" for vibration.
What's Included in the Box:
The newly designed Graphical User Interface (GUI) helps you accomplish all your gyro setup tasks in any easy to navigate, simple to use interface.
Wiring Example (Aux Mode -3)The new A3 Super II has 7 separate input channels and 5 output channels. This gyro is compatible with standard receivers and single-line/bus type receivers such as Futaba's S.Bus/S.Bus 2. Connect all the required channels between the controller and the receiver using the included 3-way male to male receiver cables. The flight stabilizer requires at least 3 receiver channels, up to 7 channels. The channels of AIL, ELE and RUD must be connected at all times otherwise the controller will not work.
Which Eagle Gyro is right for me?
|Sensor||2D Mode||3D Mode||Auto-Recovery||Auto-Hover||Remote Gain||S.Bus||HV||Upgradable||Price|
|A3 Super II||6-Axis||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||$$$|
IMPORTANT - Please Read This Carefully
- Proper setup of the Hobby Eagle Gyro is crucial. Read the gyro instruction manual completely before attempting to fly your aircraft. Failure to follow setup instructions can result in loss of control and inevitable damage to your aircraft.
- Ensure the gyro is installed in the proper orientation (see manual) and is mounted to a hard surface near the aircraft's CG point.
- When you first plug in your aircraft battery, keep your radio sticks in the centered positions and DO NOT move your aircraft for at least 10 seconds to allow the gyro to perform self-calibration. The gyro LED will blink blue rapidly for about 3 seconds while calibrating.
- It is crucial to verify that the gyro is moving the control surfaces in the correct direction BEFORE attempting to fly your aircraft. Failure to do so could result in loss of control or even a crash during flight.
- We strongly recommend that you setup one of your gyro control switches (3 position switch on your radio) to activate Gyro Disable. This safety feature will allow you to electronically bypass the gyro if you encounter a gyro setup issue during your maiden flight.
- ANY warranty claim for Hobby Eagle gyros applies to the gyro only, not the aircraft in which the gyro was installed.