FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair "Birdcage" 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP
FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair "Birdcage" 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP - FLW304P
The F4U Corsair was a carrier-based and land-based aircraft developed during WWII. Its unique inverted sea-gull wing is its distinctive feature, as well as its maneuverability and versatility to operate in many areas. Its powerful engine, producing a top speed of 640 kph, made the Corsair one of the fastest piston fighters in the world at that time. In the Pacific battlefield, it achieved an impressive 11:1 combat record. The Corsair remained in military service after WWII into the Korean war era and several continue to fly today with civilian operators.
This FlightLine F4U Corsair is approximately 1/8 scale, with a 1600mm wingspan and 1300mm length. We offer both the F4U-1A (“Birdcage” canopy) and F4U-1D (“Bubble Top” canopy) versions of the early three-bladed Corsair, and each version sports its own period-accurate factory paint scheme and includes appropriate decals from which users can choose their favorite to apply. Molded from EPO foam and featuring a scale shape with lots of plastic parts to enhance its scale fidelity and user friendliness, all the Corsair’s control surfaces are easily assembled with screws.
Like the FlightLine 1600mm Spitfire Mk.IX and Freewing A-10 Warthog, this Corsair also features a multi-material wing, utilizing foam, plywood, plastic, carbon tubes, and aluminum extrusions to provide a stronger wing than solid foam yet still lightweight and maneuverable. Scale lighting, scale six-panel flaps, scale landing gear, sharply molded panel lines and raised surfaces, and various other scale features make this the best big foam electric Corsair on the market today!
The FlightLine F4U Corsair stock PNP version is equipped with a 5055-390KV brushless outrunner motor and scale 3-blade propeller and 80A ESC. The specially molded large size propeller and all-new motor help power the Corsair through acrobatic maneuvers with ease while retaining a reasonable scale appearance. The model can cruise at ~40-50% throttle setting and loop consecutively at only 50%-60% throttle setting. Vertical performance is also excellent for a scale model this size! With the recommended Admiral 6S 5000mAh lipo battery, the F4U Corsair has a level top speed of 125kph/75mph, with 5-9 minutes of flight time depending on throttle management.
Takeoff is very stable without the need for flaps. The F4U can execute a wide range of maneuvers, including all scale maneuvers and additional non-scale acrobatics. Its aluminum suspension main struts and tall wheels provide confidence when operating on grass runways. All three landing gear are retractable, and the mains even feature three panel sequenced molded plastic gear doors for ultimate realism.
To give users an added element of versatility, the inside wall of the molded plastic cowl incorporates eight hidden tubes to house lead ballast, which users can add or remove depending on their preferred battery size (i.e. add ballast if flying a 4000mAh, remove ballast for 6,000+mAh). For users flying the recommended Admiral 6S 5000, no additional ballast is required other than what is already factory-installed. Refer to the manual for the recommended CG position.
An optional 3DPUP Cockpit Set is also available separately to further enhance the realism of this bold and beautiful F4U Corsair!
Visit the Official FlightLine 1600mm F4U-1A/D Corsair Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Model officially licensed by Northrop Grumman
- Grass capable landing gear with 5mm thick steel pin and metal trunion
- All new rotating main retract unit
- Metal suspension main struts with sequenced main gear doors
- Retractable tail wheel with scale detailing
- Scale four panel split flaps with rounded leading edge like the full scale
- Multi-material wing incorporates foam, plywood ribs, carbon spars, and aluminum joints for optimum strength
- DayBright LED wingtip lights and sequenced landing light
- 9g-17g digital hybrid servos, brass ball links, and nylon hinges on all control surfaces
- Large 18x12 (90% scale) diameter propeller with aluminum alignment and reinforcement plates
- Integrated ballast chamber concealed within the plastic cowl
- F4U-1A ("Birdcage" canopy) and F4U-1D ("Bubble" canopy) PNPs available in different paint schemes
- Each version contains two decal sets
- Admiral 6S 5000 provides 5-9 minutes average flight duration with throttle management
- FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair "Birdcage" 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP
- Motor, ESC, servos, LED lights and retracts pre-installed
- 6 Channel radio - select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel receiver - select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 - 6000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - we recommend Admiral 6 Cell 6000 mAh LiPo battery
- 6 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1 : 8 Scale
1600mm / 63in
2850g / 100.53oz (w/o battery)
CG (Center of Gravity)
100mm (3.93") from the leading edge of the wing at the root
6S 5055-340kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
80A, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
18x12 3-Blade Propeller
9g hybrid gear standard with 300mm lead : left gear door, right gear door
Electronic retractable main gear with all metal shock absorbing struts and retractable tail wheel with scale plastic details
6S 22.2V 4000-6000mAh LiPo with EC5 connector (required)
6 Channel (required)
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- February 15, 2019 - These are updated .STL cockpit files for the F4U-1D Bubbletop version of this model. These files have been modified and tested for a good fit for your FlightLine F4U-1D Bubbletop cockpit. Note: These files will not work properly for the F4U-1A Birdcage version. You can download the Bubbletop .STL files directly at this link.
- February 14, 2019 - These are updated .STL cockpit files for the F4U-1A Birdcage version of this model. These files have been modified and tested for a good fit for your FlightLine F4U-1A Birdcage cockpit. Note: These files will not work properly for the F4U-1D Bubbletop version. The updated .STL files for the Bubbletop version will be coming soon. You can download the Birdcage .STL files directly at this link.
- February 1, 2019 - The 3D parts that comprise the .STL files listed in the link below are not a perfect fit so some moderate trimming will be required. The side panels stick up beyond the canopy base so an additional panel piece (90 degrees from the top of the side panels) will need to be constructed. We hope to have these additional pieces added to the STL file download link in the near future.
- January 3, 2019 - For modelers with access to a 3D Printer or who want to use a third party 3D printing service, we are offering the original .STL files for free download. Modelers are responsible for preparing the file for their own printer’s specifications. These downloadable files are ideal for modelers who enjoy tinkering with printer settings and materials. Please note, we only provide the .STL files themselves; we cannot provide tech support for your specific printer. By downloading the .STL files, you agree to not monetize the file in any way without Motion RC’s express written consent. If you have your own 3D printer, or have access to one, you can download the STL files directly at this link. (There are 6 total STL cockpit files, formatted for 3D printing included in this .ZIP file).
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
I am very impressed with the level of detail and thought which has gone into this model.A first class product, a must have for any warbirds Flyer.
Very pleased with it , but a bit pricy
This bird really takes to the air and has a nice sound to it even tho it’s an electric.. maiden flight went without any mishaps .. very nice handling in the air an on landing just give her a 1/4 throttle on landing and it’s a Breeze to land. The bird came all in tack from motion rc no discrepancies to tell you about went together pretty easy just take your time and double check as you go.. other than that it’s worth every penny f it and will bring you lots of fun at the field...
So fair the best foam warbird that I have purchased great product for the money keep them coming
This is a really nice plane! I haven't flown it (I'm not ready yet), but it's well built and nicely detailed with decals for a couple of different versions. This goes together with screws and requires no gluing. Overall I'm very happy with my Corsair and Motion RC.
Grass field use
Hope you like replacing the main gear retract units if flying from grass, the shock loads easily bend the jackscrew -- $17 each time !
Motion RC was nice enough to support our recent War Bird event raffle and this plane really made a positive impact on our attendance and raffle sales. Thanks Motion RC, you are the greatest!
FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair "Birdcage" 1600mm (63")
This Corsair is one of the best planes I have, I did install receiver with stabilizer put the 3 axis settings low But with this plane it really dosen't need it, I just can't say enough about this plane and the support from Motion Rc.