FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP
- This pre-order is SOLD OUT. More units will be available in January 2017.
- The current expected arrival date for the first round of pre-orders is December 17, 2016. Any changes to the ETA will be posted on this page.
- This is a high demand product, so we strongly recommend pre-ordering if you wish to receive a unit from the first shipment.
- In order to hold your F7F Tigercat, your credit card or PayPal account will be billed at the time your pre-order is placed.
- Please DO NOT order spare parts with your pre-order unless you are willing to wait for them to ship with the plane. We do not ship spare parts separately before pre-order items.
FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP - FLW302P
The Grumman F7F Tigercat is a twin piston engine aircraft developed during World War II. Originally envisioned as a carrier-based naval fighter, the Tigercat underwent several iterations and was later optimized for a variety of roles. Although World War II ended before it become fully combat operational, many variants of the Tigercat went on to serve in the Korean War in capacities including as a night fighter, ground attack platform, and a dependable reconnaissance platform.
Today, the Tigercat’s renown as one of the highest performing piston driven aircraft in aviation history continues in peacetime at air races, air shows, and commemorative events celebrating the men and women who served with these aircraft.
Honoring this famed aircraft, Motion RC is proud to introduce the FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat, which is the world’s first mass production foam electric RC Tigercat. Officially licensed by Northrop Grumman, the FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat’s 1600mm wingspan and 1/10 sport scale matches our popular P-38 Lightning, and the two look excellent in flight formation together!
In the air, the FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat exhibits fantastic stability, is very easy to control at a wide speed range, and has a predictable stall with easy recovery. We designed this aircraft to be a superb balance between top speed, vertical performance, flight duration, convenient transport, sport scale realism, and overall scale presentation. This is our seventh FlightLineRC warbird and it continues to innovate and raise the value bar for its owners. Own your model of the first mass production foam electric F7F-3 Tigercat in the world, and set yourself apart at your flying field today!
Meticulously designed to incorporate EPO foam, wood, plastic, and carbon reinforcements, our design is easy to assemble and maintain, and delivers the strength and power to satisfy any RC airplane pilot. The main wing halves, horizontal stabilizer, and two engine nacelles each install with four screws. A new pliable ribbon wiring harness simplifies each wing connection to one instead of five, so the wing can be attached in less than one minute. The antenna and gun barrels are also designed to easily slide out to prevent damage during transport. A plastic nose cone, cowls, and doors are designed for longevity.
The generously sized battery bay can accommodate your batteries, receiver, and optional gyro in a cleanly organized layout. The full coverage plastic cabin doors are spring-hinged for simple and reliable operation and plastic radial engine details add realism to your model. To ensure a secure fit, the cockpit of this FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat is held on by both magnets and a sliding latch.
The FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat arrives with dependable electronics pre-installed, and every servo in the aircraft is a Digital Metal Gear servo. The aircraft uses our DayBright 3W LEDs for visibility. Static wingtip lights remain on, and the single landing light turns on only when the landing gear is down, for ultimate realism like the full scale aircraft.
As with other FlightLineRC warbirds, the F7F-3 Tigercat arrives expertly painted and ready to customize. Three tone painted engine detail sets the stage for a modeling detailer’s delight! Four sets of adhesive vinyl decals are also included in the box. Choose from these decals or recreate your own historic livery as you wish!
The F7F-3’s generous main wing area allows a short takeoff distance of 15-20 meters, and its 70mm diameter nose wheel and 80mm diameter main wheels and thick steel struts are excellent for operating on typical grass airfields. An optional aluminum compression strut upgrade is available for atypically rougher grass conditions. The Tigercat’s tricycle landing gear reduces the risk of tipping forward after landing, and makes taxing on the ground very stable. Four flaps slow the aircraft for controlled power on landings at low speed. We recommend a Down Elevator Mix to correspond with flap deployment.
For thrilling efficient power, the aircraft features a pair of 3748-600kv brushless motors, 3-blade 12x7 propellers (Standard and Reverse rotation), and two 60A ESCs. The Tigercat uses the same propeller blades as the FlightLineRC P-38, Sea Fury, F8F-1 Bearcat, and Spitfire Mk. IX. The model’s top speed is 125kph/78mph, and comfortable flight duration ranges between 5 and 7 minutes on either a pair of 4s 3000mAh or 4s 3600mAh lipo batteries, respectively. For even faster speeds approaching 155kph/97mph and extended vertical performance, an optional Sport Power System utilizing 3648-880kv motors and 2-Blade 12x8 propellers is available for separate purchase.
- Scale profile, accurate wing dihedral, and precisely modeled overall aircraft proportions
- Removable wings for easy transport
- Scale three blade propeller achieves 78 mph and scale plus thrust
- Four different decal sets included inside the box for you to choose from
- Day-bright LEDs and accurately actuating landing gear light
- Large cabin space for easy placement of the batteries and radio equipment
- Durable electric retractable landing gear with metal trunnions and 4mm steel wire struts
- Tall foam rubber wheels for optimal handling on paved surfaces and short grass fields
- FlightLineRC F7F Tigercat 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP
- Motor, ESC, servos, lights and retracts pre-installed
- Minimum 6 Channel Radio - Click Here for recommendations
- 6 Channel Receiver - Click Here for recommendations
- Two 4 Cell 14.8V 3000mAh to 3600mAh LiPo battery with T Connector – We recommend 2 of the Admiral 4 Cell 3600mAh LiPos
1600mm / 63in
1400mm / 55in
Weight (w/o battery)
3200g / 113oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||65-73mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
3748-600Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor (Stock scale power system)
Electronic Speed Control
Two 60A Brushless ESCs with T connectors
Propeller / EDF
12x7 3 Blade Propeller / 12x8 2 Blade Propeller High Performance Version (optional)
9g Digital Metal Gear Standard with 550mm lead: Left Aileron, Right Aileron
|Landing Gear||Electric retracts with metal trunions|
Two 4 Cell 14.8v 3000mAh to 3600mAh batteries with T-connector
6 Channel 2.4GHz
Nylon hinges on all surfaces
|Build Time||2-3 Hours|
|Recommended Environment||Outdoor, minimum 200 foot runway, pavement recommended, less than 2" tall smooth grass|
Product Spare Parts