FlightLine RC P-38L Lightning "Allied Green" 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP
FlightLine RC P-38L Lightning "Allied Green" 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP - FLW3012P
The legendary P-38 “Lightning” revolutionized aviation history in World War II. Designed by a skilled team of engineers led by Clarence Johnson and Hal Hibbard, the P-38 was the only American fighter that was continually produced from before Pearl Harbor in 1941 to after the Japanese surrender in 1945. Over 9,900 P-38s were built, 3,810 of which were the superior P-38L variant. Revered by its foes as the “fork tailed devil”, the P-38 excelled as a fighter, interceptor, reconnaissance platform, long range escort, and as a ground attack aircraft. The aircraft also famously shot down Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto’s aircraft during “Operation Vengeance” on April 18, 1943.
FlightLine RC’s P-38 represents the pinnacle of engineering for a foam electric P-38. It is the largest mass-produced foam electric P-38 in the world, with a high level of quality and scale fidelity. We know our customers have been waiting for a large P-38 with good size, clean wiring, and scale lines. The wait is over, it’s here!
The Flightline P-38 was designed for easy operation. Its outer wings disassemble with four screws for convenient transportation and allowing the aircraft to sit on all three wheels without the outer wings attached. FlightLine RC’s P-38 Lightning features durable electronic retractable landing gear, five sequenced servo driven landing gear doors, day-bright LEDs, machine gun details, plastic nose cone and cowls, four flaps, accurate canopy and nacelle shape, and many other scale details. Each rudder is directly controlled by its own servo. The cockpit layout accommodates a wide range of 4S 14.8v Li-Po batteries with ample space for electronics. To ensure a high degree of structural rigidity, the entire model was designed around a special framework of carbon rods and reinforcement points. This framework strengthens the aircraft during high speed maneuvers, while still providing a gentle and forgiving flying behavior.
The stock PNP version is equipped with two 3748 brushless outrunner motors and two 12x7 3-blade counter-rotating propellers for the perfect scale appearance. With the recommended 4S 14.8v 5000mAh (one battery per side or a single battery with your series adapter), the P-38 boasts sufficient power for large consecutive loops and a level top speed of 81mph. An optional “Upgrade Kit” can be purchased separately to obtain a level top speed of 94mph; click the Upgrades tab above.
The “Allied Green” scheme includes four decal sets from various squadrons in Europe and other theaters. Choose which decal set you want to apply to make your P-38 unique among your friends! The decals are "peel and stick", made with a very thin adhesive vinyl which is easy to apply and does not require water.
Visit the Official FlightLine RC P-38 Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Model officially licensed by Lockheed Martin
- Scale profile, accurate wing diherdral, and precisely modeled overall aircraft proportions
- Removable outer wings for easy transport
- Scale three blade propeller achieves 81 mph and vertical climbing capability
- Four different decal sets included inside the box for you to choose from
- Day-bright LEDs
- Large cabin space for easy placement of the battery and radio equipment
- Improved spinner and propeller mounting design to enable better balance
- Durable Electric retractable landing gear with metal trunions and 4mm steel wire struts
- Sequenced plastic gear doors for realistic operation
- Tall foam rubber wheels for optimal handling on paved surfaces and short, evenly cut grass fields
- FlightLine RC P-38L Lightning "Allied Green" 1600mm (63") Wingspan - (PNP)
- Motor, ESC, servos and retracts pre-installed
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- Two 4 Cell 14.8V 2500mAh to 3000mAh LiPo battery with XT60 Connector – We recommend 2 of the Admiral 4 Cell 14.8V 2500mAh Pro LiPo batteries
- OR One Admiral 4 Cell 14.8v 5000mAh battery with XT60 connector
- 4 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
- An optional “High Power Upgrade Set” can be purchased separately to obtain speeds of 94mph+. The Upgrade Set includes two 3648 motors, two 12x8 2-blade counter-rotating propellers, and two 2-blade spinners. Click the Upgrades Tab above for more details.
1600mm / 63in
1168mm / 46in
Weight (w/o battery)
3150g / 111oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||65-70mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
3748-600Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor (Stock scale power system)
Electronic Speed Control
60A Brushless with XT60 connector
Propeller / EDF
12x7 3 Blade Propeller / 12x8 2 Blade Propeller High Performance Version (optional)
9g standard with 300mm lead: nose gear door
|Landing Gear||Electric retracts with metal trunions|
Two 4 Cell 14.8v 2500mAh to 3000mAh batteries with XT60 connector, or One 4 Cell 14.8v 5000mAh battery with XT60 connector
6+ Channel 2.4GHz
Nylon and foam hinges
|Build Time||3-4 Hours|
|Recommended Environment||Outdoor, minimum 200 foot runway, pavement recommended, less than 1" tall smooth grass|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- Feb 6, 2017 - There has been some confusion in the forums regarding the twin ESC wiring setup for this model. Extensive testing has been done in direct partnership with the ESC manufacturer, culminating in hundreds of successful flights without the need for removing any of the power (red) wires from one of the ESCs BEC. Both ESCs Y-harnessed together are plugged into the receiver's single throttle channel without the need for ANY red wires being removed.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Recently Viewed Products
This is my first "upscale" foamie and I'm blown away by the quality and technology.
Nice plane, been a avid builder for 35 years. My wife bought me this P38 for Christmas. Plane came in good time and was kept updated as it was coming. Out of the box everything looked great. Plane was well packed. Did not have any damage at all. Everything fit together very good with no problems. All of the leads and wiring is straight forward and all worked properly and the way it should when I tried it the first time. Only fault was when installing the servo rods to the control surfaces the two left over for the ailerons were too short. I just made up some new ones. I added the upgraded suspension oleo's, very easy to do and should be great for our grass fields here.. I did spend alot of time detailing the plane with gun fire burns, panel line weathering, and weathering to the canopy and leading edges. Great looking plane and designed very well. As a long time builder I give it two thumbs up but I still love building. I would recommend this plane to anyone. Looking forward to flying it when the snow is gone. Regards Uncle Kracker
Been waiting for a replacement part.
So far the only thing I can review is the assembly. Will have to do another for flight review. I can say customer service is great and helpful.
Recieved the airplane. Took about 10 days to arrive. The people at Motion were awesome to deal with. Very helpful band had answers to all of my questions. The plane arrived packaged very well. The plane looks great and everything is there and free of damage. Have not done any assembly as of yet but will do another update. Again thanks Motion RC.
Awesome P-38, but still needed some modifications
Love this P-38 went together well and flies very well. Main modification was to change out main power wiring. Put both ESC in parallel and added a BEC. Disconnected red 5v lead from ESC’s. Added upgraded gear.
FlightLine RC P-38L Lightning "Allied Green" 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP
This product was beyond my expectations. This was the absolute most detailed foam model I have ever owned. They way they reinforce it with wood, fiberglass, carbon fiber, and plastic in all the right places internally and externally is amazing. quality is top notch. I wish the instructions received were better but the online video really helped with the assembly the most.
Hardly any trimming and the instructions were dead on with servo throws... Super stable in flight and would strongly state buy the Landing gear upgrade.... Video of the the installation is on You Tube....
Love it Very nice flying plane
Flightline P-38L Lightning "ALLIED GREEN"
1. Excellent ARF for the money. 2. Easy to assemble. 3. minimal confusion on building plans and videos on MOTION RC. 4. BEST Superior designed P-38L model I've purchased in very long time. 5. This P-38L is every thing shes cut out to be in flying and maneuvering. 6. Excellent quality (NOTE I PURCHASED 2X P-38L ARFS) NO Regrets. THANKS: firstname.lastname@example.org