FMS P-40B Warhawk Flying Tiger 1400mm (55") Wingspan - PNP
This product is discontinued
Spare parts available below
FMS P-40B Warhawk Flying Tiger 1400mm (55") Wingspan - PNP - FMS081P
Finally, the 1400mm FMS P-40 is back but this time it has been completely redesigned from the ground up. This new 1400mm P40 has absolutely nothing in common with the old version. The "Flying Tigers" livery for this 1400mm warbird were taken from the popular FMS 980mm P-40B Warhawk. All the stops were pulled out for this plane. The 1400mm P-40 shares the same ESC found in the other FMS 1400mm warbirds but this P-40B has a more optimized motor and prop. Additionally, a brand new retract was developed specifically for this plane. 17g metal gear servos are prodominent throughout the plane for maximum durability.
The Flying Tigers consisted of three fighter squadrons with about 30 aircraft each. It trained in Burma before the American entry into World War II with the mission of defending China against Japanese forces. The group of volunteers were officially members of the Chinese Air Force. The Tigers' shark-faced fighters remain among the most recognizable of any individual combat aircraft and combat unit of World War II, and they demonstrated innovative tactical victories when the news in the U.S. was filled with little more than stories of defeat at the hands of the Japanese forces.
The group first saw combat on 20 December 1941, 12 days after Pearl Harbor. It achieved notable success during the lowest period of the war for U.S. and Allied Forces, giving hope to Americans that they would eventually succeed against the Japanese. They are officially credited with 296 enemy aircraft destroyed.If you are a fan of Military aircraft, you’ll understand the glorious history of the P-40B Flying Tiger. The Flying Tiger played an important role and had a brilliant record in China during WWII.
To pay homage to this classic warbird, FMS has revived it again after numerous studies, testing and redesign. In the real world battleground P-40s were not as devastating as the P-51. However in the RC model world, the FMS P-40 shows extraordinary talents. The stable flying performance will rival any other warbird. The new high-magnification foam greatly reduces the flying weight. The scale appearance allows it to be a great static model as well as an excellent flyer.
Visit the Official FMS P-40B Warhawk Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- The retracts are all new and specifically developed for this plane
- New upgraded 4258-KV650 motor and 70A ESC
- Shock absorbing metal oleo landing gear struts
- Retractable tail wheel with metal trunnion
- No more foam hinges! Nylon hinge material on control surfaces
- Screw in servo pockets. No more glued in servos! A bad servo can be replaced with 2 screws
- Digital metal gear servos throughout
- Ball links on all control surfaces
- Split flaps with an amazing amount of detail
- Easy single wire quick connectors to remove the wings
- Slide out battery tray for easy battery changes
- Super high fidelity scale detail throughout
- 55" FMS P-40B Warhawk Flying Tiger - (PNP)
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 4 Cell 14.8V 3600 - 4000 mAh Lipo Battery with XT60 connector - we recommend the Admiral 3600mAh 4S 14.8V 40C LiPo Battery with XT60 Connector
- 4 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
55.1in / 1400mm
46.9in / 1192mm
|CG (Center of Gravity)||50 - 55mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
|Brushless 4258-KV650 (installed)|
Electronic Speed Control
70 Amp with XT60 Connector
Propeller / EDF
14 x 8 3-blade propeller
6x 17g metal digital, 1x 9g metal digital (installed)
|Landing Gear||Electric retractable|
4 Cell 14.8V 3600 - 4000mAh LiPo with XT60 Connector (required)
6+ channel transmitter (required)
|Build Time||1-2 Hours|
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- June 17, 2016 - We prefer a CG of 70mm as opposed to the CG in the manual. We also prefer the 4000mAh battery.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center