FMS P-40B Warhawk High Speed 980mm (38.6") Wingspan - PNP
FMS 980mm (38.6") P-40B Warhawk High Speed - Plug N Play (PNP) - FMS075
The 980mm High Speed P-40B Warhawk PNP is another fantastic warbird from FMS. Besides an accurate color livery representing American WWII Ace Robert Tharp "RT" Smith, of the AVG, popularly known as the "Flying Tigers", expect way more than scale speed from this plane. The guys at Motion RC have been flying and testing this plane regularly. We used an extremely accurate radar gun and consistently clock between 95mph and 100mph on high speed runs. Some have even seen approximately 104mph out of the box. Yes, this bird is extremely fast. We fly straight and level over the runway and average the passes in each direction to get these figures. You can optionally go to a non scale 2 blade prop (not included) to achieve higher speeds well in excess of 100mph. We think the speed is just fine on the stock 3 blade prop. If you are not a speed guy, you will still enjoy this plane since we find it nice and stable at half throttle. Vertical is essentially unlimited. The High Speed Warhawk, manufactured using lightweight but highly durable EPO foam, comes equipped with 4 metal gear digital servos. Ball link connectors are used replacing the traditional clevis for a more positive link to control surfaces, and two composite spars are used in the wing for added strength when making those “High Speed” passes over your flying site.
The Curtiss P-40 Warhawk was an American single-engined, single-seat, all-metal fighter and ground-attack aircraft that first flew in 1938. The P-40 design was a modification of the previous Curtiss P-36 Hawk which reduced development time and enabled a rapid entry into production and operational service. The Warhawk was used by most Allied powers during World War II, and remained in frontline service until the end of the war. It was the third most-produced American fighter, after the P-51 and P-47; by November 1944, when production of the P-40 ceased, 13,738 had been built.
The Flying Tigers consisted of three fighter squadrons with about 30 aircraft each. It trained in Burma before the American entry into World War II with the mission of defending China against Japanese forces. The group of volunteers were officially members of the Chinese Air Force.
The Tigers' shark-faced fighters remain among the most recognizable of any individual combat aircraft and combat unit of World War II, and they demonstrated innovative tactical victories when the news in the U.S. was filled with little more than stories of defeat at the hands of the Japanese forces.
The group first saw combat on 20 December 1941, 12 days after Pearl Harbor. It achieved notable success during the lowest period of the war for U.S. and Allied Forces, giving hope to Americans that they would eventually succeed against the Japanese. They are officially credited with 296 enemy aircraft destroyed.
- Modular Motor Board allows use of both 3536 and 3648 motors for both standard and high speed versions
- This High Speed version is equipped with a 770Kv motor and 70Amp ESC to handle 4S batteries with ease to achieve 95-100 mph
- Accurate color livery representing American WWII Ace Robert Tharp "RT" Smith, of the AVG, popularly known as the "Flying Tigers"
- Super scale appearance including hand-painted pilot, 3-blade prop, detailed cockpit, authentic graphics and aux fuel tank
- Newly designed ball link control hardware replaces traditional clevises
- Quick assembly using only a screwdriver and a few drops of glue
- LED Navigation lights for those dusk/dawn patrols
- Manufactured from durable EPO foam
- One piece wing with spars molded into the wing
- FMS 980mm (38.6") P-40B Warhawk High Speed - Plug N Play (PNP)
- Digital Metal Gear servos on ailerons, elevator and rudder, slow servos on Flaps
- Strong and robust e-retracts with metal trunnions for long service life
- 6 Channel Radio - Click Here for recommendations
- 6 Channel Receiver - Click Here for recommendations
4 Cell 14.8V 2200 mAh Pro Lipo Battery - ADM22004PRO
- Lipo Battery Charger - Click Here for recommendations
- 4 Cell 14.8V 2500 mAh Pro Lipo Battery (CG's perfectly without any modification and is great for sustained high speed use) - ADM25004PRO
980mm / 38.6in
865mm / 34in
|CG (Center of Gravity)||50-55 mm back from the leading edge of wing at wing root|
|Brushless 3648-770Kv (installed)|
Electronic Speed Control
70A with 5A SBEC (installed)
Propeller / EDF
10.5 x 7 3-Blade
9g digital metal gear Servo x 4 (ailerons, elevator, rudder), 9g digital nylon gear servo X2 (flaps) - all pre-installed
|Landing Gear||Rotating E-retracts with metal trunnions (installed)|
14.8V 4S 2200mAh-2500mAh 35C+ Li-Po (required)
Minimum 6 Channel full range Radio (required)
|Build Time||1 Hour|
Product Spare Parts