FMS P-47 Green 1700mm (67") Wingspan - PNP
This product is discontinued
Spare parts available below
FMS 1700mm (67") P-47 Thunderbolt Green Receiver Ready (PNP) - FMS042GREEN
The Republic P-47 Thunderbolt was one of the largest and heaviest fighter aircraft in history to be powered by a single piston engine. It was heavily armed with eight .50-caliber machine guns, four per wing. When fully loaded, the P-47 weighed up to eight tons, and in the fighter-bomber ground-attack roles could carry five-inch rockets or a significant bomb load of 2,500 pounds; it could carry over half the payload of the B-17 bomber on long-range missions (although the B-17 had a far greater range). The P-47, based on the powerful Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp engine—the same engine used by two very successful U.S. Navy fighters, the Grumman F6F Hellcat and Vought F4U Corsair—was to be very effective as a short-to-medium range escort fighter in high-altitude air-to-air combat and, when unleashed as a fighter-bomber, proved especially adept at ground attack in both the World War II European and Pacific Theaters.
The P-47 was one of the main United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) fighters of World War II, and served with other Allied air forces, notably those of France, Britain, and Russia. Mexican and Brazilian squadrons fighting alongside the U.S. were equipped with the P-47.
The armored cockpit was roomy inside, comfortable for the pilot, and offered good visibility. A modern-day U.S. ground-attack aircraft, the Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II, takes its name from the P-47.
Note: The 1700mm FMS P-47D Thunderbolt is a wonderful giant-sized warbird. Although this warbird demonstrates some trainer-like flight qualities, we recommend advanced pilots with plenty of warbird flight training due to its size and power.
- Updated model - new scale canopy, new FMS designed retracts, new revised with for extra strength
- 25g digital metal gear servos for elevator, rudder, ailerons, flaps
- Easy to transport - Two screws and one wire to remove each wing
- Massive 1700mm wingspan for true scale appearance and performance
- New FMS Designed heavy duty servoless retracts
- Huge 85A ESC and 5060-300KV motor
- 17" super scale 4 blade propeller
- Retractable main and tail gear
- Durable EPO Foam
- 6 Channel Radio - Click Here for recommendations
- 6 Channel Receiver - Click Here for recommendations
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh Lipo Battery - EPR40006 or 6 cell 22.2V 4500 mAh LiPo battery - EPR45006
- Lipo Battery Charger - Click Here for recommendations
1700mm / 66.9in
1520mm / 59.8in
5060-Kv300 Brushless Motor
85A, Internal 8A SBEC, T Connector
Propeller / EDF
17x10 4 Blade
25g×7 (digital metal) and 9gx2
Electronic Retracts (main gear and tail)
22.2V 4000 - 4500mAh 25C 6 cell LiPo
Product Spare Parts