FMS P-47 Thunderbolt Silver 1700mm (67") Wingspan - PNP
This product is discontinued
Spare parts available below
FMS 1700mm (67") P-47 Thunderbolt Silver Receiver Ready (PNP) - FMS042SILVER
The P-47 was one of the main United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) fighters of World War II, and served with other Allied air forces, notably those of France, Britain, and Russia. Mexican and Brazilian squadrons fighting alongside the U.S. were equipped with the P-47.
The armored cockpit was roomy inside, comfortable for the pilot, and offered good visibility. A modern-day U.S. ground-attack aircraft, the Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II, takes its name from the P-47.
- Model officially licensed by Northrop Grumman
- Updated 4/2014 - New revised landing gear struts for extra strength, new FMS designed retracts, and scale canopy.
- 25g digital metal gear servos for elevator, rudder, ailerons, flaps
- Easy to transport - Two screws and one wire to remove each wing
- Massive 1700mm wingspan for true scale appearance and performance
- New FMS Designed heavy duty servoless retracts
- Huge 85A ESC and 5060-300KV motor
- 17" super scale 4 blade propeller
- Retractable tail gear
- Durable EPO Foam
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4500 - 5000 mAh Lipo Battery with EC5 connector - We recommend EPR45006E
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1700mm / 66.9in
1520mm / 59.8in
5060-Kv300 Brushless Motor
85A, Internal 8A SBEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
17x10 4 Blade
25g×7 (digital metal) and 9gx2
Electronic Retracts (main gear and tail)
6 Cell 22.2V 4500 - 5000 mAh Lipo Battery with EC5 connector (required)
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- April 13, 2014 - The 1700mm FMS P-47D Thunderbolt is a wonderful giant-sized warbird. Although this warbird demonstrates some trainer-like flight qualities, we recommend advanced pilots with plenty of warbird flight training due to its size and power. This 1700mm P-47 has revised landing gear struts as of 4/2014 resulting in far greater strength. Please watch our flight demonstration video. This video was a single take on a very windy day and really highlights how well this plane flies. The flight characteristics are as amazing as the large scale. While this plane is extremely large, transportation is not an issue - simply remove 2 screws and a single cable to disconnect a wing. It does not get any more simple. This 1700mm plane is an absolute pleasure to fly. While a lot of people say this, we truly mean it.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
I have the 1700 P 51 and thought it couldn't get any better ....but this airplane is just that....rock solid, great performance and a really nice looking paint scheme.....lots of power and easy to roll on the landings.....it won't disappoint.....
Was able to maiden model 3 flights after some delays due to waiting for replacement tailwheel retract and gear sequencer. Couldn't get the TW gear doors to close fully without impeding the retract action. May fiddle with this. Model flew great, only minor trim 3 clicks up, 3 clicks left. Used half flaps to land, worked well. Control throws per manual just fine. Not slow, but not fast, speed OK. Replaced the plastic pins on the main gear clamshell doors with longer metal pins - routed a groove and JB Weld epoxy to hold new pins. Replaced all pushrods and nylon clevises (except gear doors) with 2-56 metal clevises and EZ connectors, just for ease of mind. Tech support really good! Thanks Matt!
Still waiting on TW retract replacement
This thing is a monster of a plane but fly's like a gentle giant. The only issues i have had so far are the tail landing gear door mechanism broke on me. So i gutted the insides and just added a pen spring across the doors, win lol. Here is a link to a video to show you how it works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk1xlxhS3S4&feature=youtu.be
I recently purchased this 'Jug' and I could not be happier with it's scale details and flight characteristics! I can really put this one up,up & away, high in the sky, and not lose orientation or feel like she is about to get away from me. Scale aerobatics and landings are spot on for this classic airframe; the feared P47 Thunderbolt. It seems like about every plane I buy here, be it FMS or Dynam, the retracts burn up practically right out of the boxâ€¦but the gents at Motion RC are always there for me, and right on the fix, with new ones on the way! At no time ever or anywhere, have I experienced this level of excellent customer service and product accountability! Motion RC just flat out ROCKS, and this "Jabo auf TOTEN" (as named by the Wehrmacht) does too! As with my 57" FMS P51, I had to repaint the pilot figure to accurate WWII USAAF colors, but at least it comes with one & is molded to look awesome and very scale. I added some head-armor behind his back, painted and cut to shape for the final touchâ€¦as it came he was glued in way-too laid back with nothing resembling a head rest or armor. IMHO, it just killed the look! Thats' just the way I Roll. I also painted black tiger stripes on the upper wings and fuseâ€¦this helps me see top-from-bottom on an otherwise, all silver aircraft and the camo stripes in flat black, really makes this Jug POP, in the looks department! I really love this planeâ€¦but you will need a good amount of airspace to fly'er like you stole her! LOL! I think the F4U in this FMS offering is on my horizon this summer! "Try itâ€¦you'll like it!"
The FMS P-47 is my first foamy after almost 20 years as a giant scale builder. Its certainly exceeded my expectations in both fit and finish. Assembly was fast and easy, except for a bit of carving the fit my 6S 5000Mah battery as far forward as possible. To balance at the 90mm CG I had to add 13oz of lead, cast into the plastic cowl. This amount of weight was a bit of a surprise. The electric landing gear is as slick as the Robarts I have in several planes.A lot of planer the money.
I have had the opportunity to fly all of the FMS 1700mm series, including owning the Mustang, and now the Jug. I can say for sure that I like the P47 the most. Others have said it is under-powered, but I have to disagree. I was very content to fly the stock powertrain at about 65% throttle. I find myself flying very close to WOT with the Mustang, but the P47 seemed like it zipped along with less power. I had a mishap on its maiden flight where the little clips that hold the wheels on failed, but after contacting MotionRC, they immediately took care of me! This was the first time I have had any issue with a product from Motion, (I have purchased many) and as I suspected, they made it right, and fast!! A+
I own the Corsair and the p-51 of this same size and this model is awesome like the rest. Fantastic detail, easy assembly and superior materials make it an excellent representation of this magnificent aircraft. If your looking for scale flight couple this killer with the spectrum AS3X AR9350 receiver and program to perfection.
Went together quickly. Spend some time balancing the prop, it's worth it! Very true flyer. Upgrade to the kv360 motor is highly recommended. Plenty of room to install Mr. RC Sound. Increases realism by a factor of 5. Keep an eye on suspension screw. Works itself loose easily. Use some thread locker to fix. Very scale looking in flight. Many favorable comments at the field. Old gas flyers try not to stare. :-)
Motion RC has a new European website
Go there instead?