FMS P-51D Mustang Ferocious Frankie 1700mm (67") Wingspan - PNP
This product is discontinued
Spare parts available below
FMS 1700mm (67") P-51D Mustang Ferocious Frankie Receiver Ready (PNP) - FMS041YELLOW
The North American Aviation P-51 Mustang was an American long-range, single-seat fighter and fighter-bomber used during World War II, the Korean War and other conflicts. The Mustang was conceived, designed and built by North American Aviation (NAA) in response to a specification issued directly to NAA by the British Purchasing Commission.
The Mustang was originally designed to use the Allison V-1710 engine, which had limited high-altitude performance. It was first flown operationally by the Royal Air Force (RAF) as a tactical-reconnaissance aircraft and fighter-bomber (Mustang Mk I). The addition of the Rolls-Royce Merlin to the P-51B/C model transformed the Mustang's performance at altitudes above 15,000 ft, matching or bettering that of the Luftwaffe's fighters. The definitive version, the P-51D, was powered by the Packard V-1650-7, a license-built version of the Rolls-Royce Merlin 60 series two-stage two-speed supercharged engine, and armed with six .50 caliber (12.7 mm) M2 Browning machine guns.
The P-51 was also in service with Allied air forces in the North African, Mediterranean and Italian theaters, and saw limited service against the Japanese in the Pacific War. During World War II, Mustang pilots claimed 4,950 enemy aircraft shot down.
Despite the advent of jet fighters, the Mustang remained in service with some air forces until the early 1980s. After World War II and the Korean War, many Mustangs were converted for civilian use, especially air racing, and increasingly, preserved and flown as historic warbird aircraft at airshows.
- Massive 1700mm wingspan for true scale appearance and performance
- 25g digital metal gear servos for elevator, rudder, ailerons, and flaps
- FMS designed retracts with metal trunnions for better durability and scale open/close speed (6 seconds)
- Huge 85A ESC and 5060-300KV motor
- 17" super scale 4 blade propeller
- Retractable main and tail gear
- Durable EPO Foam
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4500 - 5000 mAh Lipo Battery with EC5 connector - We recommend EPR45006E
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1700mm / 66.9in
1490mm / 58.2in
5060-Kv300 Brushless Motor
85A, Internal 8A SBEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
17x10 4 Blade
25g×6 (digital metal), 17gx1, 9gx3
Electronic Retracts (main gear and tail)
6 Cell 22.2V 4500 - 5000 mAh Lipo Battery with EC5 connector (required)
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- April 13, 2014 - The 1700mm FMS P-51D Mustang is a wonderful giant-sized warbird. Although this warbird demonstrates some trainer-like flight qualities, we recommend advanced pilots with plenty of warbird flight training due to its size and power.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center