FMS Piper J3 Cub V2 Yellow 1410mm (55.5") Wingspan - PNP
This product is discontinued
Spare parts available below
FMS 1400mm (55.5") Piper J3 Cub Version 2 in Classic Yellow Color Scheme - Receiver Ready (PNP) - FMS035
One of the most famous high wing, light-sport aircraft ever to be built, the Piper J3 cub is a historical icon. Built between 1937 and 1947 by Piper Aircraft, the original plane was designed to be a tandem seat trainer, but the plane was so easy to fly, it became one of the most popular planes for general civil aviation.
This FMS 55" (1400mm) wing span version of the classic plane is every bit as detailed as the original. And it flys just like the real plane - smooth, stable and responsive. The J3 Cub is a perfect "2nd Model" after you have completed practice with a beginner level aircraft. If you have only flown "belly landers" in the past, the Piper Cub is also a great plane to practice take-offs and landings with its tail dragger design and large rubber tires. Enjoy this piece of aviation history, now in a 1400mm large scale size.
- Scale details including clear glass canopy, hand painted pilot figure, multi-point wing struts, and authentic Piper Cub graphics
- Large, spring dampened landing gear help smooth out rough landings.
- Two blade prop for performance and durability
- Steerable tail wheel makes it easy to taxi on the ground and makes it fun for touch and go practice
- Main wing easily removes for easy transportation
- Rugged plastic engine cowl
- High wing design provides very stable platform at slow speeds, while also allowing for acrobatics such as loops, stall turns, rolls, reverse half Cubans, and more
- Durable EPO Foam
- 4 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 4 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 4 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 4 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 3 Cell 11.1V 1800 mAh Lipo Battery with EC3 Connector - EPR18003E
- 3 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 3 cell (3S) charger from our Charger Collection
1410mm / 55.5in
900mm / 35.4in
1270g / 44.8oz
3536-KV900 Brushless Motor
40A ESC with EC3 Connector
Propeller / EDF
11x7 Two Blade Propeller
9g x 4
Fixed main gear with steerable tail wheel
11.1V 1800mAh 25C 3 cell LiPo with EC3 Connector
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- May 1, 2014 - We are shipping the updated and improved FMS J3 Cub - Updates include:
- New type of EPO foam is lighter to save weight, increase flight duration, and increase performance
- The position of the main wing has been moved slightly and the main wing has been updated
- The change in design and position of the main wing means lead ballast is no longer added by the factory to maintain the center of gravity (CG)
- The position of the cockpit has also changed slightly for improved CG and flight characteristics
- The fuselage has been updated and improved
- The cowl has been updated due to the new position of the motor and prop shaft in the fuse
- Due to all the changes above the plane is lighter and flight characteristics have improved. Overall weight savings is about 5% compared to the old plane.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center