FMS Sky Trainer 182 V2 5ch Blue 1410mm (55.5") Wingspan - PNP
This product is discontinued
Spare parts available below
FMS 1400mm (55.5") Sky Trainer 182 V2 Blue - Receiver Ready (PNP) - FMS007-ATBLUE
This is a slightly upgraded version of the FMS Sky Trainer V2. The primary change from the previous model is a new shock absorbing nose gear which is more resilient after hard or off-balance landings. This plane is a favorite of Motion RC because of the awesome scale flaps, bright LED navigation lights, and overall level of detail. In addition, we absolutely love flying this plane when relaxing, scale flight is needed.
While the plane offers excellent scale characteristics, it is still capable of non-scale maneuvers such as rolls, loops, and inverted flight. Scale landings and takeoffs look fantastic and are equally enjoyable for the pilot and onlookers. We think everyone should have a Sky Trainer in their hangar. We return to this plane again and again even though we have a huge selection of planes to fly.
Visit the Official FMS Sky Trainer V2 Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- New shock absorbing nose landing gear with heavy duty strut
- Upgraded version of the best-selling FMS Sky Trainer. Upgrades include new LED lights, flaps, carbon wing tub, and higher power motor.
- Scale details including smoked glass canopy, ribbed control surfaces, steerable nose gear, reinforced wing struts and chrome spinner
- Working flaps add to the realism and help with takeoffs and landings
- 5 bright LED navigation lights: wing tips, landing light, and flashing red on vertical stabilizer
- Removable EPO cowl
- Large battery compartment with locking hatch
- Durable EPO Foam
- 5 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 5 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 5 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 5 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 3 Cell 11.1V 2200 mAh Lipo Battery with XT60 Connector - we recommend the Admiral 2200mAh 3S 11.1V 35C LiPo Battery with XT60 Connector
- 3 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 3 cell (3S) charger from our Charger Collection
1410mm / 55.5in
1100mm / 43.3in
3536-KV850 Brushless Motor
40A ESC, XT60 Connector
Propeller / EDF
11x6 Three Blade Propeller
9g x 6
Fixed main gear with steerable nose
3 Cell 11.1V 2200 mAh Lipo Battery with XT60 Connector
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- October 12, 2018 - The leads in the wings of the 182 labeled GEAR are actually the leads for the FLAPS. The three leads in the wings labeled as FLAP are actually just the LED leads. These three leads are all 2-wire leads that go into a 3-wired connector on the corresponding Y-harness that has an additional connector for the tail LED.
- November 9, 2013 - Note to beginners: The FMS Sky Trainer is a fabulous flying plane, but we do not recommend it for hobbyists new to RC airplanes. If you are a beginner and already have success on a high wing trainer, this plane is fine for you. If you are brand new to the hobby and have never flown, there are much better options. Beginners will NOT have success with this plane.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Beautiful flying machine. I moved the ESC to the pilot section to make it easier to situate the battery and control the CG. I also had to cut a bit of the fuselage to properly fit the vertical stabilizer.
I most likely would have given it 5 stars, but on my maiden flight the yaw servo went bad. I didn't want to put up with the hassle to get a replacement. Other then that it flies great and with the lights is super realistic. One thing I noticed is the flaps dont deflect much. But it still comes in nice and gentle.
Great plane, easy assembly!
Great airplane . Motion rc service is 2nd. To none. Great people to work with. Very helpful in all aspects.
Fly's great. Cabane wing struts do not bond well with foam wing, and I'm using muti-purpose "Gorilla -glue.
The lights are a cool touch! Have not got a chance to fly it yet.
The Sky Trainer was well packaged, nothing was broken and all the pieces were there. It's fairly easy to put together except for the vertical stabilizer assembly. The nose steering/rudder servo is kinda fragile, the gears stripped on the first ground impact. I do have to agree that is is not a "beginner aircraft", but after one nose plant and one tree impact, it still flies. A very good plane for the money.
I love this plane, it flys great right out of the box. First time up only needed very little trim. After about 6 or 7 touch and gos and one kinda harsh landing, the steering servo stripped out. After replacing it with a metal gear she can handle landings with no problems. I'm running the 2600 mah Admiral batteries and with normal flying I can get 8 to 9 minutes of flight time on a fairly calm day. I also went from the original 11-6 prop to a 10-7 for a little more ground clearance off the grass.
Great plane, got here very fast, and the build was fun and easy. I'm new to the hobby and I had no issues with the build. Plane looks beautiful and is looks very similar to an actual plane I have flown. Unfortunately due to work schedule, I haven't been able to fly it. I can't wait to take it to the field and fly this beauty.