FMS Stuka Ju 87 1400mm (55") Wingspan - PNP
This product is discontinued
Spare parts available below
FMS 1400mm (55") Junkers Ju 87 or "Stuka" - Receiver Ready (PNP) - FMS029
The Junkers Ju 87 or Stuka (from Sturzkampfflugzeug, "dive bomber") was a two-man (pilot and rear gunner) German dive bomber and ground-attack aircraft. Designed by Hermann Pohlmann, the Stuka first flew in 1935 and made its combat debut in 1936 as part of the Luftwaffe's Condor Legion during the Spanish Civil War.
The aircraft was easily recognisable by its inverted gull wings and fixed spatted undercarriage, upon the leading edges of its faired maingear legs were mounted the Jericho-Trompete ("Jericho Trumpet") wailing sirens, becoming the propaganda symbol of German air power and the blitzkrieg victories of 1939–1942. The Stuka's design included several innovative features, including automatic pull-up dive brakes under both wings to ensure that the aircraft recovered from its attack dive even if the pilot blacked out from the high acceleration.
Although sturdy, accurate, and very effective against ground targets, the Ju 87, like many other dive bombers of the war, was vulnerable to modern fighter aircraft. Its flaws became apparent during the Battle of Britain; poor manoeuvrability and a lack of both speed and defensive armament meant that the Stuka required heavy fighter escort to operate effectively.
This is one of FMS' most scale warbirds. Flies like she's on rails, easy to takeoff and land for anyone with moderate warbird experience. With the cannons attached, large 13x9 scale three blade propeller, multi-segemented flaps and rear gunner, the FMS Stuka looks absolutely menacing both on the ground and in the air. One for the collection!
- Many scale details including machine guns, painted spinner and WWII markings
- Multi segmented flaps for scale takeoffs and landings
- Large 13x9 three blade scale propeller
- LED navigation lights
- Durable EPO Foam
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 4 Cell 14.8V 2500 mAh Lipo Battery with EC3 Connector - EPR25004E
- 4 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
1400mm / 55.1in
1060mm / 41.7in
3648-Kv600 Brushless Motor
60A ESC, Internal 5A SBEC, EC3 Connector
Propeller / EDF
13x9 Three Blade Propeller
9g×7 and 17gx1
Fixed Scale Gear
14.8V 2500-3000mAh 25C 4 cell LiPo with EC3 Connector