FMS T-28 Trojan V4 Red 1400mm (55") Wingspan - PNP
FMS 1400mm (55") T-28 Trojan V4 Receiver Ready in Red and White Navy Color Scheme - FMS083P
The T-28 Trojan is a classic warbird trainer aircraft. The FMS 1400mm T-28 V4 is one of their most popular warbirds for good reason. With its gentle flight characteristics, scale appeal and features you will see why so many RC pilots love this model from takeoff to touchdown.
- Shock absorbing oleo struts
- Servoless retractable landing gear
- Working full size flaps
- Bright LED navigation lights
- Scale details like chrome spinner and landing gear doors
- Secure ball links on push rods
- Multi wire connector allows quick disconnect of wires for easy wing removal
- Durable EPO Foam
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 4 Cell 14.8V 4000 mAh Lipo Battery with EC3 connector (Requires adapter, see below) - EPR40004
- EC3 Female to T-Connector Male Adapter - ADMEC3FTCONNM
- 4 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
- To help protect your water-based paint from flaking (click on the Support tab above for more info) we recommend Beacon Hobby Coat - 54947-31714
1400mm / 55.1in
11850mm / 46.7in
4258-650KV Brushless Motor
70A ESC, Internal 5A SBEC with EC3 Connector
Propeller / EDF
13x9 Three Blade Propeller
6x 9g and 1x 17g
Electronic Retracts (main gear and tail)
4 Cell 14.8V 4000 mAh Lipo Battery with EC3 connector (required)
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- August 22, 2017 - This new V4 uses a water-based paint that may have a tendency to flake from the foam compared to oil-based paint. We recommend using Beacon Hobby Coat to protect the paint and keep it from flaking. You can purchase Beacon Hobby Coat here.
- June 5, 2017 - Changes from V3 to V4 include:
- Shock absorbing metal oleo struts covered with scale plastic parts for looks
- Glueless wing "Servo Pockets" (servos in the wing are screwed in as opposed to glued for easier replacement)
- Upgraded (larger) 4258-650KV motor with Japanese ball bearings and magnets
- Pre-installed ball links on push rods as opposed to the old clevis-control horn setup
- New FMS multi-connector system for cleaner wiring and easy wing removal
- FMS removed the functional cowl flaps. While technically a downgrade, there are two less servos to worry about
- New Motor shaft New detailed cockpit with 1 pilot figure
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Dive to destruction
I lost it today. Previously had 6 uneventful flights and expected the same today. But right after takeoff and turning downwind she nosed over and "spun" into the ground. I had enough altitude to try control inputs but there was no response - just a perfectly vertical rolling dive into the ground. Regarding landing gear problems others have reported, the only thing I noticed is that the nose gear "chatters" when going up or down. But the gear always operated in the 6 flights plus one takeoff. I also found that the balance with a 2200 mah battery required the battery be moved aft to where only the rear most velcro strap was on the battery. I put velcro on the battery and tray though and that seemed to make it secure enough. Unsure what to do next. Try again - or retire. Very disappointing.
Pretty but problematic
I really wanted to love this plane. Every T-28 I've flow (even older versions of this) were awesome. As noted this plane has a serious flaw in the nose retract. The trunion and jack screw slider just can't line up. The slider doesn't have a flat surface. Result is any slight touch on the nose and it folds. I finally swapped out a FreeWing retract to fix it after hours of fiddling with the internals. Also to get balance with any battery I had to move the connection plate back so I could move the battery aft.
I have had numerous problems since I purchased this plane. Initially, I experienced an ESC fire which killed all installed servos. Motion RC was great in their customer support, and provided all new servos, ESC and Nose Gear. The biggest problem is replacing the nose gear with no way of extending the gear. The rigging of the doors does not provide any way of manually lowering the gear, and the plastic parts break. There is also a tiny spring which holds the doors fully open, and it is nearly impossible to install. It took me over three hrs to get it in. The servos are different sizes, and even have different size screws to hold the servo arms. When I finally got it flying, it flys great, but after three flights, normal soft landings, the nose gear failed in the up position, so I get to have that fun all over again. The support from Motion RC has been fantastic !!!
FMS T28 55 inch
Great plane / Super flier
one of the best planes out of the box ive ever flown.thanks motion rc
A marvelous plane to have in the arsenal . Shipped it in 2 days 1 hour to assemble wheels up on the runway w an excellent flight ! Call it a great day with motion r c !
The operating manual is basically useless. Can't even explain the correct location of the CG. I had to epoxy glue the horizontal stab on. The provided screws would not fit properly. I had problems with both main landing gear from flight one. Failure to extend and retracting while taxing back after landing. Motion R/C was good enough to replace one of the main gear. The plane is a good flyer.
Best plane in my flight
I just took this plane out again yesterday...after I updated mine to a V4. I was amazed at how well it flew! With the new motor, this ol' girl is just as fast as my A-10! After a very minor trim adjustment on the first pack, it flew rock solid and so smooth I was in awe. I use a Spektrum AS3X receiver, programed with a moderate amount of gain. But even with the gyro off, this plane is smooth as silk. It settles in beautifully for nice landings. I use full flaps, and carry a little power on final, just before touch down, a slight (very slight, or it will ballon on you) flare and drop the power - the plane greases in just like I know what I am doing. Although I love my Freewing A-10 and P-51, this plane is probably my favorite. My only complaint is the gear door setup is a little bit finicky. I took off the outer hatch covers, so there is never a jam.