Freewing F-4D Phantom II 90mm EDF Jet - ARF PLUS
F-4D Phantom II 90mm EDF Jet from Freewing - ARF PLUS - FJ31211A+
Version Info: This is the ARF+ version for pilots who wish to install their own power system. All primary electronics including servos and landing gear retracts come pre-installed, just add your own power system (EDF, motor, and ESC) to begin flying.
The specter has been revealed! Aviation enthusiasts have long loved the F-4 Phantom, and Freewing and Motion RC are extremely proud to introduce our 90mm Super Scale Series rendition of this ultimate warfighter! For more than 50 years, the F-4 Phantom delivered the versatile capabilities required of an all-weather frontline supersonic interceptor, fighter-bomber, SEAD, and reconnaissance platform. Less than a year after its retirement from US military service, you can still keep the F-4 Phantom flying in your RC fleet!
RC pilots have consistently requested a large F-4 EDF jet that performs excellently out of the box without endless modifications. We developed this F-4 to deliver reliability, durability, and performance from your very first flight. Grass operation is a hallmark of the Freewing 90mm F-4. With its wide stance, tall main tires, Oleo suspension nose strut and concealed trailing link suspension main struts, this aircraft performs well on rougher grass fields.
Super scale details include accurate dual landing lights flush-mounted into the scale operating nose wheel doors, DayBright position lights, rivet detail, static arrestor hook, and period accurate ordnance comprising four AIM-9D Sidewinders and two 370 gallon fuel tanks on removable hardpoints. Plastic details include pitot tubes, ejection seat pull rings, and molded exhaust nozzles. The large fiberglass nose cone is magnetic and removable, and the chin pod beneath it is foam, allowing easy removable and customization for other versions (-C or late -D). An optional, highly detailed 3DPUP set (“3D Printed Upgrade Part”) is available that represents the correct Mk H-7 ejection seats and cockpit instrument panels in high detail. Download the 3D Print-ready files for free!
Representing the famed aircraft BuNos 66-463 operated by pilot Richard “Steve” Ritchie and weapons systems officer Charles “Chuck” DeBellevue when they scored their fifth kill together on May 10, 1972 over Vietnam, the Freewing 90mm F-4 arrives pre-painted in classic SEA (South East Asia) Camo and proudly wears the markings of the 555th TFS. For piloting wanting to customize their F-4 with their own scheme, we recommend Callie-Graphics.com.
Such a large RC model aircraft remains easy to transport with magnetic removable fiberglass nose cone and removable wings with a convenient flexible wire harness that attaches at each wing root. Large flaps, brass ball links, reliable control hardware, and digital servos throughout the aircraft provide positive control, and a specially designed elevator mechanism incorporates two ball bearings for smooth rotation at all times.
Own the biggest and best performing foam EDF F-4 Phantom in the world – Rejoice RC pilots, Freewing has delivered another grand slam!
Visit the Official Freewing 90mm F-4 Phantom II Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
Note: The F4 Phantom displayed in the photos above - while similar in livery - is a custom-painted pre-production version and not the actual final production version.
- Removable ordnance (4x AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles and 2x magnetic fuel tanks)
- Scale operating nose door and landing lights
- Durable suspension struts for grass operation
- Removable wings and stabilizers for convenient transport
- Removable magnetic fiberglass nose cone
- Digital servos throughout
- Freewing F-4D Phantom II 90mm EDF Jet - ARF PLUS
- Brushless motor, EDF unit and ESC (see specifications for details)
- 6 Channel radio - select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel receiver - select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo battery with EC5 connector - we recommend the Admiral 6 Cell 5000 mAh LiPo with EC5 connector
- 6 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
- Two 4 Cell 14.8V 5000 mAh LiPo batteries with EC5 connector - EPR50004PRO (if 8S power system is desired)
- EC5 2-to-1 series adapter - ADMEC5SERIES (if 8S power system is desired)
1030mm / 40.15in
1550mm / 61.02in
2850g / 100.53oz (w/o battery)
CG (Center of Gravity)
190mm (7.5") from the leading edge of the wing at the root
6-8S Brushless Outrunner Motor (required)
Electronic Speed Control
130A for 6S/150A for 8S (required)
Propeller / EDF
90mm 9/12-Blade EDF (required)
9g metal gear digital standard with 600mm lead : nose gear steering, nose gear door
Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts
6S or 8S depending on power system and ESC (required)
6 Channel (required)
|Outdoor, 300+ foot paved runway or short manicured grass|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- Sept 21, 2018 - This update is specific to the new Grey color version of the 90mm F-4D. The grey version of this model includes two decal sets, one Marines "Grey Ghosts" and one Navy "Sundowners." The plane comes painted to accept the decals for the Grey Ghosts variant. If you wish to use the Navy Sundowner livery, it will look best if you paint your vertical stabilizer white before applying the decals to the tail section. Use a foam safe paint such as basic latex paint available at major hardware stores.
- March 22, 2018 - For modelers with access to a 3D Printer or who want to use a third party 3D printing service, we are offering for a limited time the original .STL files for free download. Modelers are responsible for preparing the file for their own printer’s specifications. These downloadable files are ideal for modelers who enjoy tinkering with printer settings and materials. Please note, we only provide the .STL files themselves; we cannot provide tech support for your specific printer. By downloading the .STL files, you agree to not monetize the file in any way without Motion RC’s express written consent. If you have your own 3D printer, or have access to one, you can download the STL files directly at this link. (There are 22 total STL ladder, cockpit and nozzle files, formatted for 3D printing included in this .ZIP file).
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
The phantom is a marvel. It is too cold here right now to fly it, but from building it, it is great quality and a joy. There is a lot of attention to detail, the colour is well done, there are many parts such as the trailing-link gears which look very promising.
Freewing F-4D Phantom II 90mm EDF Jet - ARF PLUS
I purchased the ARF+ so that I could add my own power system. I installed the Jetfan 90mm EDF unit and HET 700-68-2100 motor. I'm very happy with this setup.
Good morning Vietnam.
Cool plane . Using 8s 5000mah. Flies as well as most F4's . I have LX F4 which is not as fast as Freewing model but close to the same in flying. My retract pin broke on 3rd landing which was near perfect and scraped nose cone flat. I also had a retract pin break on good landing on my Freewing A-10 ??? different retract! Scraped up up bottom of gun. Not cool. These bigger jets need stronger gear all the way around. Nose gear 4 sure!!
Freewing F-4 ARF+
I purchased the ARF+ so that I could add my own power system. I installed the Freewing 90mm 12 Blade Metal EDF 6S Power System with 4068-1680kV Brushless HET Inrunner Motor - E7225 with a Freewing 120A ESC with outboard BEC and the Admiral 5000 mAh 6 cell battery. Thie setup is extremely fast and I see no real need to go to 8 cells. The only negative is 2 min of flight time. The performance is great.
Best FW airplane ever!!!!
This F-4 Phantom II is the best value on the market. It is easy to assembly and flies great right out of the box! I hope they come out with a GRAY version. One can't go wrong with this plane!
Flies fast, flies slow, looks just plain awesome in the air and on the ground. Long overdue - but justice has been done! Love this airplane!
Best Freewing airplane ever made!
Waited years for this quality, awesome flying airplane. One of the best flying F-4s out of the box. Can't be beat!
It's hard to add anything new that has not already been said
What can I say? This is one phantastic edf ! I begged for 2 years for this plane and finally have one. Fit and finish is Supreme Royale. Goes to together very easily. And it's a modder's dream, especially with the 3D printed cockpits, J-79 nozzles, Callie graphics, RC Geek's center afterburner, ordinance. Some have even added a working drag chute I went with the VF-111 Navy Sundowners livery. Go Navy ! If you're surfing reviews on this model, I think you will be very pleased. Just click buy !