Freewing A-10 Thunderbolt II Super Scale Twin 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
A-10 Thunderbolt II "Warthog" Super Scale Twin 80mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31111P
Renowned by its crews and the men and women it has protected on the ground for decades, the A-10 Thunderbolt II, affectionately called the ‘Warthog’, continues to dominate the skies on CAS missions in conflict areas around the world. Despite first flying over 40 years ago, the A-10’s superior ability to execute its intended mission in modern warfare remains unchallenged.
To honor this iconic aircraft, Motion RC and Freewing Models are very proud to announce the world’s largest and most definitive foam electric PNP A-10 Thunderbolt RC model aircraft in the world! Powered by twin 80mm EDFs, this 1700mm wingspan beast is larger than the two 1500mm wingspan twin 70mm EDF A-10s on the market, while still remaining easy to transport. The Freewing 80mm A-10 delivers the best balance between size, weight, thrust, top speed, stall speed, transportability, rough grass handling, and overall scale fidelity. As an added bonus we've included a full complement of highly detailed weapons in the box; a $50 value!
The model is assembled from just ten main parts. Removable wings and a convenient flexible servo wire harness accessible at the wing root ensures a safe and reliable electronic connection at all times. The A-10’s wings are composed of hollow chambered foam with an interlocking matrix of plywood ribs, carbon square spars, and aluminum blocks, providing rigid yet supple handling.
Recognizing requests from our customers who don’t have access to smooth paved runways, the Freewing 80mm A-10 was specifically designed to be the most grass-capable PNP EDF on the market. While sporting a scale Oleo nose strut, the main struts are tensioned trailing links. With foam rubber tires over 3” tall and 1” wide, we tested the Freewing 80mm A-10 to takeoff from extreme grass 3” tall. The main landing gear mounts are arranged as part of the aforementioned plywood, carbon, and aluminum matrix, to distribute rough landing forces throughout the wing and avoid critical damage.
In the air, the A-10’s all-new power system delivers a fully scale flight profile. Tall vertical loops, hard “jinking” turns, stable slow flight, and authoritative power. Critically, this model was designed to fly at all throttle points, both upright and inverted, without pitch sensitivity. There isn’t any nose weight in this A-10; instead various factors were optimized in concert so you won’t need lots of up elevator to fly level, and varying power suddenly won’t cause the nose to pitch up or down.
As a semi-scale model, the Freewing 80mm A-10 is finished from the factory in USAF two tone gray. A waterslide decal set with over 50 utility markings and three complete A-10 liveries, is included for the pilot to customize his or her A-10. These decals proudly represent:
Indiana’s 163rd Fighter Squadron “Blacksnakes”
Louisiana’s 47th Fighter Squadron “Termites”
Georgia’s 23rd Fighter Group “Flying Tigers”
For pilots wanting to install a matched pair of their own 90mm EDFs on 6s, we will also be offering a 90mm nacelle which bolts into place and retains the outer dimensions of the stock 80mm nacelle. Own the world’s largest, most capable, most customizable, and most powerful foam electric PNP A-10 and add a definitive scale powerhouse to your hangar today!
Visit the Official Freewing A-10 80mm Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Largest foam electric PNP A-10 Warthog in the world
- Full complement of highly detailed weapons included in the box (CAS loadout)
- Weapon plyons are individually removable from the wing and each weapon can be placed on any of the 8 included plylons for total customization.
- 90mm bolt-on nacelles for those who wish to install a 90mm power system (sold separately)
- Award Winner at AEF 2017 for "Best Scale Jet"
- High scale fidelity
- Qualifies as Giant Scale Class per AMA rules
- Grass-ready retracts with metal trunions and 5mm hardened steel pin
- Multi-material (full carbon fiber spars, plywood ribs, and aluminum blocks) wing structure for best balance of rigidity and smooth flight handling
- Scale wheel hubs and sequenced nose gear door
- DayBright LEDs and sequenced landing light
- Screw-on wings and tail surfaces
- Flexible wing wire harness for ultimate reliability and resistance to disconnection during wing flexing
- Spacious battery bay, no cutting required
- Digital Metal Gear Servos throughout
- Three unique livery options and 50 different utility decals are included in the box for maximum customization
- Model officially licensed by Northrop Grumman
- Freewing A-10 Thunderbolt II Super Scale Twin 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- TWO 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 - 6000 mAh LiPo Batteries with EC5 Connectors - We recommend 2 Admiral 6 Cell 5000 mAh LiPo batteries
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1700mm / 66.92in
1551mm / 61.06in
5406g / 190.69oz with two 6S Admiral 4000 mAh LiPo Batteries
|CG (Center of Gravity)||78mm back from the leading edge of the wing root, with the aircraft upright and gear down|
2x 3530-1900KV Brushless Outrunner Motors
Electronic Speed Control
2x 100 Amp ESCs with EC5 Connectors
Propeller / EDF
2x 80mm EDFs with 9 Blade Fans
9g metal gear digital standard with two 300mm leads : landing gear door
|Landing Gear||Grass-ready scale oleo nose strut and tensioned trailing link main struts|
2x 6S 22.2V 4000mAh - 6000mAh LiPo with EC5 Connector
Nylon reinforced hinges
|Build Time||1 Hour|
Product Spare Parts