Freewing A-4E/F Skyhawk 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
- This is the pre-order for the Freewing A-4E/F Skyhawk 80mm EDF Jet - PNP. The current expected arrival date is mid September 2017. Any changes to the ETA will be posted on this page.
- This is a HIGH DEMAND product, so we strongly recommend pre-ordering if you wish to receive a unit from the first shipment.
- In order to hold your Freewing A-4E/F Skyhawk 80mm EDF Jet - PNP, your credit card or PayPal account will be billed at the time your pre-order is placed.
- Please DO NOT order spare parts with your pre-order unless you are willing to wait for them to ship with the plane. We do not ship spare parts separately before pre-order items.
Freewing 80mm 12-Blade EDF A-4E/F Skyhawk Jet - (Plug-N-Play) - PNP - FJ21311P
The A-4 Skyhawk commands a beloved place in aviation history. Designed by the famed Ed Heinemann for Douglas Aircraft in the 1950s, the A-4 was optimized as a multi-role aircraft that used its low weight, high maneuverability, and straightforward reliability to lethal advantage. Despite absorbing the highest combat loss rate in the Vietnam War, A-4 crews fearlessly executed their missions with bravery and valor. The Skyhawk’s nearly 70 year history of distinguished service and its continued operation to this day is testament to the timelessness of “Heinemann’s Hotrod.”
To honor this beloved aircraft, Freewing and Motion RC proudly offer the Freewing 80mm A-4E/F Skyhawk! The biggest mass produced foam electric PNP A-4 in the world, this flying model is powered by a 3530-1850kv brushless outrunner motor and 12 blade EDF ducted fan, achieving a top speed of 95 mph/150kph using the recommended 6s 4000mAh-5000mAh battery. Nearly the same scale as Freewing’s popular MiG-21, Freewing’s A-4 is part of our “big 80” series and like the MiG-21 was designed to accommodate a wide range of battery sizes. See the comparison photo with our Freewing twin 80mm F-14 to get a sense of the A-4’s overall displacement!
The Freewing 80mm A-4E/F Skyhawk features all new fold-and-twist retracts, with durable aluminum trailing link struts for confident operation on rough grass runways. Removable wings, flexible wing wire harnesses, and a magnetic nose cone enable quick takedown for easy transportation. In addition to the A-4’s overall scale profile fidelity, other scale details include plastic split flaps, plastic arrestor hook and cannon barrels, and plastic intakes. A complete ordnance package is also included, featuring detachable magnetic fuel tanks and AGM-12 Bullpup missiles and outer pylons, and a removable refueling probe. Plastic underside plates protect the wingtips from scratches, and the plastic capped magnetic nose cone reduces damage in the event of a nose over. The ultimate in PNP convenience, only twelve screws and one glue joint complete the primary assembly of the aircraft. Brass ball links, reliable control hardware, and digital servos provide positive control as you dominate the skies in your ‘Scooter’!
Adding to the model’s visual versatility, the later version avionics “hump” is also included! Attach this magnetic “hump” onto the fuselage’s upper spine to change between two variants of the Skyhawk. Two complete waterslide decal sets are also included, depicting a US Navy A-4 from VA-22 and a US Marines A-4 from VMA-311. Fly either of these with pride, or personalize you’re A-4 with another livery of your choosing! We recommend Callie-Graphics.com for all your custom adhesive vinyl decal needs, and we worked with her to ensure her decal sets match our Freewing 80mm A-4’s proportions.
We recommend the Freewing 80mm A-4E/F Skyhawk for Intermediate pilots and above with prior experience on other Freewing 80mm EDF jets, operating on paved or short cut grass runways. Flying with full ordnance and the avionics hump gives pilots a different experience than flying fully clean, so we encourage pilots to try all configurations and see what best suits their flying style. We prefer flying without the draggy fuel tanks, but with the Bullpup missiles, both for “cool” factor and for orientation. In the air, the Freewing A-4 is a balance between the Freewing F-86 and the Freewing Mirage –easy to fly yet quick to disappear! The A-4’s wing has been optimized for balanced handling and a mild stall. Like a typical delta wing, the A-4 bleeds speed in turns, and has a very fast and axial roll rate. Flaps are not needed for smooth rotation takeoffs or slow landings. See the manual for flap-to-elevator mixing to bring in your Skyhawk slow and slightly nose high for perfect landings every time! Having been developed over several years, we endeavored to create an accessible A-4 that looks the part yet is user-friendly. We think you’ll be very pleased with the result!
A portion of all proceeds from the sale of our Freewing 80mm A-4E/F Skyhawk in 2017 will be donated to the A-4 Skyhawk Association. Thank you to the pilots and crews of this magnificent aircraft!
Visit the Official Freewing A-4E/F Skyhawk Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Includes magnetic Avionics “Hump” to alternate between -E and -F variants
- Powered by a 3530-1850KV outrunner motor and 12 blade EDF
- Optimized wing design allows for stability both in slow and high speeds
- Magnetic fuel tanks and AGM-12 Bullpup missiles
- All New Rotating Retracts with Trailing Link Struts
- Removable wings and stabilizers for convenient transport
- Removable nose cone and refueling probe
- Plastic Split Flaps
- Includes waterslide decals for US NAVY VA-22 “Fighting Redcocks” and US MARINES VMA-311 “Tomcats”
- Freewing A-4E/F Skyhawk 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 or 5000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - We recommend EPR40006PRO
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
940mm / 37in.
1430mm / 56.29in.
2200g / 78oz including missiles/tanks, without battery
|CG (Center of Gravity)||Please refer to the manual|
3530-1850KV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
100A ESC, 5A BEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan
|Landing Gear||Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts|
6S 22.2V 4000mAh or 5000mAh LiPo with EC5 Connector
Nylon reinforced hinges
|Build Time||1-2 Hours|
|Recommended Environment||Outdoor, 300+ foot paved runway or short manicured grass|