Freewing Avanti S Red 80mm EDF Ultimate Sport Jet - ARF PLUS
Freewing 80mm 12-Blade EDF Avanti S Red Ultimate Sport Jet - ARF PLUS - FJ21221A+
Version Info: This is the all new racing red paint scheme version of our extremely popular Avanti S. It is also the ARF+ version for pilots who wish to install their own power system. All primary electronics including servos and landing gear come pre-installed, just add your own power system (EDF, motor, and ESC) to begin flying.
Looking for the ultimate sport jet precision performance in a sleek and affordable package? The Freewing Avanti S is perfect for you! The world’s first officially licensed foam electric Avanti, courtesy of SebArt and its titular designer, Sebastian Silvestri, the Freewing 80mm Avanti S is poised to thrill EDF pilots the world over with its sport jet styling and powerhouse performance.
Sebart’s popular Avanti S design has distinguished itself for years in the turbine jet format, with the largest fiberglass/wood Avanti XXL topping out at a 2.5M wingspan and 40 pounds dry! The Avanti S in a variety of sizes and powerplants has won awards in freestyle, acrobatic, sport, and other classes in competitions worldwide. Its remarkable performance and crisp handling at all speeds sets it apart as one of the most sought after sport jets in the hobby. We’re excited to bring this elite pedigree of design and performance to the foam electric class with the Freewing 80mm Avanti S.
The Freewing 80mm Avanti S recently won first place for "Best Flight" at AEF 2017, so bring an award winner into your hangar today!
Visit the Official Freewing Avanti S Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- NEW! Featuring an all new high visibility and bold racing red paint scheme
- Officially licensed by SebArt International, the Avanti's original designer
- 115mph airspeed on recommended stock outrunner and 6s 4000mAh battery
- Optimized ducting that eliminates the need for a cheater hole
- Electric retracts and trailing link suspension struts for grass operation
- Removable wings with quick disconnect plug
- LED position lights on the wingtips, dorsal spine, and ventral keel
- 1236mm wingspan and 1300mm length
- Magnetic removable nose cone with plastic cap for durability
- Split flaps
- Two seat foam cockpit and light tinted plastic canopy for customization
- Spring-hinged double nose door
- Digital Metal Gear servos on all surfaces
- Freewing Avanti S Red 80mm EDF Ultimate Sport Jet - ARF PLUS
- Brushless motor, EDF unit and ESC (see specifications for details)
- 6 Channel radio - select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel receiver - select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh or 5000 mAh LiPo battery with EC5 connector - we recommend the EPR40006PRO
- 6 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1236mm / 48.6in
1300mm / 51.2in
~2600g / 91.7oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||105-110mm where wing's LE meets fuselage (see manual diagram)|
Recommended Power System
3530-1800KV Brushless Outrunner Motor (recommended)
Recommended Electronic Speed Control
100A ESC with EC5 Connector (recommended)
80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan (recommended)
9g metal gear standard with 200mm lead : nose gear steering. left flap, right flap
|Landing Gear||Electric retracts and trailing link suspension struts for grass operation|
6S 22.2V 4000mAh or 5000mAh LiPo with EC5 Connector
Nylon reinforced hinges
|Build Time||1+ Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- February 6, 2017 - The canopy in some of the photos was painted blue. The actual plastic canopy is lightly tinted smoke as you can see in the other photos, with a traditional two seat foam cockpit area. Pilots can tint or paint the canopy to any shade they prefer, and detail the cockpit to the extent they prefer, before gluing the canopy on.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Recently Viewed Products
If the budget will allow only one EDF, this is the one!! Very smooth and stable even at low speeds. Lands easily. Paired with a 12 blade fan assembly.
love this plane and the customer service from motion..
this is a better made avanti than my yellow one is. the slots for wing fences are already there and the finish is great. i know it will fly well.. cant wait for spring.
Video for my Previous 5 Star Review
My Video of a club members Red Avanti. Hopefully a video of a formation of Avanti's in the future will be forthcoming. Everyone I know that have bought one raves about this bird.
One of the BEST EDF Jets Available
I’ve flown many flights on my original Avanti (yellow) and was ready to refresh by installing the power system in a new ARF version. Decided to purchase the Red color Scheme for a change,
I was intimidated by this size EDF, but I was happily surprised as how easy it is to fly and land, even on a grass field.
Bought a second
Great flying aircraft!!