Freewing F-14 Tomcat Twin 80mm EDF Jet - ARF PLUS
Freewing F-14 Tomcat Twin 12-Blade 80mm EDF Jet in "Bullet 101" Scheme - ARF PLUS - FJ30811K+
Version Info: This is the ARF+ version for pilots who wish to install their own power system. All primary electronics including servos and landing gear come pre-installed, just add your own power system (EDF, motor, and ESC) to begin flying.
We here at Motion RC are proud to announce our Super Scale F-14D Tomcat! Never before has an electric F-14 been produced in this size and with this high a degree of scale fidelity and quality. Easily one of the most beloved jets in history, we’re especially excited to offer this thrilling F-14D Tomcat. Our team worked tirelessly to develop an RC model which brings the excitement and scale performance of this hallmark aircraft to your local flying field and to appropriately honor the F-14 Tomcat’s rightful place in aviation history. We chose to depict “Bullet 101”, the specially marked F-14D from the VF-2 squadron “Bounty Hunters”, which was painted in the mid-1990s to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the F-14’s service in the United States Navy.
The signature feature of the real F-14 is its sweeping wing, and we've worked to design this model around this function as well. Our lightweight, aluminum “Wing Box” design supports a rigid wing in both forward and swept configurations. The wings pivot on flat bearings to reduce resistance and wear. Electric servoless actuators extend and sweep the wings using steel control rods and brass ball links. The result of this design is a durable, maintenance-free wing sweep feature which provides pilots with a worthy F-14 flying experience.
Scale fidelity, surface details, and builder-friendliness were also specific areas of focus. The ARF PLUS model arrives with the main fuselage assembled. All the electronics –servos, retracts, and lights—are completely installed at the factory. You will simply need to add your own power system and ESC. The builder simply needs to screw on the wings and epoxy on the forward nose section and the assorted surface details like the wing fences, antennas, pitot tube, etc. To further simplify the wiring and setup, this F14 incorporates an onboard mixing circuit board which controls all the servos, taileron/aileron mixing, wing sweeping, and the lighting package.
While the complexity of this F-14D make it the largest, most impressive, and heaviest EDF jet available at Motion RC to date, the aircraft uses two 80mm 12 blade EDFs and two 6s 4000mAh batteries (not included) which can propel it through the sky at 100mph. The Freewing F-14 is also extremely capable and stable at slow flight. The model can cruise at 60% throttle, can turn at 40% throttle even with the wings swept rearward, and can land at less than 40mph with full flaps.
Visit the Official Freewing Twin 80mm F-14D Tomcat Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Model officially licensed by Northrop Grumman
- Rigid aluminum wing box assembly for a swept wing configuration
- Pre-installed servoless actuators to sweep the wing during flight
- Super scale details include hand painted pilots, antennas, pitot tubes, etc
- Proudly displaying the authentic "Bullet 101" livery of the VF-2 squandron "Bounty Hunters"
- Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts
- Steerable, shock absorbing nose gear for enhanced ground maneuverability
- Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
- 9x LED lights plus landing light (see manual for configuration options)
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Gapless flap hinges
- Removable magnetic nose cone for convenient transport
- Freewing F-14 Bullet 101 Twin 80mm EDF Jet - ARF PLUS
- Brushless motors, EDF units, and ESCs (see specifications tab for details)
- 7 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 7 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 7 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 7 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- TWO 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Batteries with EC5 connectors - EPR40006
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1016mm retracted 1550mm extended / 40in retracted 61in extended
1498mm / 59in
4160g without battery / 147oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||393mm measured back from the intake|
2x 3530-1750kV Brushless Outrunner Motor (required)
Electronic Speed Control
2x 80A ESCs, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector (required)
Propeller / EDF
2x 80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan (required)
9g metal gear standard with 850mm lead (use 550mm + extension) : nose gear door
|Landing Gear||Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts|
2x 6S 22.2V 4000mAh LiPo (required)
7+ Channel full range 2.4Ghz (using pre-installed mixing board)
Yes (landing light, 9x LEDs)
Nylon gapless hinges
|Build Time||2 Hours|
|Recommended Environment||Minimum 300 foot runway, recommended pavement, mat, or short turf|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- September 19, 2015 - The weapons set shown in the photos is available separately and is not included with the PNP or KIT+ aircraft. The weapons sets do add weight and lots of drag, which decreases the model's top speed by ~12-15 mph.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
- Reviews (1)
- Questions (1)
This is my second F-14. Flew the first one until something broke. Took a while for that to happen. The fit of the access panel over the wing is much better than the last one. The only negative is the foam is not quite as well done as the big Spitfire: numerous pinholes. Not objectionable but a tad disappointing. If there was a 1/2 star available this would be a 4 1/2 star rating. The steering servo was bad but Motion, as they always do, replaced it about as quickly as it is possible to do! I like the jet. I like the way it flies, especially with the RC Geek setup. I like the price too. It's rare for me to miss an airplane after it's gone but this is one of them.