Freewing F-15C Eagle Super Scale High Performance 9-Blade 90mm EDF Jet in "Gulf Spirit" Scheme - PNP - FJ30913P
Version Info: This is the High Performance version of the Freewing F-15C. This version includes a powerful 3672-1900kV inrunner motor with 9-Blade EDF fan unit.
The F-15C Eagle is arguably the world’s most successful fourth generation fighter jet. It delivered the highest thrust, fastest top speed, furthest range, highest combat kill ratio and longest service life among its contemporaries. Our team worked closely with Freewing to develop an RC model which brings the excitement and scale performance of this hallmark aircraft to your local flying field. We chose the livery of AF85102 “Gulf Spirit” of the 58th TFS/33rd TFW, whose pilots combined for three kills during the Gulf War in 1991 and continued on strength with the 12th FS into the 2000s.
Freewing’s F-15C boasts a powerful single 90mm power system and features a range of scale details which set it apart from any other electric F-15. Accurate aircraft lighting using “Daybright” LEDs, sequenced gear doors and landing light, aluminum landing gear struts with ample compression for operation on short grass or pavement, and metal trunnion retracts for durability. The aircraft also features highly detailed 30 piece plastic exhaust nozzles which rival the 3D detail level of RC turbine jets costing thousands of dollars, and an electric speed brake which works in conjunction with the flaps to stabilize that perfect scale landing approach. The elevator mounting and control hardware is reinforced to provide rigidity in high-G maneuvers. Each F-15C also uses over 100 waterslide decals, meticulously applied at the factory by hand to finish off the iconic look of an F-15C Eagle.
Beyond its outer scale fidelity, we optimized this F-15 for ease of use, making it a great choice for weekend flying. A single 90mm powers the aircraft for better efficiency versus a twin 70mm setup, and the bifurcated outlets are sized at 88% FSA total. The fiberglass nose cone easily detaches with magnets, and the wings can be removed for transport. In fact, the model assembles entirely with only 14 screws, and all surfaces can be removed for transport, repair, or replacement.
Intended as a "Scale Plus" flyer, the Freewing F-15C excels in scale maneuvers and stability throughout its flight envelope. The aircraft's wing and elevator use semi-scale airfoils, and at the middle throttle range the aircraft is "floaty." Compared to other 90mm jets, we would rank the F-15 as one of the more easy to fly. With speed brakes and flaps deployed, we clocked the F-15’s landing speed at 23mph, and we clocked an average top speed of 100mph in level flight. With mixed throttle, an Admiral 6s 5000 mAh 50c battery gives 3-4 minutes of flight.
Visit the Official Freewing 90mm F-15C Eagle Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- NEW! Powerful 3672-1900kV inrunner motor with 9-Blade EDF
- Large scale electric ducted fan RC jet sporting an accurate USAF livery
- Hobbywing 130 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 8A UBEC
- Electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation, CNC'd from 6061 aluminum and suitable for pavement or short grass
- Electric wormgear-driven air brake
- Sequenced gear doors provide added realism and reduced drag
- Removeable wings and flight surfaces, including a magnetic nose cone, for easy transport and compact storage
- Machine screws and brass threaded inserts are used to attach the wings for a secure fit and longevity
- Bright LED navigation lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers
- Carbon fiber wing spars and reinforced body parts
- Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball head connectors on elevators provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "slop"
- Nylon, gapless hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- All electronics and components are pre-installed for your convenience. Just plug in your receiver, your charged battery, and fly! (PNP only)
- Freewing F-15C Eagle Super Scale High Performance 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 7 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 7 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 7 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 7 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection (Six channels if the speed brake is mixed with the flaps, or seven channels if both functions are controlled independently).
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh 50c Lipo Battery with EC5 Connector - EPR50006
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
965mm / 37.9in
1450mm / 57.08in
3080g / 108.64oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||118mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
3672-1900kV Brushless Inrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
130A ESC, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector (PNP only)
Propeller / EDF
9-Blade EDF Fan
9g hybrid gear standard with 550mm lead: Nose gear door, nose steering
|Landing Gear||CNC electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation|
Main Wheels = 60mm tall, Nose Wheel = 45mm tall
6S 22.2V 5000mAh 50C LiPo (not included)
Minimum 7 Channel (required)
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- Freewing F-15 90mm Instruction Manual
- Freewing ESC Programming Manual
- Test Manual Download
- test manual 2 download
- September 23, 2015 - The optional weapons set shown in the photos is available separately and can be purchased from the spare parts tab above. The weapons set does add weight and lots of drag, which decreases the model's top speed by ~12-15 mph.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center