Freewing F-15C Eagle Super Scale 12-Blade 90mm EDF Jet in "Gulf Spirit" Scheme - ARF PLUS - OPEN BOX
Open Box Details:
- Missing Parts: None
- Damage/Defects: Minor foam compression/cracks near nose landing gear door.
- Builder Notes: Simple spackle, sanding and touch up paint and she looks good as new. All issues are simple cosmetic fixes and will not affect flight performance.
Please Note: Because of their deeply discounted prices, Open Box merchandise does not include the standard Motion RC warranty and cannot be returned or exchanged even if additional product issues are found. Please consider these restrictions before purchasing Open Box products.
Version Info: This is the ARF+ version for pilots who wish to install their own power system. Primary electronics including servos and landing gear come pre-installed; you simply need to add your own power system (EDF, motor and ESC). The pictures show the optional drop tank and weapon set which is not included with the plane. These can be purchased separately by clicking the "upgrades" tab.
The F-15C Eagle is arguably the world’s most successful fourth generation fighter jet. It boasted the highest thrust, fastest top speed, furthest range, highest combat kill ratio and longest service life among its contemporaries. Our team worked closely with Freewing to develop an RC model which brings the excitement and scale performance of this hallmark aircraft to your local flying field. We chose the livery of AF85102 “Gulf Spirit” of the 58th TFS/33rd TFW, whose pilots combined for three kills during the Gulf War in 1991 and continued on strength with the 12th FS into the 2000s.
Freewing’s F-15C boasts a range of scale details which set it apart from any other electric F-15 ever produced. Accurate airframe lighting using Freewing’s “Daybright” LEDs, sequenced gear doors and landing light, aluminum landing gear struts with ample compression for operation on short grass or pavement, and metal trunnion retracts for durability. The aircraft also features highly detailed 30 piece plastic exhaust nozzles which rival the 3D detail level of RC turbine jets costing thousands of dollars, and an electric servoless driven speed brake which works in conjunction with the flaps to stabilize that perfect scale landing approach. Other iconic details include a plastic molded Vulcan cannon, pitot tube and antennas, ECM blisters, and the five grilles along the intakes. The elevator mounting and control hardware is reinforced to provide rigidity in high-G maneuvers. Each F-15C also uses over 100 waterslide decals, meticulously applied at the factory by hand to finish off the iconic look of an F-15C Eagle.
Beyond its outer scale fidelity, we worked with Freewing to optimize this F-15 for ease of use, making it a great choice for weekend flying. The fiberglass nose cone easily detaches with magnets, and the wings can be removed for transport. In fact, the model assembles entirely with only 14 screws, and all surfaces can be removed for transport, repair, or replacement.
Intended as a "Scale Plus" flyer, the Freewing F-15C excels in scale maneuvers and stability throughout its flight envelope. The aircraft's wing and elevator use semi-scale airfoils, and at the middle throttle range the aircraft is "floaty." Compared to other 90mm jets, we would rank the F-15 as one of the more easy to fly. With speed brakes and flaps deployed, we clocked the F-15’s landing speed at 21mph, and we clocked an average top speed of 94mph in level flight. With mixed throttle, an Admiral 6s 5000 mAh 50c battery gives 3-4 minutes of flight. The F-15C is designed to CG with two Admiral 4s 4000s, for pilots wanting to use their own 8s EDF/motor/ESC power system for the ultimate in thrust and speed for a scale foam jet.
Visit the Official Freewing 90mm F-15C Eagle Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Large scale electric ducted fan RC jet sporting an accurate USAF livery
- Electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation, CNC'd from 6061 aluminum and suitable for pavement or short grass
- Electric wormgear-driven air brake
- Sequenced gear doors provide added realism and reduced drag
- Removeable wings and flight surfaces, including a magnetic nose cone, for easy transport and compact storage
- Machine screws and brass threaded inserts are used to attach the wings for a secure fit and longevity
- Bright LED navigation lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers
- Carbon fiber wing spars and reinforced body parts
- Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball head connectors on elevators provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "slop"
- Nylon, gapless hinges on all control surfaces
- All primary electronics such as servos and landing gear are pre-installed for your convenience. Just add your own power system and you'll be ready for extreme scale flying
- Freewing F-15C Eagle Super Scale 90mm EDF Jet - ARF PLUS
- 90mm Power System (ESC, motor, and 90mm EDF unit)
- 7 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 7 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 7 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 7 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection (Six channels if the speed brake is mixed with the flaps, or seven channels if both functions are controlled independently).
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh 50c Lipo Battery with EC5 Connector - EPR50006
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger – Click Here for recommendations
965mm / 37.9in
1450mm / 57.08in
3080g / 108.64oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||118mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
4068-1680kV Brushless Inrunner Motor (PNP High Performance Edition only)
Electronic Speed Control
130A ESC, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector (PNP only)
Propeller / EDF
90mm Metal Housing EDF with 12 Blade Fan (PNP only)
9g metal gear standard with 550mm lead: Nose gear door, nose steering
|Landing Gear||CNC electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation|
Main Wheels = 60mm tall, Nose Wheel = 45mm tall
6S 22.2V 5000mAh 50C LiPo (not included)
Minimum 7 Channel (required)
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- Freewing F-15 90mm Instruction Manual
- Freewing ESC Programming Manual
- Test Manual Download
- test manual 2 download
- September 23, 2015 - The optional weapons set shown in the photos is available separately and can be purchased from the spare parts tab above. The weapons set does add weight and lots of drag, which decreases the model's top speed by ~12-15 mph.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Best detail made RC I 've bought !
The detail, overall authentication is phenomenal and connections configurations are the best, making teardowns really convenient. Cant wait to fly !
Lovely plane with lots of Details to scale.
Flies straight and fast!!
Does not come with ordinates
First I want to say this really is a great model. And I have several from freewing. We did not receive ordinates and I read overview many times, no where did it state buy separately. And even though it's only 30$ (wich is not a big deal to us) I wish I would have known this. But what causes me to write a review is when my wife did the online chat a man named "Brad" was very rude and condescending. Really bad customer service for loyal customers. A 30$ part made my unboxing day a disappointment. Thanks guys.
FW F-15C Eagle
Went together with out a hitch. Love the Thunder Bird color scheme. Used the FW 90mm inrunner fan for some extra punch. Winter has set in here in the NE, so have to wait for spring to fly.
Good quality flies great
Good quality flies great
building the F15
I haven't had the time to build it
Great flying Jet
I put the Freewing 90mm 12-Blade EDF 6S Power System w/ 4068-1680kV Inrunner Motor inside mine. This thing is awesome. Not super torque to get moving but decent enough. But once its moving, it is easily 100+. Build is easy, straight forward. Easy to fly, even at slower speeds. Use the flaps with speed break and a little throttle, it lands oh so nice. Looks like the real thing. I would recommend this one to all that ask.