Freewing F-15C Eagle Super Scale HP 90mm EDF Jet - PNP - SCRATCH AND DENT
Freewing F-15C Eagle Super Scale High Performance 12-Blade 90mm EDF Jet in "Gulf Spirit" Scheme - PNP - SCRATCH AND DENT
- Product condition: Customer Return
- Missing parts: See Below
- Damage/defects: Shipping Damage: Compression wrinkles in the front end of the fuselage. There is a small scratch on the bottom of the left vertical stabilizer. Weight that sits inside of the nose cone is loose. Bottom magnet on nose cone needs to be re-glued. Easy repairs.
Version Info: This is the High Performance version of the Freewing F-15C. This version includes a powerful HET 1680kv inrunner motor which offers greater thrust, yet slightly decreased flight duration.
In partnership with Freewing, the world’s most prolific foam jet manufacturer, we here at Motion RC are proud to announce the latest aircraft in Freewing’s 90mm Super Scale Jet Series, the F-15C Eagle!
The F-15C Eagle is arguably the world’s most successful fourth generation fighter jet. It boasted the highest thrust, fastest top speed, furthest range, highest combat kill ratio and longest service life among its contemporaries. Our team worked closely with Freewing to develop an RC model which brings the excitement and scale performance of this hallmark aircraft to your local flying field, and which appropriately honors the F-15’s rightful place in aviation history. We chose the livery of AF85102 “Gulf Spirit” of the 58th TFS/33rd TFW, whose pilots combined for three kills with the aircraft during the Gulf War in 1991 and continued on strength with the 12th FS into the 2000s.
Freewing’s F-15C boasts a powerful single 90mm power system and features a range of scale details which set it apart from any other electric F-15 ever produced. Accurate airframe lighting using Freewing’s “Daybright” LEDs, sequenced gear doors and landing light, aluminum landing gear struts with ample compression for operation on short grass or pavement, and metal trunnion retracts for durability. The aircraft also features highly detailed 30 piece plastic exhaust nozzles which rival the 3D detail level of RC turbine jets costing thousands of dollars, and an electric servoless driven speed brake which works in conjunction with the flaps to stabilize that perfect scale landing approach. Other iconic details include a plastic molded Vulcan cannon, pitot tube and antennas, ECM blisters, and the five grilles along the intakes. The leading edge of the intakes themselves are shrouded in thin plastic to maintain their shape and prevent against dings. The elevator mounting and control hardware is reinforced to provide rigidity in high-G maneuvers. Each F-15C also uses over 100 waterslide decals, meticulously applied at the factory by hand to finish off the iconic look of an F-15C Eagle on the flightline.
Beyond its outer scale fidelity, we worked with Freewing to optimize this F-15 for ease of use, making it a great choice for weekend flying. A single 90mm powers the aircraft for better efficiency versus a twin 70mm setup, and the bifurcated outlets are sized at 88% FSA total. The fiberglass nose cone easily detaches with magnets, and the wings can be removed for transport. In fact, the PNP model assembles entirely with only 14 screws, and all surfaces can be removed for transport, repair, or replacement. A thin plastic sheet covers the rear of the cockpit to ward against bubbling in the sun, although as always with EPO foam models we recommend limiting prolonged sun exposure and heat.
Intended as a "Scale Plus" flyer, the Freewing F-15C excels in scale maneuvers and stability throughout its flight envelope. The aircraft's wing and elevator use semi-scale airfoils, and at the middle throttle range the aircraft is floaty with a mild stall at slow speed. Compared to other 90mm jets, we would rank the F-15 as one of the more easy to fly, although with its scale narrow landing gear stance, the model must be slowed down after landing before tightly turning, to prevent possibly scraping a wingtip. In the air, the Freewing F-15C’s climb rate, roll rate, top speed, and overall agility are virtually identical to the Freewing T-45. With speed brakes and flaps deployed, we clocked the F-15’s landing speed at 21mph, and we clocked an average top speed of 94mph in level flight. With mixed throttle, an Admiral 6s 5000 mAh 50c battery gives 3-4 minutes of flight, like other Freewing 90mm jets. The F-15C is designed to CG with two Admiral 4s 4000s, for pilots wanting to use their own 8s EDF/motor/ESC power system for the ultimate in thrust and speed for a scale foam jet.
Note: The optional weapons set as shown in the photos is available separately and is not included with the PNP or KIT+ aircraft. The optional weapons set can be purchased separately from the spare parts tab above, and includes two fuel tanks, two AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles, two AIM-7 Sparrow missiles, and two pylons. The pylons screw into the wing, the missiles connect with pre-installed sliding clips, and the fuel tanks connect with pre-installed magnets. We recommend maidening the F-15 without the weapons first. The weapons set does add weight and lots of drag, which decreases the model's top speed by ~12-15 mph.
- Large scale electric ducted fan RC jet sporting an accurate livery
- Powerful HET 1680kv inrunner motor for maximum thrust
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing for realistic jet turbine-like sound (PNP only)
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing ensure AMA compliance (the fan blades themselves are NOT metal, so there are no flying restrictions - PNP only)
- Hobbywing 130 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 8A UBEC (PNP only)
- Electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation, CNC'd from 6061 aluminum and suitable for pavement or short grass
- Electric wormgear-driven air brake
- Sequenced gear doors provide added realism and reduced drag
- Removeable wings and flight surfaces, including a magnetic nose cone, for easy transport and compact storage
- Machine screws and brass threaded inserts are used to attach the wings for a secure fit and longevity
- Bright LED navigation lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers
- Carbon fiber wing spars and reinforced body parts
- Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball head connectors on elevators provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "slop"
- Nylon, gapless hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- All electronics and components are pre-installed for your convenience. Just plug in your receiver, your charged battery, and fly! (PNP only)
- Minimum 7 Channel Radio - Click Here for recommendations
- 6-7 Channel Receiver - Click Here for recommendations. Six channels if the speed brake is mixed with the flaps, or seven channels if both functions are controlled independently
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh 50c Lipo Battery with EC5 Connector - EPR50006
- Lipo Battery Charger - Click Here for recommendations
965mm / 37.9in
1450mm / 57.08in
3080g / 108.64oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||118mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
4068-1680kV Brushless Inrunner Motor (PNP High Performance Edition only)
Electronic Speed Control
130A ESC, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector (PNP only)
Propeller / EDF
90mm Metal Housing EDF with 12 Blade Fan (PNP only)
9g metal gear standard with 550mm lead: Nose gear door, nose steering
|Landing Gear||CNC electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation|
Main Wheels = 60mm tall, Nose Wheel = 45mm tall
6S 22.2V 5000mAh 50C LiPo (not included)
Minimum 7 Channel (required)
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts